Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by ernesth100 »

If Gamera gets in the MV who do you think his energy will take after? Mystical like Mothra or atomic like Goji?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm If Gamera gets in the MV who do you think his energy will take after? Mystical like Mothra or atomic like Goji?
Personally I think the HE energy is Mana so like Godzilla. I can see Gamera being a rip off of Godzilla IRL being used in the MV. Gamera could have been created incase Godzilla ever feel or turned against who ever created Gamera.

Maybe Gamera and Gyaos were orginally created to help Godzilla but Gyaos went rogue and Gamera was two focused on being Godzilla 2.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:16 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:20 am
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 pmPacific Rim border line flopped and the other two had smaller budgets with more believable characters.
XxComablack1937xX wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 amPacific Rim struggled.
How is it then that it got a sequel? Granted which sucked.
PR2 was made becasue they wanted to get it into the MV for my understanding.
Nah, Legendary had interest in it and tried to expand it (it also helped Uprising had John Boyega's production company carrying 80% of it's costs) but it was never supposed to be Monsterverse.

Added in 52 seconds:
If we do add Gamera (unlikely but idk at this point), make him a smaller scale character and only bring him in for random crossovers.

RIP Evan.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So Gamera would basically be what Ant-Man is to the MCU? Not a heavy hitter, but definitely a key player in crossover events. I wouldn't mind, but I'd want Gamera to at least seem to Godzilla and Kong as Thor is to Cap and Iron Man.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Honestly, I used to want a MV Gamera, but I'd rather have no Gamera, than one where Legendary takes from the playbook you want them to run with.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I am cool either way...part of me just wants a super-awesome Gamera Stand Alone Reboot(from US or Japan) just to be something fresh, different, and separate...than to just simply lump him into the "working formula" so to speak.

Because if Gamera does come in to the MV(Which I would still be all in favor of seeing)....I do feel like, between Kong being established and Toho probably having requests and stipulations on Godzilla....Gamera would possibly end up with the short end of the stick. Brought in for publicity, but sort of always left seeming like second fiddle. It would be a shame.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Chrispy_G wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 am between Kong being established and Toho probably having requests and stipulations on Godzilla....Gamera would possibly end up with the short end of the stick. Brought in for publicity, but sort of always left seeming like second fiddle. It would be a shame.
Thank you! This is what i've been trying to say, Gamera showing up this late in the game would just leave him stuck being along for the ride and have him just be another monster in the crowd. He deserves way better than that!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well i might as well put this here too because i need to spread the news!
https://mobile.twitter.com/hg95_info/st ... 7412667397

TL;DR version: POSSIBLE SIGNS OF GAMERA RETURNING.. and no signs of him being considered for the MonsterVerse while doing so. It specifies a "Reiwa Gamera" so i'm assuming if this happens (PLEASE HAPPEN) it'll be a Japanese reboot, not American.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm Well i might as well put this here too because i need to spread the news!

TL;DR version: POSSIBLE SIGNS OF GAMERA RETURNING.. and no signs of him being considered for the MonsterVerse while doing so. It specifies a "Reiwa Gamera" so i'm assuming if this happens (PLEASE HAPPEN) it'll be a Japanese reboot, not American.
Who cares! I want Gamera to return in any form possible! Please! Please be true!

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:25 pm Well i might as well put this here too because i need to spread the news!

The article specifically mentions Kaneko and uses images of the Gamera trilogy. I think they just are referring to some rerelease or something like that because if you check the dates on those posters, it gives a date of 4/11. So yeah no signs of any future yet
Long Live The King

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Hokmuto wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:40 pm

The article specifically mentions Kaneko and uses images of the Gamera trilogy. I think they just are referring to some rerelease or something like that because if you check the dates on those posters, it gives a date of 4/11. So yeah no signs of any future yet
I dunno.. i find the specific mentions of a "Reiwa era entry kinda says to me this might be a possible lead up to something. Besides, kaiju are more popular than ever now, might as well strike while the iron is hot!

And it doesn't sound like a re-release is happening anytime soon from what i searched up. Of course, nothing's confirmed but.. still!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:27 am
Chrispy_G wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 am between Kong being established and Toho probably having requests and stipulations on Godzilla....Gamera would possibly end up with the short end of the stick. Brought in for publicity, but sort of always left seeming like second fiddle. It would be a shame.
Thank you! This is what i've been trying to say, Gamera showing up this late in the game would just leave him stuck being along for the ride and have him just be another monster in the crowd. He deserves way better than that!
There will never be nothing bigger or better for Gamera then sharing the big screen with Godzilla and Kong.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:43 pm
There will never be nothing bigger or better for Gamers then sharing the big screen with Godzilla and Kong.
Not really. I mean, would it be bigger and better for him in the "going mainstream" way, true. But "better" in a quality sense? Nope, not at all.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:14 pm

There will never be nothing bigger or better for Gamers then sharing the big screen with Godzilla and Kong.
Not really. I mean, would it be bigger and better for him in the "going mainstream" way, true. But "better" in a quality sense? Nope, not at all.
At some point quality of film will only go so far and a character needs something to hold on to.

As good as the Heisei Gamera films are the one everyone would remember for all time would be if he appeared with Godzilla and Kong.

It would be cool here in Japan it would be Legendary.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Boutta drop the big question. Gamera in the MV or Anguirus?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ernesth100 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 am Boutta drop the big question. Gamera in the MV or Anguirus?
Anguirus deserves the MV makeover more.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:39 am

At some point quality of film will only go so far and a character needs something to hold on to.

As good as the Heisei Gamera films are the one everyone would remember for all time would be if he appeared with Godzilla and Kong.

And we should care about that why? I'd rather have a really good Gamera movie than some "meh" version appearing in a not so hot crossover. Who cares if everyone remembers it? All Gamera needs it good films that make enough money to make more good films. That's it really. What does needing "something to hold on to" even mean? That the end is inevitable save through the miracle of a crossover?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ernesth100 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 am Boutta drop the big question. Gamera in the MV or Anguirus?
Both! If one were to appear sooner, however, absolutely Gamera. As much as I love Angweenus, he's got a stellar showing so far in the S.P anime, and had a little skeleton Easter egg of sorts in GKOTM. Meanwhile, Gamera's been stuck in purgatory for the last decade and a half without some sort of movie appearance. It'd be a dream to see him finally tango with Godzilla, or even interact with Kong.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 am

And we should care about that why? I'd rather have a really good Gamera movie than some "meh" version appearing in a not so hot crossover. Who cares if everyone remembers it? All Gamera needs it good films that make enough money to make more good films. That's it really. What does needing "something to hold on to" even mean? That the end is inevitable save through the miracle of a crossover?
The 3 best Godzilla films argubly are Gojira, Shin Godzilla and GMK. Had Godzilla only had those 3 films that would be 3 super strong entries.

As the same time I would hate not having the MV and even the weaker films like Gigan or the bigger ones like Mothra vs Godzilla and the two Ghidorah films in the 60's.

Gamera is a big enough character that yeah I want him to have that event film even if it's not as good as something like the Heisei trilogy.

Gamera crossing with Godzilla and Kong wouldn't be a movie that just sucked anyway so I'd take a spectacle event film for Gamera this time.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:30 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 am

The 3 best Godzilla films argubly are Gojira, Shin Godzilla and GMK. Had Godzilla only had those 3 films that would be 3 super strong entries.
Definitely arguable - as nice as GMK is I'd put the 84 film way above it. I'd also put vs Destroyah and the Against Mechagodzilla/Tokyo SOS on GMK's level. Also while not my favorite personally a lot of people would rank Biollante pretty high up there. GMK is more of the top tier of the middle class Godzilla movies.
As the same time I would hate not having the MV and even the weaker films like Gigan or the bigger ones like Mothra vs Godzilla and the two Ghidorah films in the 60's.

Gamera is a big enough character that yeah I want him to have that event film even if it's not as good as something like the Heisei trilogy.

Gamera crossing with Godzilla and Kong wouldn't be a movie that just sucked anyway so I'd take a spectacle event film for Gamera this time.
I like the MV and Gigan and all those other films as well - but what I'm saying is we don't have to go that route to get Gamera content - it's not MV crossover or bust, it's not settling for something, they could just make a really great, really stand out Gamera solo feature first whether in the MV or not. Why is a solo film so darned impossible or not preferable right now? Gamera has done well enough to be profitable, even if only ever modestly, by himself before - so why not again? I'd rather have a great film of moderate success, than a moderate film of great success. Why can't we just take a mildly profitable but satisfying film again? Why does it need to be an "event"?
Last edited by Vakanai on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.