FINISH HIM! Fatality....

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

FINISH HIM! Fatality....

Post by BlankAccount »

Just a little topic on the trend I noticed the Monsterverse taking so far. Two movies in and so far they've ended with the star monster performing a MK style fatality on the enemy monster (Kiss of Death in G2014, Gutted in K:SI). Which makes sense from a film-making point, you wanna get the point across to the audience that yes the villain is dead, and Godzilla just setting another monster on fire or blowing it up has been done before as has King Kong's jawbreaker so it makes sense to try something new. But how long do you think this go on and how far should it go? What would be going too far?

I made this topic so we can talk about it. If the trend continues I can see King Ghidorah losing a head but the body being left mostly intact enough so his fate is open ended enough that if they wanna go with the Mecha-King Ghidorah story later down the line they can. As for Godzilla vs Kong, I can't imagine fans of either being happy if they were torn or blown apart instead of just being killed (ironic since we saw Godzilla melt in the 90's) so if either one dies they'd probably have it done in what would be seen as more tasteful and respectful, so unless there's a third monster that audiences can cheer against, not for, no fatalities in that film.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: FINISH HIM! Fatality....

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Godzilla doesn;t have a lot left he can do in terms of fatalities. maybe a momentum gutting via spines, but that's about it. I see ghidorah's defeat being a lot less, for lack of a better word, interesting than both of the Mutos.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I want Ghidorah to flee the battlefield in one piece.

I don't want either monster in Godzilla vs Kong to die and seriously doubt either of them will.

The coup de grace in KoM will probably be something like the ending of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, where Ghidorah attempts to Seismic Toss Godzilla from orbit only for Goji to blast him point blank before he lets go, then Ghidorah goes careening off into space while Godzilla crashes roughly to the ocean. There's a moment where it seems like Godzilla might not have made it, then he breaks the surface and roars in triumph. Then after the credits we get a shot of Ghidorah drifting through the inky void between the stars, only to spring back to consciousness just before the film ends.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Ivo-goji wrote:I want Ghidorah to flee the battlefield in one piece.

I don't want either monster in Godzilla vs Kong to die and seriously doubt either of them will.

The coup de grace in KoM will probably be something like the ending of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, where Ghidorah attempts to Seismic Toss Godzilla from orbit only for Goji to blast him point blank before he lets go, then Ghidorah goes careening off into space while Godzilla crashes roughly to the ocean. There's a moment where it seems like Godzilla might not have made it, then he breaks the surface and roars in triumph. Then after the credits we get a shot of Ghidorah drifting through the inky void between the stars, only to spring back to consciousness just before the film ends.
That ending sounds bloody awesome :)

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

I'd like to see Godzilla destroy Ghidorah's middle head just like the Heisei series.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Have Serizawa give his energy to Godzilla by channeling it through a maser drill, then have Godzilla throw Ghidorah into the air, spin 360 degrees while his spines go from blue to red, then blast Ghidorah's body into space where it explodes.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I want to see Godzilla curbstomp King Ghidorah like in DESTROY ALL MONSTERS.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I want to see Godzilla curbstomp King Ghidorah like in DESTROY ALL MONSTERS.
That's more of a Brutality. Fatality would have been way faster.

Poor Ghidorah. :cry:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That is true, But, it's still dope.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

I´d like to see G using his claws and spines to cut Ghidorah, atomis ray a hole in his body, rip off Ghidorah´s wings, so he can´t flee, jawbreaker to one head, rip off the second, curbstomp the third...Let Monarch build a sarcophagus around his remains...

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

KotM311 wrote:I´d like to see G using his claws and spines to cut Ghidorah, atomis ray a hole in his body, rip off Ghidorah´s wings, so he can´t flee, jawbreaker to one head, rip off the second, curbstomp the third...Let Monarch build a sarcophagus around his remains...
Godzilla using Kong's move would suck. I did like the idea of him turning backwards as Ghidorah fly-rushes him only to be impaled by Godzilla's spikes. Godzilla then leans over (spins himself around) making Ghidorah fall over his shoulder and Godzilla fires off an atomic breath to his face.
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Yeaaah no. Ghidorah’s death should be like the Mutos and Skull Devil: Brutal, but quick and to the point. Not something overdone death just for the sake of being graphic.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
KotM311 wrote:I´d like to see G using his claws and spines to cut Ghidorah, atomis ray a hole in his body, rip off Ghidorah´s wings, so he can´t flee, jawbreaker to one head, rip off the second, curbstomp the third...Let Monarch build a sarcophagus around his remains...
Godzilla using Kong's move would suck. I did like the idea of him turning backwards as Ghidorah fly-rushes him only to be impaled by Godzilla's spikes. Godzilla then leans over (spins himself around) making Ghidorah fall over his shoulder and Godzilla fires off an atomic breath to his face.
Also nice, but I think it would be a nice hint to GvK letting G break one head of KG with a jawbreaker

Added in 7 minutes 24 seconds:
Tyrant28 wrote:Yeaaah no. Ghidorah’s death should be like the Mutos and Skull Devil: Brutal, but quick and to the point. Not something overdone death just for the sake of being graphic.

Mmmmh for the third time in a row wouldn´t be overdone?
Ghidorah deserves a special beating, he wouldn´t die in my version, monarch builds a sarcophagus around him like it was done in Tschernobyl and could either work on a Monsterverse MKG or something new with genetic manipulation to rebuild his lost bodyparts but it grows all out of control :evil: :o :lol:
Last edited by KotM311 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Tyrant28 wrote:Yeaaah no. Ghidorah’s death should be like the Mutos and Skull Devil: Brutal, but quick and to the point. Not something overdone death just for the sake of being graphic.
I don't want to see a jawbreaker because it doesn't fit Godzilla. But what I'd like to see is Ghidorah still fighting with only 2 necks or 1 neck, and it isn't until somehow Ghidorah's knees get busted and Godzilla stomps on Ghidorah's neck leaving Ghidorah's legs and wings squirming as an atomic breath is fired off into his head and the squirming stops. That would be badass.
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If Legendary Godzilla is going to have Bronto feet, he may as well use them to stomp something. While I think it might be best to observe tradition and have Ghidorah escape into space at the end of the movie, I'd like to see Godzilla step on one of his heads and crush it like a melon before he goes.

Alternatively, Godzilla rarely gets to do anything memorable with his teeth, which is unfortunate for a therapod-based monster. Having him rip out one of Ghidorah's throats or break one of his necks with a good bite would be cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Assuming Gamera shows up in the Monsterverse (a very VERY big if), he should kill Gyaos by chomping at her head and crushing it completely as she is preparing to fire her supersonic mouth laser.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The fatality in Godzilla Aftershock. Phew, I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet but I actually think it tops the Kiss of Death and it shows Godzilla can really think on his feet.
Spoiler:
Using his own injury against MUTO Prime was pretty clever. Also makes one wonder why Burning Godzilla didn't just turn around when his plates melted in Godzilla vs Destroyer.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Living Corpse wrote:
Spoiler:
Using his own injury against MUTO Prime was pretty clever. Also makes one wonder why Burning Godzilla didn't just turn around when his plates melted in Godzilla vs Destroyer.
cause that movie was sloppily made :P
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

KOTM has the most epic fatality yet y'all find out soon
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Tue May 28, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>still no kaiju who can use ZA WARUDO
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?