The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by miguelnuva »

BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm Set up a series of one-shots and trilogies in alternate timelines similarly to how the DCEU is separate from The Joker, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Matt Reeves’s Batman, let the MonsterVerse play out the way it’s obviously going (poorly written, popcorn foddering sludge), and if the audience prefers that over the more experimental dark and gritty one-shots or separate trilogies, pull the plug on the MonsterVerse and call it a day.
Let me translate

Do what I want and screw anyone else.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BasedGFan
Ronin

Post by BasedGFan »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:01 pm Honestly a one-shot timeline about Godzilla, Kong and their fellow monsters COULD work.. but there's really no point of doing it now since we're four movies into the MV and everything is already established
The MonsterVerse could end after GvK and we’d be no worse for wear but that’s just my based opinion.

BasedGFan
Ronin

Post by BasedGFan »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:48 pm
BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm Set up a series of one-shots and trilogies in alternate timelines similarly to how the DCEU is separate from The Joker, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Matt Reeves’s Batman, let the MonsterVerse play out the way it’s obviously going (poorly written, popcorn foddering sludge), and if the audience prefers that over the more experimental dark and gritty one-shots or separate trilogies, pull the plug on the MonsterVerse and call it a day.
Let me translate

Bingo.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 pm I read your comment in a soy boy SJW voice like Jeremy’s impersonations from Geeks and Gamers and it made your hilarious but unintelligent rebuttal way more bearable. :lol:
Touché. Touché indeed.

Although…”soy boy SJW” doesn’t really pack any sting. Could’ve done something that tad bit more based, if you will.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Easter eggs I could see and love to see:

1. Godzilla in the hollow earth and when he gets to the trippy gravity stuff, have him use his atomic breath to fly.
2. Have Godzilla pull magnetism for an atomic breath charge up scene.
3. Bring in the spiral atomic breath.
4. Have Rodan drop boulders on a monster.
5. Add a heavy metal remake of Save the earth.
6. Kong fights off 3 reptilian kaiju at once.
7. Kong needs to pull off at least one classic Jaw breaker finisher.
8. Exposition is made that the reason Kong got soo much bigger than his parents is because he eats a special rare berry found only on Skull Island and the hollow earth.
9. Godzilla gets his tail bite by a mothra larva.
10. Also in the hollow earth, Godzilla does the tail slide drop kick.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:48 pm
Let me translate

Bingo.
I will never understand why people that hate the MV so much only comment in the MV section.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:40 pm
I read this in a british, pompous, “up-your-own-ass” accent like Mauler’s and it made this horrendous opinion way more bearable :lol:
I read your comment in a soy boy SJW voice like Jeremy’s impersonations from Geeks and Gamers and it made your hilarious but unintelligent rebuttal way more bearable. :lol:
This is flamebait, no matter what your opinion on the comment is.

This is a verbal warning to not do it again, next time it's an actual one.

This goes for both of you too.

RIP Evan.

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

It’ll be interesting to see where this goes

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/stat ... 11329?s=21

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Monke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:53 am It’ll be interesting to see where this goes

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/stat ... 11329?s=21
I'm gonna guess they're either gonna merge with Warner Bros. Considering they've been working with WB for the last couple years, makes sense.

OR, Netflix gets hold of it, but that seems to be the more unlikely of the two. Still, gonna be neat to see how this'll effect the MonsterVerse.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I feel like that’s the end of the Monsterverse version of Godzilla. Whoever gets legendary, even it’s it’s WB, most likely will want to start over. That’s if it includes the Toho deal. What a shame about LP… kind of always felt like this would happen.
Last edited by Cookson on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cookson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am I feel like that’s the end of the Monsterverse version of Godzilla. Whoever gets legendary, even it’s it’s WB, most likely will want to start over. That’s if it includes the Toho deal. What a shame about LP… kind of always felt like this would happen.
You’re always saying how the MV is at its end and how there’s gonna be a reboot. I seriously doubt that anyone at Legendary or whomever is going to want to do a reboot of their cinematic universe right when they got their foot through the door.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am
Cookson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am I feel like that’s the end of the Monsterverse version of Godzilla. Whoever gets legendary, even it’s it’s WB, most likely will want to start over. That’s if it includes the Toho deal. What a shame about LP… kind of always felt like this would happen.
You’re always saying how the MV is at its end and how there’s gonna be a reboot. I seriously doubt that anyone at Legendary or whomever is going to want to do a reboot of their cinematic universe right when they got their foot through the door.
I’m always saying it? Ok buddy. I’m being realistic. A new company will reboot it to get their stamp on it. I’m a huge supporter of the MV but always look at things realistically.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

Impossible to come to this conclusion right now. Anything is possible. All we can do is wait and see.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Speaking as someone who thinks the MV is only gonna run a couple more movies.. yeah there's no way Legendary will be on board to just redo everything now. Not when there's still a lot to do with the current MonsterVerse.

Honestly after the MV concludes, i wouldn't expect an actual American reboot of Godzilla and King Kong for at least a good decade.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Dafuq? LOL! Yo Mods, unlock my thread. It sure as hell isn't spam and there aren't any existing threads with the topic.
Last edited by Moogabunga on Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^We get it, bro: Monke bad, lizard good. You don't really need multiple paragraphs or your own thread to express that.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Moogabunga wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm Dafuq? LOL! Yo Mods, unlock my thread. It sure as hell isn't spam and there aren't any existing threads with the topic.
It’s locked ‘cuz it’s a buncha’ keyboard diarrhea :lol:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm
Moogabunga wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm Dafuq? LOL! Yo Mods, unlock my thread. It sure as hell isn't spam and there aren't any existing threads with the topic.
It’s locked ‘cuz it’s a buncha’ keyboard diarrhea :lol:
But it wasn't one of your comments...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

bro

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

It's been locked and will remain that way. Drop it.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!