MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by Thatguy4683 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:52 pm The radiation in the Hollow Earth and the Titans convert our into is Mana which is why it heals the Earth.
I like this it make sense for this universe

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Ren Serizawa is an alias for Ben Schwartzberg who thought Serizawa was a cool last name and also Ren and Stimpy is neat.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Titanus Giganteus is, ironically, the smallest Titan in existence.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

- In Godzilla (2014) Monarch has been developing advanced technology for many years already. At the least they have workable blueprints and designs for much of advanced weaponry that we see by KotM, and it gets funded/fast tracked after the MUTOs awaken. The reason it feels like a huge leap is because we are largely watching Godzilla (2014) through the Brody's point of view.

- The Hollow Earth portals are not retconned in GvK and not every one leads directly to the Hollow Earth. The submarine in KotM is able to withstand the forces due to being designed to handle the pressures of the ocean depths.

- Godzilla was not attempting to drown Kong in their first fight. There was a HE portal in the trench that he was going to forcibly bring Kong back into.

- Godzilla's HE breath was amplified by passing through a portal.

- Nathan's brother is alive in the HE, living with a branch of the Iwi and Kong's relatives.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spydrmanjr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:10 pm - In Godzilla (2014) Monarch has been developing advanced technology for many years already. At the least they have workable blueprints and designs for much of advanced weaponry that we see by KotM, and it gets funded/fast tracked after the MUTOs awaken. The reason it feels like a huge leap is because we are largely watching Godzilla (2014) through the Brody's point of view.
That's honestly a given since titans had been at least known since the 40s.

There's a reason we advanced so quickly after the first two World Wars and Space Race.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm That's honestly a given since titans had been at least known since the 40s.

There's a reason we advanced so quickly after the first two World Wars and Space Race.
You would hope that is a given but I keep reading so many posts here and elsewhere stating how ridiculous the technology leap is between 2014 and KotM because "this is the first time the world is seeing giant monsters." Sure, the world as a whole, but the select group at Monarch have known for decades.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spydrmanjr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:24 pmYou would hope that is a given but I keep reading so many posts here and elsewhere stating how ridiculous the technology leap is between 2014 and KotM because "this is the first time the world is seeing giant monsters." Sure, the world as a whole, but the select group at Monarch have known for decades.
If you're talking about the flying fortress seen in KotM, that always could have been around for a while prior to G14, it just hasn't been used or shown as often and if it were seen was dismissed as a UFO sighting. The same could be said for any other technologies used.

You underestimate how crazy prepared humanity will get pooling out their resources to a world-changing event especially to the public. It took creating 10 years to create Mechagodzilla notably. Also who knows what kind of advanced tech governments in real life are hiding that they've yet revealed to the public. If this actually happened in 2014 in real life, I'm fairly certain the same would have happened here.

Added in 9 minutes 31 seconds:
The reason APEX managed to develop Mechagodzilla in just in the span of 10 years was due to using Dagon's skeleton as a base similar to how the bones of the 1954 Godzilla was for Kiryu.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I don't disagree with you, hence why it is also my headcanon. I am very much disagreeing with those who think the technological leaps are unrealistic.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spydrmanjr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:43 pm I don't disagree with you, hence why it is also my headcanon. I am very much disagreeing with those who think the technological leaps are unrealistic.
Ah my bad, I misunderstood your post there.

Added in 7 minutes 4 seconds:
Also the Kong that drove Godzilla away from Skull Island as seen in Dominion was Kong's father.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:52 pm
Spydrmanjr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:43 pm I don't disagree with you, hence why it is also my headcanon. I am very much disagreeing with those who think the technological leaps are unrealistic.
Ah my bad, I misunderstood your post there.

Added in 7 minutes 4 seconds:
Also the Kong that drove Godzilla away from Skull Island as seen in Dominion was Kong's father.
Try Kong's uncle or Grandfather. Kong's parents were similar to his Skull Island height. Even with the weaker 2014 Godzilla it might be a stretch unless Godzilla simply didn't want to fight.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:11 pmTry Kong's uncle or Grandfather. Kong's parents were similar to his Skull Island height. Even with the weaker 2014 Godzilla it might be a stretch unless Godzilla simply didn't want to fight.
Grandfather it is then.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Granpappy kong vs Godzilla Jr. It is then

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

My theory is that the two Ghidorah skulls are not Kevin. Jonah knew about the MUTOS and Prime, so someone must have fed him information. The information on KG had to come from somewhere, so perhaps Jonah when, according to Monarch, was in Pakistan, he was securing a skull? Maybe since he has Kevin he doesn't need them anymore. That and we don't know what else was at the original containment site.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Jonah somehow knew that Ghidorah would take over Mechagodzilla making the new mech body go rogue, so that's why he sold, skulls?, to Apex. Also maybe he's a Xiliean.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Another one; I guess I could always pretend that Gamera Teaser for his 50th that came out in 2016 is canon to the Monsterverse. Considering we may not get him or other kaiju in this series in the future, here's how my headcanon inclusion of that teaser would fit in:
After the Gyaos swarm attacked Tokyo, the whole incident was covered up. Helpful if the Gyaos ate most all eye witnesses. The event chalked up to an earthquake, explosion or eruption. No one else saw Gamera arrive and incinerate the Gyaos as a stay inside and find shelter order had been, ordered. Gamera then left as quickly as he arrived, either to some home in the Artic Ocean or space. When Gamera comes back "10 years later", that occurs either a year(s) before or after KOTM (Doesn't really matter, though I suppose after makes more sense since Titans were all about and free after that film). He again defeats his enemy (the bubble irys-muto thing) swiftly enough to quickly again swiftly depart with not many witnessing him, specifically news or government organizations. This time people are more aware though that kaiju were involved in the second incident involving the secretive, undiscovered Gamera. His return(If before 2019), along with the appearance of the MUTO Prime and -Insert any other smaller 100 foot (and so thus less noteworthy) Toho character here-(Angurius?, Titanosaurus?, Varan?, nothing too startling as they are kind of just big dinosaurs and puny compared to true titans like Behemoth and Methuselah) prompted the senate meeting with Monarch at the begining of KOTM.
With Gamera as part of this universe, I'd have some of the KOTM 17 Titans be partly magic and/or artificial like him and the Gyaos, able to interact with the as of yet undiscovered etherial energy known as mana. Those titans would be, Orochi (created by Atlanteans using Ghidorah's DNA from a severed head that Alan Joanh much later on sold to Apex), Tiamat(female Zedus) & Sekmet (King Caesar).

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If the Gamera reboot headcanoned into the MV I'd say Gamera appears shortly after Godzilla and Prime fight as Godzilla is too injured/tired to interfere with Gyaos or attack Gamera.

10 years later could be shortly before or after Godzilla vs Kong.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:44 pm If the Gamera reboot headcanoned into the MV I'd say Gamera appears shortly after Godzilla and Prime fight as Godzilla is too injured/tired to interfere with Gyaos or attack Gamera.

10 years later could be shortly before or after Godzilla vs Kong.
That's rather good to be honest. Makes his first appearance a little less jarringly under wraps than what I was proposing. :JetJaguar:

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Spydrmanjr wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:24 pmYou would hope that is a given but I keep reading so many posts here and elsewhere stating how ridiculous the technology leap is between 2014 and KotM because "this is the first time the world is seeing giant monsters." Sure, the world as a whole, but the select group at Monarch have known for decades.
If you're talking about the flying fortress seen in KotM, that always could have been around for a while prior to G14, it just hasn't been used or shown as often and if it were seen was dismissed as a UFO sighting. The same could be said for any other technologies used.

You underestimate how crazy prepared humanity will get pooling out their resources to a world-changing event especially to the public. It took creating 10 years to create Mechagodzilla notably. Also who knows what kind of advanced tech governments in real life are hiding that they've yet revealed to the public. If this actually happened in 2014 in real life, I'm fairly certain the same would have happened here.

Added in 9 minutes 31 seconds:
The reason APEX managed to develop Mechagodzilla in just in the span of 10 years was due to using Dagon's skeleton as a base similar to how the bones of the 1954 Godzilla was for Kiryu.
Oh, definitely agree that most of the cool super-tech seen in KOTM was probably already in the works when the events of 2014 started:

- There's nothing particularly outlandish about the Argo, it's just a REALLY BIG stealth jet. That could very well have been in development since the 1990s and KOTM was just the first we got to see it. Heck, I can easily believe its development originally had nothing to do with Monarch or the Titans and considering its role as a stealth airborne mobile command center the U.S. military may very well have MULTIPLE Argos in this universe.

- While Castle Bravo is new in KOTM, such a large complex was probably already planned and construction already started by the events of 2014. It just wasn't operational until some time in between 2014 and 2019.

- The novelization of KOTM makes clear that the ORCA had been under development for over a decade by the events of KOTM, with Mark and Emma first working on it in the early 2000s and the first prototype being tested in 2005.

- The Oxygen Destroyer is probably the only major tech advance between 2014 and 2019 that was apparently only started after the events of the first movie, but even then it's not that hard to believe considering it was treated as a prototype brand-new experimental weapon.

And even the more significant tech advances that happened between KOTM and GvK can be read as having been longer in the works, from Simmons' comment suggesting Mechagodzilla had been in development for a decade to the HEAVs being cutting-edge prototypes derived from APEX's research into the Hollow Earth tubes which may very well have pre-dated KOTM (unless the novelization gives more detail that I haven't gotten to, it's not really specified when or how Apex found the Hollow Earth tunnels or how they converted them into their transportation network).
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Pkmatrix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 amwith Mark and Emma first working on it in the early 2000s and the first prototype being tested in 2005.
Unless I'm missing something, I thought pre-2014 they were simply normal civilians supposedly on a trip whose lives changed as the result of the events of 2014 as seen in the beginning of KotM and took it that ORCA was first developed sometime set between the five years of G14 and KotM?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 am
Pkmatrix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 amwith Mark and Emma first working on it in the early 2000s and the first prototype being tested in 2005.
Unless I'm missing something, I thought pre-2014 they were simply normal civilizations supposedly on a trip whose lives changed as the result of the events of 2014 as seen in the beginning of KotM and took it that ORCA was first developed sometime set between the five years of G14 and KotM?
Nope.

Even in the movie, they explain that both Mark and Emma had been members of Monarch who just happened to be in San Francisco with their kids when the Godzilla v. Mutos battle happened. Mark quit Monarch and ended up separating from Emma over their son's death, while Emma doubled her investment with Monarch restarting the Orca project which the two had decided to abandon prior to 2014. Thomas Middleditch's character several times references how he joined Monarch after Mark had left, how Castle Bravo was new to Mark because it had been incomplete/secret back when he was still part of the organization, etc. That's also the core of Mark's issue with Serizawa, because he saw Serizawa as making excuses for the monster that killed his son and a big part of why he quit.