The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Dude, drop the act, you might get yourself banned if you keep this up, I don’t want that, even though we’ve barely talk to each other

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 pm It's been locked and will remain that way. Drop it.
Provide a valid reason why it's locked

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Moogabunga wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 pm It's been locked and will remain that way. Drop it.
We have multiple threads to discuss what you didn't like about Godzilla vs Kong. You've said why you didn't like Godzilla's role in the movie in other threads, and that's fine, but it's not necessary to make a whole thread about it. Drop it man.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 pm
Moogabunga wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 pm
We have multiple threads to discuss what you didn't like about Godzilla vs Kong. You've said why you didn't like Godzilla's role in the movie in other threads, and that's fine, but it's not necessary to make a whole thread about it. Drop it man.
Pretty flimsy a*s reason considering there are numerous threads in just the Monsterverse section that could/should easily be part of other threads yet they still exist. In addition, "necessary"? You really want to tell me with a straight face that a lot of the other threads are "necessary"? :roll: Some weird a*s double standards moderating the site....

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

You've been told to drop it twice. Considered yourself warned.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cookson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am I’m ready to see a Hollywood bad guy Godzilla. Obviously that means saying bye to the Monsterverse.
No it doesn't. Literally just go watch Godzilla vs Kong.

Added in 5 minutes 34 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:18 pm
BasedGFan wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:48 pm

Let me translate

Do what I want and screw anyone else.
Bingo.
I will never understand why people that hate the MV so much only comment in the MV section.
I liked the first two films a lot, and am okay on the third, and mostly just hang on to the dim, fading hope it'll return back to the mode and tone of the entries I like better, than the dumb, poorly written, brain cell killing direction the last film took, which is sadly the direction I expect the next entry to follow so...ugh.

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
Cookson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am I feel like that’s the end of the Monsterverse version of Godzilla. Whoever gets legendary, even it’s it’s WB, most likely will want to start over. That’s if it includes the Toho deal. What a shame about LP… kind of always felt like this would happen.
...don't give me hope. Don't you dare give me hope...
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

Vakanai wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:13 am I liked the first two films a lot, and am okay on the third, and mostly just hang on to the dim, fading hope it'll return back to the mode and tone of the entries I like better, than the dumb, poorly written, brain cell killing direction the last film took, which is sadly the direction I expect the next entry to follow so...ugh.
Remarks like this are really unnecessary and uncalled for because you’re basically insulting those of us who love the movie

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 am
Vakanai wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:13 am I liked the first two films a lot, and am okay on the third, and mostly just hang on to the dim, fading hope it'll return back to the mode and tone of the entries I like better, than the dumb, poorly written, brain cell killing direction the last film took, which is sadly the direction I expect the next entry to follow so...ugh.
Remarks like this are really unnecessary and uncalled for because you’re basically insulting those of us who love the movie
My apologies, I don't mean to offend anyone, but those are my honest opinions on the film and the direction I'm sure the MV will take following it.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 am Remarks like this are really unnecessary and uncalled for because you’re basically insulting those of us who love the movie
Ummm no, he's insulting the movie itself.

This here exemplifies what's wrong with fandoms today: taking things personally when there's no reason to do so.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:22 pm
Titanus_Rodan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 am Remarks like this are really unnecessary and uncalled for because you’re basically insulting those of us who love the movie

This here exemplifies what's wrong with fandoms today: taking things personally when there's no reason to do so.
Actually what's wrong with fandoms today is focusing on what you hate rather than what you like and enjoy.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:40 am

Actually what's wrong with fandoms today is focusing on what you hate rather than what you like and enjoy.
How Vakanai (or anyone else) chooses to celebrate or denigrate whatever movie is up to him, provided he does it in a way that doesn't disrespect other people. He didn't say anything about the people who did like or enjoy GvK (myself included, for what it's worth), and he even apologized for his comments after you took offense to them.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

It'd be easier to focus on what I enjoyed if there were newer live action films coming out outside of the MonsterVerse, or if they were going in a different direction. Sadly for right now there's nothing new for me to enjoy film wise, and nothing planned that I know of outside of things that are most likely going to ape GvK in the hope of copying that success - and I clearly can't enjoy that. If Toho announced a new live action Godzilla in the works right now, or Legendary announces a complete 180 in the direction of their movies and promises nothing resembling GvK then I'd be talking about that. But as of right now the only Godzilla things that I still enjoy that I could talk about are not really all that recent or too small, so I've kind of said what I wanted to with them.

And whether it's right or wrong, it's still what we fans do - we all complain about that which we did not like in the genre. For me, GvK is just the Godzilla thing I hate the most (truthfully the only Godzilla thing I've ever hated - but boy do I ever hate it).

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 pm

It'd be easier to focus on what I enjoyed if there were newer live action films coming out outside of the MonsterVerse, or if they were going in a different direction. Sadly for right now there's nothing new for me to enjoy film wise, and nothing planned that I know of outside of things that are most likely going to ape GvK in the hope of copying that success - and I clearly can't enjoy that. If Toho announced a new live action Godzilla in the works right now, or Legendary announces a complete 180 in the direction of their movies and promises nothing resembling GvK then I'd be talking about that. But as of right now the only Godzilla things that I still enjoy that I could talk about are not really all that recent or too small, so I've kind of said what I wanted to with them.

And whether it's right or wrong, it's still what we fans do - we all complain about that which we did not like in the genre. For me, GvK is just the Godzilla thing I hate the most (truthfully the only Godzilla thing I've ever hated - but boy do I ever hate it).
Not me I have Shin and the Last Jedi buried in a room and turn the other away as much as possible when their brought up. (This post was to make people laugh btw not be serious.)
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm gone for like a month and the MV threads are in shambles
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

H-Man wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:49 am This showed up in my Facebook update feed this afternoon.

I don't know if it's trustworthy.
This has some promising implications but overall seems like a generalized report about stuff that is already known more or less and speculations. Idk how trustworthy this is but we shall see.
As a whole def hoping for some new developments regarding the Kong series or any sequel announcement.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am guessing if they were to make two more Kong films, they will be called Kong : Hollow Earth and Kong : The Eighth Wonder respectively.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I think it should remain a tetralogy.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:20 pm I am guessing if they were to make two more Kong films, they will be called Kong : Hollow Earth and Kong : The Eighth Wonder respectively.
The Eight Wonder wouldn't really make sense in this context. Godzilla should be the Eighth Wonder
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:20 pm I am guessing if they were to make two more Kong films, they will be called Kong : Hollow Earth and Kong : The Eighth Wonder respectively.
The Eight Wonder wouldn't really make sense in this context. Godzilla should be the Eighth Wonder
Nothing wrong with a callback to the past.