Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Hokmuto »

Since we are bleeding out the leaks onto other threads that don’t involve spoilers and the overwhelming amount of bait we are placing in front of people who don’t want to know spoilers, I decided to create this thread to talk freely about them. So, spoiler tags don’t have to be included. If you don’t want spoilers, why are you reading this. Anyhow, KONG IS GOING TO GET WREAKED!!! Sorry, my bad.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by LegendZilla »

If the leaks are true regarding
Spoiler:
Godzilla obtaining not one, but TWO major power upgrades,
O’Shea Jackson sure as hell isn’t lying when he says that Kong needs to bring his shit.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Given that:
-Godzilla is mega powered up
-All the Titans prior had awakened due to Ghidorah
-All the Titans are loyal to Godzilla
-End credits
-Ghidorah’s ability to regenerate

I think either a new regenerated/mutated Ghidorah appears, Kong leaves his home due to the Skull Crawlers wreaking everything and arrives to some city or Kong is used by Monarch to try and control Godzilla because of his excessive power

Nonetheless, I feel there is a high chance that Godzilla could turn somewhat evil as he has a ton of power.
Long Live The King

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Hokmuto wrote:
Nonetheless, I feel there is a high chance that Godzilla could turn somewhat evil as he has a ton of power.
While I think it's a possibility, I think that would be a tremendous mistake. It goes against his character from 2014 and King of the Monsters and would seemingly only be done to force a conflict with Kong, which would be crap
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I could had misinterpreted hearing about this but I recall if leaks to King of the Monsters are true. Godzilla and Kong won't be the only monsters in the movie. TITANS and Rodan will also be appearing.

Edit: Apparently is false as that was clickbait on ScreenRant according to Wingard on Twitter.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I could had misinterpreted hearing about this but I recall if leaks to King of the Monsters are true. Godzilla and Kong won't be the only monsters in the movie. TITANS and Rodan will also be appearing.
They have to be in Godzila vs. Kong. You can't introduce more than ten Titans bowing to Godzilla and never follow up on that - would be awful and cheap writing, plus yeah, Rodan is still alive

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Moogabunga wrote:They have to be in Godzila vs. Kong. You can't introduce more than ten Titans bowing to Godzilla and never follow up on that - would be awful and cheap writing, plus yeah, Rodan is still alive
That's assuming said KotM leak is indeed true.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Moogabunga wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
While I think it's a possibility, I think that would be a tremendous mistake. It goes against his character from 2014 and King of the Monsters and would seemingly only be done to force a conflict with Kong, which would be crap
I can’t see how else they’ll face each other unless we go with my third idea which is that Monarch uses Kong to calm/hinder Godzilla’s super charged form. By the way, this idea was straight from ViewerAnnon.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Moogabunga wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I could had misinterpreted hearing about this but I recall if leaks to King of the Monsters are true. Godzilla and Kong won't be the only monsters in the movie. TITANS and Rodan will also be appearing.
They have to be in Godzila vs. Kong. You can't introduce more than ten Titans bowing to Godzilla and never follow up on that - would be awful and cheap writing, plus yeah, Rodan is still alive
I agree that they have to be in it as well, but they could have minor roles again and just be teased for future Monsterverse films. When it comes to Rodan though, it will be awkward if they just don’t mention him or even show him in GvK.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Hokmuto wrote:Given that:
-Godzilla is mega powered up
-All the Titans prior had awakened due to Ghidorah
-All the Titans are loyal to Godzilla
-End credits
-Ghidorah’s ability to regenerate

I think either a new regenerated/mutated Ghidorah appears, Kong leaves his home due to the Skull Crawlers wreaking everything and arrives to some city or Kong is used by Monarch to try and control Godzilla because of his excessive power

"nnnnooooooo :( :( :( godzila has 2 b a heroe!!!!1 fuk u for thanking he neads to be a villin >:("
Last edited by Ryguy on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

#EvilGodzilla
Long Live The King

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kong will challenge Godzilla to be king of the monsters. The other titans will not get involved because doing do makes Godzilla look weak.

I could see Godzilla taking the titans to skull island as he's a leader now and needs to balance the world some way only to then piss off kong.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

miguelnuva wrote:Kong will challenge Godzilla to be king of the monsters. The other titans will not get involved because doing do makes Godzilla look weak.

I could see Godzilla taking the titans to skull island as he's a leader now and needs to balance the world some way only to then piss off kong.
I would absolutely hate if Godzilla has to call upon the other Titans to help aid him against Kong.
Long Live The King

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

Maybe there will be a team up after all as at this point the chances of Kong matching up, if the G power ups are what I'm picturing, are seriously lowered. Still have to wait and see how KOTM turns out, but everything I'm hearing is just making me real nervous. I want this to be a good/interesting fight but it's sounding like the writers have a tougher job on their hands than I thought, and I don't know how they'll realistically work around it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hokmuto wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Kong will challenge Godzilla to be king of the monsters. The other titans will not get involved because doing do makes Godzilla look weak.

I would absolutely hate if Godzilla has to call upon the other Titans to help aid him against Kong.
He wouldn't, they would not get involved and thus they're wrote out the movie.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

It’d be nuts if the film ended with Godzilla and Kong leading the other Titans against King Ghidorah (or some other monster) as a big secret “Destroy All Monsters” film.

It’s funny, I could see a Destroy All Monsters battle working like that if all the monsters already obey Godzilla.

Added in 2 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds:
Thought this would be useful for speculations, here’s the plot for Godzilla 2, speculate Godzilla vs. Kongs plot from here-
Spoiler:
*Flashback: San Franscisco, 2014*
The movie opens with a POV of our main character (Kyle Chandler), it’s established he was a Monarch scientist who's son had died during the battle from the previous film. The MUTO are never mentioned, nor shown, and it’s insinuated Godzilla is responsible for the death. Soon after, he has a falling out with wife (Vera Farmiga) due to her sympathy towards the Titans. Kyle Chandler leaves the organization.

Vera Farmiga and Millie Brown investigate an enormous pulsating egg in an containment facility in a temple in China, as it soon awakens and hatches, the larva Mothra begins to freak out. Vera Farmiga decides to use a device her and her ex-husband invented known as “The Orca” to calm Mothra down by emitting frequencies that only Titans can respond to.

Eco Terrorists suddenly show up in jets and begin bombing the area, Mothra manages to escape during the mayhem and builds a cocoon underneath a waterfall. The terrorists “kidnap” both Vera and Millie and the Orca.

Elsewhere, Monarch takes a submarine out and locates Godzilla, signaling that he’s still active after the battle with the MUTO and on the move…

Monarch reaches out to Kyle Chandler because he helped work with his wife in building the Orca and are able to track the frequencies the eco terrorists leave behind. He doesn't fully warm up to the organization due to their involvement with Godzilla and the Titans. They soon figure out the Terrorists are heading to Antarctica.
The leader of the eco terrorists (Charles Dance) is Ex-British Special Forces who grew to resent humanity for all the wars and environmental destruction we’ve caused.

Kyle Chandler sneaks his way into the Ghidorah containment facility and tries to free his ex-wife and daughter, only for Vera Farmiga to activate the Orca and awaken King Ghidorah herself. Ghidorah rampages for a bit until Godzilla emerges from the ocean and engages Ghidorah, giving the eco terrorist the opportunity to escape.
During the battle, Godzilla is quickly overwhelmed and knocked through the ice, ending their battle. Monarch manages to distract Ghidorah, and ultimately Sally Hawkin’s character is eaten by Ghidorah!

Monarch is bewildered by Vera’s actions, only for her to directly contact them, revealing she was working for the terrorists the entire time *Cue speech from our trailer* what’s even worse is it’s also revealed Vera Farmiga has raised Millie Bobby Brown into believing the same ideologies.
Kyle Chandler gets into a heated argument with Vera Farmiga over this discovery.

The eco terrorists then head to Mexico, unbeknownst to them, Ghidorah is hot on their trail, in pursuit of the Orca’s frequency.
The terrorist arrive and detonate charges atop an active volcano and awaken our final main monster, Rodan. It is here that Millie starts to reflect the carnage left by Ghidorah and begins to doubt her mom, but puts her doubt in the back of her mind and hopes everything will be fine.
Rodan shows a particular aggressiveness towards jet sound and engages in a dogfight with a bunch of jets over the ocean, knocking jets out of the sky.

*This next part isn’t all that clear as to when it is revealed that Rodan is subservient to Ghidorah, it’s either before or after Godzilla shows up* but my guess would be the events play out like this…

Godzilla emerges from the ocean and engages Rodan in a short battle, Godzilla easily gets the upper hand but before he can deliver the killing blow, Ghidorah arrives and attacks Godzilla.
Godzilla and Ghidorah battle but once again, Ghidorah gets the upper hand and begins constricting Godzilla’s body with his necks.
David Strathairn makes an appearance via monitor and claims things are getting out of hand, issuing the use of a new, experimental anti-Titan weapon known as the “Oxygen Destroyer”. Ken Watanabe pleads with him against the idea, but much like the first film, he’s overruled.

Godzilla, while still in the clutches of Ghidorah, manages to bite off one of the heads, but the military has had enough of this and fires the Oxygen Destroyer at the two. Godzilla "dies" and sinks into the ocean, but Ghidorah is shown to survive it.

It is revealed Ghidorah has a secret ability and completely regenerates a new head. Using an enormous plane, the military plan to lead Rodan to Ghidorah in a last ditch effort to kill them both, but Ghidorah lets loose a bone-chilling scream and Rodan eerily backs down. Suddenly all across the world, Titans everywhere on Earth awaken from their hibernation.
It is revealed all the Titans, including Rodan, look to *King* Ghidorah as their “alpha”.

*Cue Charles Dance’s line “Long Live The King”*

At this point, Millie is fully convinced her mom and the terrorist organization are wrong.

With Godzilla “dead”, nothing stands in their way; Rodan, Ghidorah, and the rest of the Titans go on a rampage across the world, destroying various cities such as Washington DC.

Mothra emerges from her cocoon underneath the waterfall and reveals to Monarch through her “God Rays” that Godzilla is in fact, still alive. It is revealed that Godzilla and Mothra’s species had regularly allied themselves together in ancient times and share a special connection to one another.
Kyle Chandler develops a growing affinity for Godzilla and joins a Monarch team aboard a submarine to try and revive him. Monarch locates him resting on the ocean floor inside an ancient underwater city, feeding off radiation from sea floor vents to stay alive.

In order to save Godzilla, Monarch needs to send a nuke to him, but due to technical difficulties, the nuke will not launch, meaning someone must take it to Godzilla manually and detonate it. During a very emotional scene, Ken Watanabe accepts it HAS to be done and volunteers himself.
He dives down and drags the nuke up a flight of ancient steps and sets the nuke down in front of Godzilla, who is barely alive. He sets the timer and places his hand on Godzilla’s snout, he takes a deep breath and says "Goodbye old friend" in japanese, then the nuke detonates and everything explodes.

Godzilla rises out of the water, now transformed bigger, stronger than ever, and now sporting more traditional dorsal plates. A revamped version of his signature theme from the original 1954 movie plays with a choir chorus.

Godzilla is rejuvenated and eager to take on Ghidorah one last time…

The eco terrorists hide away in Boston as the city begins evacuating. Vera Farmiga realizes King Ghidorah will destroy the Earth far worse than humans could ever do, but Charles Dance doesn't care and ignores her pleas.
Millie Brown overhears this and decides to take matters into her own hands, stealing the Orca and using it to lure all the Titans to Ghidorah's location in Fenway Park so they can destroy him.

Mothra and Godzilla converge on Boston, ready to take on Ghidorah, but Rodan gets in the way and the four monsters have a huge tag team royale with Godzilla and Ghidorah as the heavy hitters and Mothra and Rodan being used as their “support”.
While Godzilla fights Ghidorah, Mothra battles Rodan, and Mothra manages to take Rodan out of the battle by severally wounding him, stabbing him through the chest with a hidden stinger.

Even with Godzilla’s newly acquired atomic power-up, he’s still incapable of defeating Ghidorah, who once again has him on the verge of death. Mothra flies in and briefly battles Ghidorah, but ultimately ends up sacrificing herself, taking a gravity beam for Godzilla.
As Mothra’s body burns up, she transfers her energy to Godzilla, increasing his strength even more, now sporting a burning red “ember-like” aura around him.
Despite this power though, Godzilla still isn’t enough to defeat King Ghidorah…

The Russell family is brought together again as Vera Farmiga makes a noble sacrifice and uses the Orca to drive Ghidorah's attention towards her, resulting in her own death.
However, it gives Godzilla the opportunity to get the upper hand. He begins bombarding Ghidorah with his atomic breath, blasting chunks off him with every shot, but Ghidorah regenerates faster than Godzilla can do damage. Sensing this isn’t working, Godzilla changes up his strategy and reveals a brand new ability, using multiple nuclear pulses to burn and melt Ghidorah away in a firey explosion.

As the smoke clears, it seems Ghidorah's head is still alive, only for it to be revealed that Godzilla has its severed neck dangling from his mouth. The decapitated head is STILL alive, and squirming, but Godzilla fires his atomic ray through its throat and out its mouth, engulfing it in flames, Godzilla then chews up the scorched chunks of fried meat and swallows it.

The movie concludes with a scene of Godzilla being greeted by all of the Titans Ghidorah has awakened, including the wounded Rodan, being lead there when Millie activated the Orca and called all the Titans to Boston.
Instead of attacking Godzilla, they all bow to him, with humanity proclaiming Godzilla as "King of the Monsters".

*Role Credits*

The post credit scene consists of Charles Dance shown to survive, meeting up with a mysterious fisherman who sells him a chunk of Ghidorah’s decapitated head…
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

I agree with PitchBlack (who'll never be as black as me. :lol: One of the problems I have with Destroy All Monsters is they are mind-controlled throughout the entire movie. First by the villians, then by the heroes. It made me feel that the monsters hadn't really defeated Ghidorah, rather the human operators did, making them more like Jeagers than Kaiju.

With the Kaiju following Godzilla into battle out of loyalty, any victory they have will be solely their own.
Last edited by BlacktimusPrime on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Who says Kong won't get a few new powers of his own?

Lightning anyone? Magic Berries?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Who says Kong won't get a few new powers of his own?

Lightning anyone? Magic Berries?
:freak:
Long Live The King

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Looks like the bowing scene at the end of King of the Monsters is potentially used to set up Godzilla as the major threat in this film, with humanity not trusting Godzilla due to his power over the other Titans…

When they bow, you feel like you don’t know if the earth is safe and if humanity is doomed.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

I think it is appropriate to revive this thread since filming is going underway. Regarding the set photos, it seems there is a plane crash. Who knows what that is about.
Long Live The King