Would you like to see Kong have a training montage for his next movie? (I know WTF am I thinking)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Would you like to see Kong have a training montage for his next movie? (I know WTF am I thinking)

Post by darthzilla99 »

I'm bored so why not. Would you all like to see Kong gets his ass handed to him and then have him train or prepare for his final battle in the next movie?

The way I see it is new titan appears, beats Kong, destroys his axe, and then escapes. Maybe Jia is trapped and Kong has to come up with a new plan. You then see a music video with Kong learning to craft new weapons, fight other kaiju to harvest materials for his weapons, him practice swinging to show him learning to jump further, throw progressively bigger boulders to show him getting physically stronger, show him practice throwing new weapons to practice his aim, ect...

Hey it's dumb as shit, but we need discussion. Plus he's already a kaiju 80s action hero so why not embrace the full 80s cheese of Rocky and Vandam movies.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Would you like to see Kong have a training montage for his next movie? (I know WTF am I thinking)

Post by LegendZilla »

It won't be that far-fetched. We just saw Kong using sign-language.

goji89
Sazer

Re: Would you like to see Kong have a training montage for his next movie? (I know WTF am I thinking)

Post by goji89 »

WTF were you thinking in making this into a thread?

Of course I want a fucking training montage, give me that 80's feels baby. I would absolutely love that especially with "Eye of the Tiger"...pffft get outta here. I just thought of the other song "A fight to survive" oh man I can go on and on.
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The thing of it is, after GvK I can actually see the Monsterverse doing something like this. It would more likely be Kong training his son, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:15 am The thing of it is, after GvK I can actually see the Monsterverse doing something like this. It would more likely be Kong training his son, though.
Uh, unless he's G98 where the Hell would he have a son if he's the last of his kind.

"He's pregnant"
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Details, goji, details. "Because marketable baby monke" is the only reason Hollywood really needs.

For the sake of the argument, though, maybe somebody clones Kong. That would be simple to do, given that there were probably thousands of gallons worth of his blood splattered all over Hong Kong. Or maybe a baby Kong was hibernating somewhere in the Hollow Earth, or kept in suspended animation somehow.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am For the sake of the argument, though, maybe somebody clones Kong. That would be simple to do, given that there were probably thousands of gallons worth of his blood splattered all over Hong Kong.
You're giving us flashbacks to "King Kong Lives", and I don't think anybody wants to see that again.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am Details, goji, details. "Because marketable baby monke" is the only reason Hollywood really needs.
*movie narrator voice*
If you adored baby Groot, and fell in love with Baby Yoda, then prepare to fall in love all over again. From the company that brought you the summer action blockbuster Godzilla Vs Kong comes Baby Kong, watch as he struggles to find himself in this vast new world, as he goes through the emotions of living in his father's shadow, come along the ride and immerse yourself with...

Son of Kong.

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
G1985 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 am

You're giving us flashbacks to "King Kong Lives", and I don't think anybody wants to see that again.

Whoa, whoa hold on there city slicker, 70' Kong is the peanut butter to my jam. Gotta problem with one of the best Kongs out there?
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.