MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Pkmatrix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:29 amNope.

Even in the movie, they explain that both Mark and Emma had been members of Monarch who just happened to be in San Francisco with their kids when the Godzilla v. Mutos battle happened. Mark quit Monarch and ended up separating from Emma over their son's death, while Emma doubled her investment with Monarch restarting the Orca project which the two had decided to abandon prior to 2014. Thomas Middleditch's character several times references how he joined Monarch after Mark had left, how Castle Bravo was new to Mark because it had been incomplete/secret back when he was still part of the organization, etc. That's also the core of Mark's issue with Serizawa, because he saw Serizawa as making excuses for the monster that killed his son and a big part of why he quit.
Gotcha then, apparently I never noticed that or paid any attention to those scenes where that was mentioned.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The King Ghidorah we saw in 2019 may not be the only member of its species out there in the galaxy/universe...
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:40 am The King Ghidorah we saw in 2019 may not be the only member of its species out there in the galaxy/universe...
I think that's a given since space is so skreeonking massive.

Leads up to the possibility of ideas of different species of Ghidorah's like Desghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:53 am
SonOfGorgo wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:40 am The King Ghidorah we saw in 2019 may not be the only member of its species out there in the galaxy/universe...
I think that's a given since space is so skreeonking massive.

Leads up to the possibility of ideas of different species of Ghidorah's like Desghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah.
The novel itself hinted at that. Grand King Ghidorah would also be easy to make as they don't have to pay additional rights as Grand is a fan nickname.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

The net(s) used to carry Kong to Antarctica, as well as the net(s) used to harness Na Kika use the same technology that is derived from Mothra’s silk.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Scylla has, or once had, a symbiotic connection with a fellow titan named Charybdis

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I kind of don't know if I want another Ghidorah being introduced, I'm actually pretty happy with KG being the last member of his species. Its a great parallel to Godzilla and makes all the Toho monsters feel as special as they should

I mean its Ghidorah he should be special, I'd love to see the other space monsters used like Gigan

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

My head cannon is that the huge skull in the Kong's throne room is Super Godzilla

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

imposterzilla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm My head cannon is that the huge skull in the Kong's throne room is Super Godzilla
Wherever this timeline is it is the best timeline save for that being Bagan
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ROMG4 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:17 am I kind of don't know if I want another Ghidorah being introduced, I'm actually pretty happy with KG being the last member of his species. Its a great parallel to Godzilla and makes all the Toho monsters feel as special as they should

I mean its Ghidorah he should be special, I'd love to see the other space monsters used like Gigan
We've seen 2-3 Godzillas 8n the MV.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:52 pm
ROMG4 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:17 am I kind of don't know if I want another Ghidorah being introduced, I'm actually pretty happy with KG being the last member of his species. Its a great parallel to Godzilla and makes all the Toho monsters feel as special as they should

We've seen 2-3 Godzillas 8n the MV.
3 godzillas (Godzilla, dagon/adam, and the siberian corpse) but Godzilla himself is the last.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Are Dagon and Adam the same? Thought Dagon's body was in Japan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:09 am Are Dagon and Adam the same? Thought Dagon's body was in Japan.
Nope. Dagon is adam, the phillipine skeleton that was parasitized by the MUTO spores.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The MUTOs from 2014 and Prime are actually mutations caused by the same "star" that gave Godzilla his powers. The pure, natural MUTOs look more like Barb.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:09 am Are Dagon and Adam the same? Thought Dagon's body was in Japan.
It was confirm in the comics that they are the same, Dagon woke up and went to Phillipine then later died

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

If you listen close the roar that Godzilla made when he had Kong pinned down is very similar to the one he made initially after climbing onto the boat, and the same one he made when confronting the female MUTO back in 2014, with a much shorter version in the airport scene. If you pay close attention in 2014, the female MUTO clearly charged first; and it's not without reason to suppose the male might have done the same thing at the airport.

Could be that this particular roar roughly translates to a call of stand down, announcing themselves as the alpha titan. If the addressed does stand down or doesn't pose any further threat, Godzilla will spare them unless he has to. This is why we see another muto in Barb whom Godzilla does not seem to have any particular problem with existing. Kong didn't necessarily back down when addressed after getting pinned down, but he has stopped fighting back and wasn't in any condition to continue, hence why Godzilla let him off the hook since he never was the focus to begin with. It's the same reason Godzilla left without issue when Kong complied and out down the axe.

It's actually a pretty merciful side and in a way does vindicate he is worthy of being the alpha titan. It takes a strong leader to moderate, but it also takes an even stronger leader to know when to de-escalate as well as escalate.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

A theory of mine would be that a member of Methuselah (presumably a parent, sibling, or cousin) carried many humans and animals alike on him during a great flood, an ark.

His designation, Titanus Noah, specifically Titanus Methuselah Noah

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

More of a Doyalist theory, but I think the plot of GvsK was inspired by C. L. Werner's Godzilla fanfic Scourge of the Supersaurs.

Aside from surface details that might show up in any kaiju movie, there are a couple of plot points that map unto the fanfic uncannily closely:

The main villain who provokes all of the action in Scourge, John Latos, is also a corrupt corporate executive who controls an impossibly powerful industrial organization that develops giant robot super weapons, just like Walter and Apex Cybernetics (although unlike Walter, Latos is far from overconfident and evades being targeted by the kaiju himself, and additionally is implied to be Dracula).

The fic revolves around kaiju appearing and attacking MARS facilities around the world one by one as the human protagonists race to find out why, just like the Godzilla/Madison half of the plot in GvsK.

MARS makes various efforts to stop the kaiju, one attempt ending in the death of Latos' over ambitious and incompetent son, just like Apex's plan to harvest the Hollow Earth energy to complete Mechagodzilla ends up killing Walter's daughter.

There is an ideological tension between members of G-Force and MARS over how the kaiju should be dealt with as both parties struggle to defend themselves from the attacks, studying them vs killing them and so forth, just like the rivalry between Monarch and Apex in GvsK.

One of Latos's henchmen is a Japanese man who controls a giant robot remotely by hooking up his brain to a neural interface machine much like Ren Serizawa does with Mechagodzilla, and like Ren he apparently dies from electrical feedback when he loses control of it (but is shown to be not quite dead in the epilogue and has seemingly gained technopathy powers, as is also implied to happened to Ren in the GvsK novelization).

It's stands out a lot because past Godzilla movies never use evil mega corporations to explain where the giant robots come from, it's always SHIELDesque government sponsored military agencies or aliens. Apex literally came out of nowhere, as if they were pulled from a different story.

If it's true it makes me kind of salty because it would mean Legendary passed up giving us a Godzilla vs Dracula movie.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Desghidorah wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:31 pm If you listen close the roar that Godzilla made when he had Kong pinned down is very similar to the one he made initially after climbing onto the boat, and the same one he made when confronting the female MUTO back in 2014, with a much shorter version in the airport scene. If you pay close attention in 2014, the female MUTO clearly charged first; and it's not without reason to suppose the male might have done the same thing at the airport.

Could be that this particular roar roughly translates to a call of stand down, announcing themselves as the alpha titan. If the addressed does stand down or doesn't pose any further threat, Godzilla will spare them unless he has to. This is why we see another muto in Barb whom Godzilla does not seem to have any particular problem with existing. Kong didn't necessarily back down when addressed after getting pinned down, but he has stopped fighting back and wasn't in any condition to continue, hence why Godzilla let him off the hook since he never was the focus to begin with. It's the same reason Godzilla left without issue when Kong complied and out down the axe.

It's actually a pretty merciful side and in a way does vindicate he is worthy of being the alpha titan. It takes a strong leader to moderate, but it also takes an even stronger leader to know when to de-escalate as well as escalate.
Knowing how Godzilla and the Muto acted I doubt they had a chance to stand down. Godzilla himself also didn't seem to even think he was an Alpha before KOTM.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The reason Godzilla is so violent in the Tasman Sea scene is he was simply following Mechagodzilla's signal with no clue what it was, just it was a rival Alpha the humans were "protecting" and "helping" to overthrow him.

He sensed the fleet and Kong and assumed Kong was the rival Alpha, and so went forward with extreme prejudice to kill the rival and the humans who betrayed him.

This is also why he's just kind of swimming around doing nothing until Mechagodzilla starts signaling and he turns back around: he thought he'd won.

RIP Evan.