Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

Post by Anguirus »

Please oh please let there be dinosaurs this time!

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Castlevania's animation was fantastic. looking forward to seeing Skull Island animated by the same people.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Hmm, interesting.

For some reason this makes me think of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, even though not even the premises are similar.

And part of me woild rather have this be about the Iwi people, whether about their culture or mythology of the animals of the island.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Al Diplodocus wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:41 am Hmm, interesting.

For some reason this makes me think of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, even though not even the premises are similar.

And part of me woild rather have this be about the Iwi people, whether about their culture or mythology of the animals of the island.
Don't see any reason why they can't still have some of that in the anime, the survivors are bound to run into the Iwi eventually.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If anything this will probably be the one avenue we get some genuine expansion on the Iwi people, barring whatever shows up in GvK.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

This is certainly awesome news indeed. I am guessing no real details about the series itself are available yet, but since a Kong animated series hasn't happened in ages the possibilities are endless. I can't wait to see it when it debuts.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

YES!! :D

I'm hoping its a prequel about the Wanderer. It was pretty heavily suggested in the K:SI novelization that a group like the characters from the original King Kong did vanish on the island in the 1930s, so maybe we'll finally be seeing the MonsterVerse's versions of Ann Darrow and Carl Denham?

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

if it is about them, we know they all died before (or during) WWII, or Marlow and Ikari would have run into them at some point
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Pkmatrix wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 am YES!! :D

I'm hoping its a prequel about the Wanderer. It was pretty heavily suggested in the K:SI novelization that a group like the characters from the original King Kong did vanish on the island in the 1930s, so maybe we'll finally be seeing the MonsterVerse's versions of Ann Darrow and Carl Denham?
I would love to see the Monsterverses' interpretation of Ann Darrow and the classic crew.

Added in 22 seconds:
ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:55 am if it is about them, we know they all died before (or during) WWII, or Marlow and Ikari would have run into them at some point
Unless they escaped
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Hey, while I prefer more Godzilla. I don't mind this at all!!

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

Yeah I'm pretty confident about this considering the resume of Powerhouse animation, though I am not crazy about the "Stranded on Skull island" premise cause it's too generic for my taste. I feel like a show centered around the Iwi would have been better.

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

Man oh man, what a time to be alive huh? Godzilla vs Kong rematch and both of them with their own anime.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Pkmatrix wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 am YES!! :D

This. I think a prequel would make more sense but I suppose an epilogue of GvK would also work. Regardless of the winner I doubt any of them will die. That all said you could do more with a prequel most likely. Kong would be younger and unable to keep the island in check as much as an adult Kong would. So it would be a more chaotic and entertaining scenario.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Yippee. Can’t wait to pirate this. :roll:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I wonder will they reintroduce the buried "megafauna" and "florafauna" concepts.

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/12 ... 53728?s=09

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I’m just hoping this isn’t how they want to conclude the Monsterverse... and it shouldn’t be. Hopefully it’s “just to tie us over” till the next film.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think its strange that WB won't put this on its on streaming service. BTW, do any of you think this could eventually pave way for another Godzilla animated series?

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:47 pm I think its strange that WB won't put this on its on streaming service. BTW, do any of you think this could eventually pave way for another Godzilla animated series?
A good question. Since money talks I am going to guess that if this does well enough a Godzilla counterpart would be on the way.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

It'd be awesome that along with showing off the megafauna in the series that weren't shown in Kong Skull Island we'd also see some takes on other characters and creatures from King Kong folklore in general be in it like Gaw and/or the V-Rex.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Admittedly a Skull Island series is a great idea. I imagine its Netflix because of the animation studio involved?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983