Possibilities post-G14 (outside Legendary Franchise)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: More Jappaneese movies after u.s. reboot?

Post by Rody »

True. :-)

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Legion1979 wrote:Which makes me wonder how anyone realistically thinks Toho, Tsuburaya and Kadokawa are all going to agree to license their character to appear in this Kaiju Combat game together.
Because when the companies realize that their fans really really really really really really really REEEEAAAALLLY want this, they'll happily join hands, forget that they're competitors, sing Kumbaya, and allow the game to have EVERY KAIJU EVER! :)

Honestly, weren't they talking about having original Kaiju for the game? That would be much more interesting, imo.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

The Ultraman films usually do well. The problem is that I hear time tables for production being brought up again and again. You know Thor 2 only has six weeks of filming? In Japan they usually take at least two months or at most 3. Godzilla vs Biollante was made in less than 6 months. The fact is that the Japanese are usually good with time limits, better so than American Film makers. The Gamera trilogy had short film production times as well with small budgets. America is the only country in the world that can afford such huge budgets, so trying to make a huge budget film by another country's production companies is a pipe dream.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

No. Just no. That's not how this stuff works.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Tyler wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Honestly, weren't they talking about having original Kaiju for the game? That would be much more interesting, imo.
Original monsters are going to appear first but if they game really takes off they'll go after movie characters. And it's not like they're going to all appear in the same game, you have normal Kaiju Combat, KC: Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, etc.
I'm just tired of having the same old monsters in a fighting game. I'm just looking forward to the original ones. However, I admit having an Ultraman fighting game with a gigantic roster would be pretty kickass. I'm not a big Ultraman fan, but I like the crazy-ass monsters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

zombieheadache
Ronin

Post by zombieheadache »

Hopefully legendary has a good run with G.I think toho will reboot the series either way.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Possibilities post-G14 (outside Legendary Franchise)

Post by Jermobooka »

The renaissance of the Kaiju genre, apparently
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Possibilities post-G14 (outside Legendary Franchise)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:23 am The renaissance of the Kaiju genre, apparently
Damn right! :Godzilla68: :Mothra61: :Rodan56: :KingGhidorah64: :Mechagodzilla74:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image