Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monsterverse Skull Island anime series

Post by vastatosaurus »

kaijuguy19 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:51 pm It'd be awesome that along with showing off the megafauna in the series that weren't shown in Kong Skull Island we'd also see some takes on other characters and creatures from King Kong folklore in general be in it like Gaw and/or the V-Rex.
Yeah of course, King Kong series gotta has Dinosaurs. I want like 100ft big dinosaurs to be introduced. We've already seen the remained bone of huge triceratops.

Added in 23 seconds:
in K:SI

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 pm
kaijuguy19 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:51 pm It'd be awesome that along with showing off the megafauna in the series that weren't shown in Kong Skull Island we'd also see some takes on other characters and creatures from King Kong folklore in general be in it like Gaw and/or the V-Rex.
Yeah of course, King Kong series gotta has Dinosaurs. I want like 100ft big dinosaurs to be introduced. We've already seen the remained bone of huge triceratops.

Added in 23 seconds:
in K:SI
Oh yes! Dinosaurs for sure. And to set them apart from JW/JP, I'd actually like a conscious effort to make at least some of them accurate. Ground-eagle raptors when?

I do also really look forward to the non-dinosaur fauna. The MV Skull Island is the first one with a big fleshed out ecosystem that's mostly home to gestalt animals of the modern age vs. just prehistoric fauna. The dromaeosaurid-looking Death jackals are apparently mammalian for example. That means we'd have no clue what's coming next and be full of surprises. So bit of both I'd say.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Will this show be canon to the Monstervere?

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

I'm hyped for this! Any new content for the Monsterverse is good news! :D

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

As long as they bring back the Mire Squid. :)
Last edited by The Octopus on Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:14 pm Will this show be canon to the Monstervere?
It was announced as being a MonsterVerse series, so yes as far we are aware.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Seems like someone says it every day, now, but what a time to be alive.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

I would love if the series is about the shipwreck of the Wanderer, in the movie they mention it crashed on the island around 1934, so Kong at that time would be around the size of the 05 Kong!
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

gigaraptor99 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:13 am I would love if the series is about the shipwreck of the Wanderer, in the movie they mention it crashed on the island around 1934, so Kong at that time would be around the size of the 05 Kong!
He looked still 104ft in 1944/45 so maybe?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Wow, I was not expecting this news! Hopefully this bodes well for more movies in the future as well. Either way, looking forward to this!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 pm
gigaraptor99 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:13 am I would love if the series is about the shipwreck of the Wanderer, in the movie they mention it crashed on the island around 1934, so Kong at that time would be around the size of the 05 Kong!
He looked still 104ft in 1944/45 so maybe?
I forgot about that scene! you are right -_-

so he looks the same size in 1944 and 1973, Kong growth rate is weird af.
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Silly question but will Kong be in this or only the skull island monsters?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:12 pm Silly question but will Kong be in this or only the skull island monsters?
Never thought about Kong not being on this anime. But we can't be 100% sure yet because... nobody have confirmed yet that Kong will appear in this. Good question....

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Okay, this is what I was talking about that I was very confused about a year ago. I’m glad this has been confirmed/moving forward.

My confusion was “how come the Monsterverse is splitting its IPs across two platforms?”. Godzilla on Apple TV and Kong on Netflix. Seemed strange to me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GoKelley85
Yojimbo

Post by GoKelley85 »

Netflix animation has left me feeling down in recent years.

The Godzilla anime trilogy and the Ultraman series were disappointing. The Castlevania show started off strong and then trended downward after Season 2. And the less said about Masters of the Universe: Revelations, the better.

Pac Rim: The Black and Blood of Zeus were solid, and represent the top of the heap overall.

Hopefully Skull Island breaks above the usual offerings from Netflix, but we'll see.
Last edited by GoKelley85 on Mon May 16, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

GoKelley85 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:12 pm Netflix animation has left me feeling down in recent years.

The Godzilla anime trilogy and the Ultraman series were disappointing. The Castlevania show started off strong and then trended downward after Season 2. And the less said about Masters of the Universe: Revelations, the better.

Pac Rim: The Black and Blood of Zeus were solid, and represent the top of the heap overall.

Hopefully Skull Island breaks above the usual offerings from Netflix, but we'll see.
Seems like someone hasn't watched Hilda. ;)

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:52 pm
GoKelley85 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:12 pm Netflix animation has left me feeling down in recent years.

Hilda is great, except the mountain king movie, that left me kinda cold
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Mon May 16, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoKelley85
Yojimbo

Post by GoKelley85 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:52 pm

I have not...I'll add it to my queue! Thanks!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:32 pm
Okay, this is what I was talking about that I was very confused about a year ago. I’m glad this has been confirmed/moving forward.

My confusion was “how come the Monsterverse is splitting its IPs across two platforms?”. Godzilla on Apple TV and Kong on Netflix. Seemed strange to me.
Yeah it doesn’t seem to be very strange but i’m happy that Netflix is giving us a Kong Skull island animated series
Spoiler:
Even though they also produce that fucking disgusting movie that should not be named