Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by miguelnuva »

Dr. Professor wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Good lord, I need to watch that show.

Hey hey hey, I'd like to say that this "leak" says that Mothra is still in an egg. The Monarch Timeline debunked this before it was even a thing.
Technically it says a cocoon which could have been a previous Mothra.
Why would they hint at a different Mothra than what appears in the film? That makes no sense.
They hint is that they found where Mothra is located. If all Mothra went to a temple to cocoon and lay eggs then that is all the timeline is saying. I feel it's better than Mothra needing years to metamorph personally.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Moogabunga wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:So as of right now, I'm feeling like this:

Wyvern Ghidorah, is best Ghidorah, rock on.
Bunch kaiju bowing to Godzilla, utter cringe.

I mean, if both of these elements are infact true, and remain, this movie is probably going to be split down the middle. You'll either love it, or flat out hate it.
IF the bowing did turn out to be true, I honestly don't think it would be as cringy as some people are thinking :shrug:
Same. I don’t believe for one second they are bowing down like people would.

I think they are probably just showing submission to him like animals would.

If not though, then Godzilla help me.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Troyal1 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:So as of right now, I'm feeling like this:

Wyvern Ghidorah, is best Ghidorah, rock on.
Bunch kaiju bowing to Godzilla, utter cringe.

I mean, if both of these elements are infact true, and remain, this movie is probably going to be split down the middle. You'll either love it, or flat out hate it.
IF the bowing did turn out to be true, I honestly don't think it would be as cringy as some people are thinking :shrug:
Same. I don’t believe for one second they are bowing down like people would.

I think they are probably just showing submission to him like animals would.

If not though, then Godzilla help me.
Well, the dude's exact words are "The other Titans show up see Godzilla as the alpha Titan and literally bow to him." I know the word "literally" gets thrown around a lot, but this guy seems like he meant it.
miguelnuva wrote:They hint is that they found where Mothra is located. If all Mothra went to a temple to cocoon and lay eggs then that is all the timeline is saying. I feel it's better than Mothra needing years to metamorph personally.
If that's what the timeline was saying, it would've said that. It said they found a cocoon. They were hinting at one Mothra, not where all Mothras go to cocoon and lay their eggs. And why would they not include the already full grown Mothra anyway? Why go through the trouble of having a new Mothra be born only to get scared and then immediately go and make a cocoon? It just makes no sense.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla doesn't eat Ghidorah the leaker says he blasts Ghidorah completely away and it looks like both are gone. Ghidorah's head then comes out of rubble and it looks like he's won only for Godzilla to have the head in his mouth then he uses Atomic breath on it. He then chews what wasn't burnt away.
I don’t remember seeing this
This was supposedly what the OP said(guy on 4chan) after being questioned more about the scene. On Reddit someone typed that.

Also @ Dr Professor

Assuming this guy isn’t just a liar maybe he really misconstrued the bowing scene just as bad as he did Ghidorah being eaten? Maybe I’m completely delusional but surely it can’t be that bad can it?
Last edited by Troyal1 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I love the idea of Godzilla resting near the underwater ruins of a civilization that once worshiped him.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

To be honest with all the swearing the 4 chan leaker could be using be using literally wrong. He calls Vera Frimga Bitch the entire review.

Added in 4 minutes 24 seconds:
The big reason I want the 4chan leak to be true is how many new monsters will join the monsterverse.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

miguelnuva wrote:To be honest with all the swearing the 4 chan leaker could be using be using literally wrong. He calls Vera Frimga Bitch the entire review.
I don't see how swearing often correlates with using a word wrong. I mean yeah, he came off incredibly unprofessional (not that he needed to be professional about it anyway) but since they're monsters and not people, I feel like you wouldn't say "literally bow" if they weren't literally bowing. But Idk, I can't speak for this guy so I could be wrong.
miguelnuva wrote:The big reason I want the 4chan leak to be true is how many new monsters will join the monsterverse.
There will probably be new monsters anyway, since Dougherty himself said that he had to design more monsters than our initial four.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Not sure why people have an issue with Bowzilla. I mean bowing is a strong Japanese tradition so it links in nicely there.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:Not sure why people have an issue with Bowzilla. I mean bowing is a strong Japanese tradition so it links in nicely there.
Right, but these are monsters, not humans. The monsters aren't really anthropomorphisized in this universe so it would just feel out of place.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Now that we're in a spoiler thread.

Smaugdorah has ruined my fucking month. I did not wait nearly a decade to see Ghidorah on the big screen in CGI just to get another boring hollywood wyvern.

I'm about to jump ship from Hollywood monster movies entirely. Americans can't understand the concept of "unique designs" anymore. All they can do is copy/paste their previous shit a thousand times over.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Now that we're in a spoiler thread.

Smaugdorah has ruined my skreeonking month. I did not wait nearly a decade to see Ghidorah on the big screen in CGI just to get another boring hollywood wyvern.

I'm about to jump ship from Hollywood monster movies entirely. Americans can't understand the concept of "unique designs" anymore. All they can do is copy/paste their previous poop a thousand times over.
Another leak says that Ghidorah stands up to fight Godzilla and he looks like his showa counterpart.

Added in 57 seconds:
The bowing doesn't bother me either I need.to see it to see if it works.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Now that we're in a spoiler thread.

Smaugdorah has ruined my fucking month. I did not wait nearly a decade to see Ghidorah on the big screen in CGI just to get another boring hollywood wyvern.

I'm about to jump ship from Hollywood monster movies entirely. Americans can't understand the concept of "unique designs" anymore. All they can do is copy/paste their previous shit a thousand times over.
This is how I felt when they gave Godzilla such a reptilian body, and the face of a bear in the first film. Really wanted him to have a reptilian head design. Oh well. Least now there's hope for Rodan and Ghidorah (for me at least).
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Troyal1 wrote: Also @ Dr Professor

Assuming this guy isn’t just a liar maybe he really misconstrued the bowing scene just as bad as he did Ghidorah being eaten? Maybe I’m completely delusional but surely it can’t be that bad can it?
Early in the "leak" he states that Ghidorah can regenerate. Then later he says that Godzilla begins to eat Ghidorah alive, but then, his exact words, "Ghidorah is trying to come out from his mouth, but Godzilla uses atomic breath, killing him for good." This is just my opinion, but it sounds like he was saying Ghidorah straight up began to regenerate in Godzilla's body. He initially says that Godzilla eats him, and then uses his atomic breath to finish him off. I honestly think the things he says are so different from each other that there's no way he worded it wrong, and he's just lying.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Zen25
Ronin

Post by Zen25 »

Dr. Professor wrote: Early in the "leak" he states that Ghidorah can regenerate. Then later he says that Godzilla begins to eat Ghidorah alive, but then, his exact words, "Ghidorah is trying to come out from his mouth, but Godzilla uses atomic breath, killing him for good." This is just my opinion, but it sounds like he was saying Ghidorah straight up began to regenerate in Godzilla's body. He initially says that Godzilla eats him, and then uses his atomic breath to finish him off. I honestly think the things he says are so different from each other that there's no way he worded it wrong, and he's just lying.
Spoiler:
You're missing some info, because the OP of the leak clarified a bunch of stuff in the leak thread. Godzilla does something that seemingly kills Ghidorah, but then the audience is misled into thinking he survived when his head rises from some rubble. In actuality it's just his head/neck in Godzillas mouth, trying to regenerate, who then blast it to bits with atomic breath. That's when Godzilla eats what's left in his mouth.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Zen25 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Early in the "leak" he states that Ghidorah can regenerate. Then later he says that Godzilla begins to eat Ghidorah alive, but then, his exact words, "Ghidorah is trying to come out from his mouth, but Godzilla uses atomic breath, killing him for good." This is just my opinion, but it sounds like he was saying Ghidorah straight up began to regenerate in Godzilla's body. He initially says that Godzilla eats him, and then uses his atomic breath to finish him off. I honestly think the things he says are so different from each other that there's no way he worded it wrong, and he's just lying.
Spoiler:
You're missing some info, because the OP of the leak clarified a bunch of stuff in the leak thread. Godzilla does something that seemingly kills Ghidorah, but then the audience is misled into thinking he survived when his head rises from some rubble. In actuality it's just his head/neck in Godzillas mouth, trying to regenerate, who then blast it to bits with atomic breath. That's when Godzilla eats what's left in his mouth.
I actually do believe the leak, but what I think he’s saying is that the even those two descriptions while not necessarily contradictory, are still a bit far apart and confusing when compared with each other. It seems like it would have been incredibly easy to describe what you have you just said in your spoiler tag.

I am not trying to insult the leaker if he does in fact have integrity, but If it’s real he did a pretty bad job with his description imo. Perhaps English is not his first language?

Idk. I’m just trying to speculate and be fair to both sides really.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Troyal1 wrote:
Zen25 wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually do believe the leak, but what I think he’s saying is that the even those two descriptions while not necessarily contradictory, are still a bit far apart and confusing when compared with each other. It seems like it would have been incredibly easy to describe what you have you just said in your spoiler tag.
That's exactly what I was saying. And honestly, I'm not trying to say that there's no way this is real. I'm just nowhere near convinced, and I never will be convinced unless the actual movie proves me wrong.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Deleted.

My message got off topic and I think better suited for PM. Sorry.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Also deleted.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

According to the leaker we also ok get a remix of Akira's Godzilla theme with vocals.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

miguelnuva wrote:According to the leaker we also ok get a remix of Akira's Godzilla theme with vocals.
Well, now I know that leak is fake, as there's no way in hell there is a completed score of any kind this early. Unless it was temp music from another source, which is likely as that's the norm for films these days.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)