Could Ultraman ever be worked into the Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Re: Could Ultraman ever be worked into the Monsterverse?

Post by Ultra Zilla »

I would love to see Ultraman in the Monsterverse but they have to do it right and I would also love to explore the alien side of him like what Shin Ultraman may be doing (which i haven't seen yet but i will try and watch it soon)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think we’re more likely to see Disney do their own Ultraman.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:49 pm I think we’re more likely to see Disney do their own Ultraman.
Ehh, I think even that's pretty unlikely, considering Netflix is still making their own Ultraman film.

I don't think Ultraman fits into the MV at all TBH. There's stuff like Godzilla existing sure, but Ultramen are a WHOLE different subject matter, complete with it's own, super complex lore. Would an Ultraman appearance in the MonsterVerse mean that the MV is canon to the wider Ultraman multiverse? If so, does that mean the other Godzilla continuities are ALSO connected? Do Kaiju who die go to the Monster Graveyard? There's a lot of stuff to address, and I don't think the MonsterVerse could pull it off while juggling its own subject matter.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

The real question is whether or not Zone Fighter could fit into the MV.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The Ultras take a lot more to make right than just adapting King Kong or if they could, Gamera into the MV. I personally think Ultraman in general is a very Japanese character, so there's a lot of intricacies you would have to get right when it comes to the heroic positivity of the silver giants. I just wouldn't want to see a bare bones American Ultraman, and TsuPro has officially stated they're determined to make sure Ultraman stays true to the franchise's core.

But we are def going to see a Godzilla meet an Ultraman soon, in some other media, some other version.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:13 pm The Ultras take a lot more to make right than just adapting King Kong or if they could, Gamera into the MV. I personally think Ultraman in general is a very Japanese character, so there's a lot of intricacies you would have to get right when it comes to the heroic positivity of the silver giants. I just wouldn't want to see a bare bones American Ultraman, and TsuPro has officially stated they're determined to make sure Ultraman stays true to the franchise's core.

But we are def going to see a Godzilla meet an Ultraman soon, in some other media, some other version.
In what ways is Ultraman a Japanese character?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

That's like asking in what ways are Captain America or Superman American characters...
Last edited by Legion1979 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I mean, it's not like we don't have an entire trio (actually four, really) of Ultra heroes representing the good ole' USA. I could easily see ways to fit Ultras into the MV. Will it happen? I wouldn't put money on it. But it's not like we haven't seen Ultras from the US, and even other countries outside of Japan, before.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ultraman in the MV should just be him showing up in the final battle of the final film and then flying away without ever explaining who or what he was.

Like OG Ultraman saving Tiga lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

After taking photo of energy source to power up mechagodzilla, everything is possible.