Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Kaijucifer »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm Talked to my cousin's friend Sunday while my cousing was visiting for the Royal Rumble.

He told me from what he was able to hear the main objective of this movie is to show Kong off as someone who hold the same star power as Godzilla. Right now Godzilla is the star of the MV and their is several plans for him in the future.

Legendary wants to get the GA excited and to thinking Kong too could have several films and that his stroy doesn't have to end with him dying. As we all know Kong has never been in more than 2 connected films before.

The Axe and saving Godzilla are described as big moments as Legendary wants Kong to look cool and he thinks had theaters been open Kong would have gotten the big cheer and clap moments from viewers.

He believes Godzilla wins but hasn't heard for sure, he does say the way the fight plays out the way it was described to him is that when it looks like Kong is gaining the upper him we see a switch in Godzilla like he gets tired of Kong.

So take that as you will.

As far as the Netflix series his guess is that Toho will announce on November 3rd that Godzilla is back with Legendary (I told him this was Godzilla's birthday so that seemed like a good day to him) and Kong got the anime because if Singulair Point blows up you wouldn't want two Godzilla anime.

He also says he will be shocked if Kong doesn't get at least one movie after this.

Last thing he said from what he hears the Monsterverse team are major kaiju fans and joked about Gamera in the film with Kong say is he with you to Godzilla.

No serious plans for Gamera, just a joke and my cousin's friend called him the flying Turtle.
Is he anyone of note? Does he work at Legendary/WB? Anything that could lend his word any credibility?
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

It’ll be weird if they end the movie with Godzilla in a coma. I hope that detail is wrong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaijucifer wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:26 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm Talked to my cousin's friend Sunday while my cousing was visiting for the Royal Rumble.

He told me from what he was able to hear the main objective of this movie is to show Kong off as someone who hold the same star power as Godzilla. Right now Godzilla is the star of the MV and their is several plans for him in the future.

Legendary wants to get the GA excited and to thinking Kong too could have several films and that his stroy doesn't have to end with him dying. As we all know Kong has never been in more than 2 connected films before.

The Axe and saving Godzilla are described as big moments as Legendary wants Kong to look cool and he thinks had theaters been open Kong would have gotten the big cheer and clap moments from viewers.

He believes Godzilla wins but hasn't heard for sure, he does say the way the fight plays out the way it was described to him is that when it looks like Kong is gaining the upper him we see a switch in Godzilla like he gets tired of Kong.

As far as the Netflix series his guess is that Toho will announce on November 3rd that Godzilla is back with Legendary (I told him this was Godzilla's birthday so that seemed like a good day to him) and Kong got the anime because if Singulair Point blows up you wouldn't want two Godzilla anime.

He also says he will be shocked if Kong doesn't get at least one movie after this.

Last thing he said from what he hears the Monsterverse team are major kaiju fans and joked about Gamera in the film with Kong say is he with you to Godzilla.

No serious plans for Gamera, just a joke and my cousin's friend called him the flying Turtle.
Is he anyone of note? Does he work at Legendary/WB? Anything that could lend his word any credibility?
He works as an assistant in LA and has a couple connection.

He big things were two weeks before Jurassic World came out him told me the ending of JW was a reverse of the ending of the orginal JP and told me that Hulk doesn't have a rematch with Thanos in Endgame.

He has also told me wrong rumors before as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 pm
Kaijucifer wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:26 pm

He works as an assistant in LA and has a couple connection.

He big things were two weeks before Jurassic World came out him told me the ending of JW was a reverse of the ending of the orginal JP and told me that Hulk doesn't have a rematch with Thanos in Endgame.

He has also told me wrong rumors before as well.
I hope he's right about this, then.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

yogi bareass
Samurai

Post by yogi bareass »

LockBite wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm It’ll be weird if they end the movie with Godzilla in a coma. I hope that detail is wrong.

I hope that's not true as well; That would be silly.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

That sounds fucking awesome. “I’m done with this shit”
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

I don't mind if Kong gets a share of the spotlight so long as he doesn't overshadow Godzilla.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:51 pm I don't mind if Kong gets a share of the spotlight so long as he doesn't overshadow Godzilla.
Same, it’s a vs crossover movie, both sides should get their share
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

It's smart if they go for the audience's "aaaaaw's" and hearts with the lovable and anthropomorphic Kong. It's a great move and it bodes well for future movies.
And it's smart if they keep Godzilla as the "wowww" unimpeachable king and appeal to the awe-inspiring cheers for him. Every character has their niche and the different facets they bring to the franchise.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

plasmabeam wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:49 pm It's smart if they go for the audience's "aaaaaw's" and hearts with the lovable and anthropomorphic Kong. It's a great move and it bodes well for future movies.
And it's smart if they keep Godzilla as the "wowww" unimpeachable king and appeal to the awe-inspiring cheers for him. Every character has their niche and the different facets they bring to the franchise.
I agree. It evens things out.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Do you think toho will renew the license?

I hope so

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Toho has indicated several times that they would like the Monsterverse to continue so it's really up to Legendary and WB.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Gotta say Hong Kong is a nice choice for the final battle. Place is covered in highrise buildings, the potential for glorious devastation is staggering.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:32 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm
That sounds skreeonking awesome. “I’m done with this poop”
Kong: *shoves fingers into Godzilla’s gills*
Godzilla: You know what?

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:36 pm Gotta say Hong Kong is a nice choice for the final battle. Place is covered in highrise buildings, the potential for glorious devastation is staggering.
I agree! But here's a question. Do you think the lighting looked better in Pacific Rim or in GvK? I know it's extremely early to tell and of course I am absolutely reserving my judgement, but from what we have seen so far I kind of think the Pacific Rim lighting looks a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQjmj7 ... Movieclips
https://youtu.be/PmaH69Y7PG0?t=129

The reason I say so is because I think in Pacific Rim the fog and overall atmosphere is a bit more dense, resulting in the lights to bounce around more and kind of tie everything together as well as bring out the sheer scale of those monsters. But they look very close in comparison. What do you guys all think?
Image Image

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

Not sure if this has been touched on — according to a VFX artist who worked on the film (Hong Kong battle sequence), Kong’s punch is effectively “supersonic” and apparently it was peer-reviewed.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

LockBite wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Scene continued

Kong: *shoves fingers in gills*

Godzilla: “harder daddy”

Kong: *conflicted feelings*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

steven wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:07 pm
Scene continued

Rodan watches indiscriminately on a nearby building while eating a box of pophumans
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:08 pm
steven wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:07 pm
Scene continued

Rodan watches indiscriminately on a nearby building while eating a box of pophumans
All the while I'm imitating Paul Reuben at the back of the cinema while watching this with the 20 people there social distancing.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

obZen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 pm Not sure if this has been touched on — according to a VFX artist who worked on the film (Hong Kong battle sequence), Kong’s punch is effectively “supersonic” and apparently it was peer-reviewed.
I recall the same exact thing being said about Godzilla's tail slap in 2014, experts said like due to his size and muscles Godzilla could swing his tail at super sonic speeds.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"