Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by JAGzilla »

There's no way our human cast won't be closely involved in whatever is going on above ground. Godzilla won't be getting "all the screen time", because that's not how these movies operate. I would fully expect to see MBB again because that's a total no-brainer; other characters are up in the air.

"Unusual and dangerous creatures." Chances are I'm reading too much into it, but that doesn't make them sound like conventional Titans. Godzilla and Kong can obviously handle them. Also, we're talking about "creatures", plural, so it's not just a single Big Bad. Unless it's Destoroyah, anyway...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Sammy19 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 am I wonder if they're bringing back Camazotz.
I hate this idea and there’s nothing to indicate this is true. The world serpent and this all seem so fan fictiony to me.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:30 pm
Sammy19 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 am I wonder if they're bringing back Camazotz.
I hate this idea and there’s nothing to indicate this is true. The world serpent and this all seem so fan fictiony to me.
The only reason I can think of is it wasn't killed at the end of Kingdom Kong.

Garzon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Garzon »

Is Dan Stevens really still the only cast member who’s been confirmed so far? I would assume they’d at least bring back Team Kong.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Garzon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:27 am Is Dan Stevens really still the only cast member who’s been confirmed so far? I would assume they’d at least bring back Team Kong.
The only Team Kong members I can see returning is Jia and Dr. Andrews.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maybe it's going to be documentary style and there will be no human cast, and Dan Stevens is the narrator. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Sammy19 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am
Garzon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:27 am Is Dan Stevens really still the only cast member who’s been confirmed so far? I would assume they’d at least bring back Team Kong.
Even Dr. Andrews is expendable since her role is mostly someone to communicate between Jia and non ASL characters. You can easily write in another ASL friend for Jia.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

darthzilla99 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:45 am
Sammy19 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am
Even Dr. Andrews is expendable since her role is mostly someone to communicate between Jia and non ASL characters. You can easily write in another ASL friend for Jia.
The movie could be an opportunity to expand the relationship between her and Jia.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

KDM is teasing a female cast member on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KDM_Monsters ... 9975239680

His emoji's are definitely refering to Ann Darrow so maybe we're getting a monsterverse Ann Darrow or love interest for Kong? Perhaps it's an actress who was Ann or a love interest for Kong in the past? Naomi Watts? Some in the comments are speculating that Brie Larson is coming back. Wait and see I suppose.

Edit: They're saying the emojis are not a hint, just emojis. They're also claiming it's someone popular.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Bryce Dallas Howard hopefully

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

I sure hope not. It's fine if they introduce another female cast but making her the love interest would be treading old ground. What the Monsterverse has done for Kong by actually giving a fresh start that isn't a remake of the original is admirable. The connection between him and Jia was a nice way to reference his past while also doing its own thing.

On a side note, the sequel is competing with Kung Fu Panda 4 and a second of Into the Spider-Verse. Wonder if they're going to change the date.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Ok I shouldn’t post this here but I’m getting frustrated reading the same thing over and over again. No matter when the movie comes out it is going to have competition, no period in the year could it be released without something else releasing at the same time. The GvK situation was the exception to the rule, and barring another worldwide phenomena won’t happen again.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:57 am Ok I shouldn’t post this here but I’m getting frustrated reading the same thing over and over again. No matter when the movie comes out it is going to have competition, no period in the year could it be released without something else releasing at the same time. The GvK situation was the exception to the rule, and barring another worldwide phenomena won’t happen again.
I didn't mean we should be worried. Just wondering if they'll change the release date and if they do, I'm cool with it. If they don't, I'm still cool with it.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

So what the world serpent theory I seen in the post in the forms cause this is news to me

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 pm So what the world serpent theory I seen in the post in the forms cause this is news to me
Just some horseshit some random person on the internet made up before KoTM was released. Not worth the time it would take to Google it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ElijahSky wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:29 pm
Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 pm So what the world serpent theory I seen in the post in the forms cause this is news to me
Just some horseshit some random person on the internet made up before KoTM was released. Not worth the time it would take to Google it.
It was a rumor before Godzilla vs Kong not KOTM.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:01 pm
ElijahSky wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:29 pm
It was a rumor before Godzilla vs Kong not KOTM.
Yeah I meant Godzilla Vs Kong. The point is that it was only ever hogwash.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

https://sffgazette.com/sci-fi/movies/go ... #gs.8kl3a4
I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

If any of this Son of Kong talk is real, Kong's dying in the next entry or two. Wish Godzilla would die, GvK killed Godzilla for me in the series. Hero to Zero...
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Red-Death Gigan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:32 am If any of this Son of Kong talk is real, Kong's dying in the next entry or two. Wish Godzilla would die, GvK killed Godzilla for me in the series. Hero to Zero...
No way they're going kill of either of their cash cows. Also, in what was Godzilla zero in GVK? Sure, he had less screen time but he was more menacing, blew a hole in the hollow earth, went rage mode on Kong and won. I wouldn't hold the Mecha fight against him considering he always had help against it.