Pacific Rim - How to cross it over into the MV.

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Pacific Rim - How to cross it over into the MV.

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Don't let this thread devolve into a debate on IF the Pacific Rim franchise should crossover, please!

It seems 50-50 that Pacific Rim will eventually be merged into the MonsterVerse in one way or another, and I figured this thread could be good for theorizing how it should happen (not IF). The whole thing with the AnteVerse being a different dimension borders on the possibility of a MCU-style Multiverse. Personally, I'd rather see the Jaegers get constructed to deal with the Titan threats and the eventual arrival of the Anteverse kaiju. This would allow the more iconic Jaegers like Gipsy Danger and Striker Eureka to have actual roles in the film since they were all destroyed in the first PR film.

Additionally, the term "kaiju" could be used specifically to separate the Anteverse monsters from Earth's natural ones. I think going this route, it'd be obvious that the MechaGodzilla tech from GvK would lend a hand in creating the Jaegers and the dirft technology and the classic Jet Jaguar could be brought into be a Jaeger.

This set up would allow for at least two films based on the idea of Godzilla/Kong vs. Pacific Rim. The first film being humanity constructing the Jaegers to deal with the Titan threats, so you'd see plenty of Godzilla vs. Jaeger action, which is something I think everyone wants. The second film would deal with the arrival of the Anteverse, with a slew of typical PR kaiju like Knifehead and Otachi. I imagine even some classic Toho kaiju, such as Gigan and Megalon, could even be given Pacific Rim kaiju origins and designs.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pacific Rim - How to cross it over into the MV.

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I would've responded with "Don't" but I saw that disclaimer so...

Personally, I'd have a Godzilla film where there's a really powerful space Titan (preferably a new one) that attacks Earth. When it's defeated at the end of the film, its body implodes and the entire screen is consumed in light. After the last song in the credits goes off, we hear radio chatter of people frantically speaking and then a booming horn. Then, we get Pacific Rim 3. Instead of sounds, PR3 has an actual credits scene. In it, the main characters (presumably Jake and Amara) are sent on a mission to investigate a disturbance similar to that of a breach. Their Jaeger is dropped in and they start heading towards the area when suddenly, a vortex sucks it closer before a flash of light occurs. Cut to an afternoon sky. Both pilots wake up one after another before getting out of the Jaeger, which is laying on its back. They look around, only to see that they're in a place completely different from where the disturbance was. A Monarch truck drives up to the scene, stopping a couple hundred feet away from them. Stepping out of the vehicle are a couple established characters from the MV so far, all visibly confused and dumbfounded. An aerial shot zooms out to reveal where they are; the now-destroyed battlefield from the last Godzilla film.

TL;DR: A new monster comes around and pulls a NWH as a final "Skreeonk you", plopping the two franchises together in the process.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I have seen people adamantly object to the idea of Godzilla crossing over with Pacific Rim around here before. I will like to ask a question to those of you who hold such views : How is it any different than the MCU starting to embrace the multiverse angle as we speak?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 pm I have seen people adamantly object to the idea of Godzilla crossing over with Pacific Rim around here before. I will like to ask a question to those of you who hold such views : How is it any different than the MCU starting to embrace the multiverse angle as we speak?
MM literally said "don't let this devolve into a thread where it's a debate if either should crossover".

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 pm I have seen people adamantly object to the idea of Godzilla crossing over with Pacific Rim around here before. I will like to ask a question to those of you who hold such views : How is it any different than the MCU starting to embrace the multiverse angle as we speak?
Dude.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

As you said the AnteVerse is a great place to start, maybe after PR UR Earth made a army of Jaegers to fight the Kaijus in the AnteVerse and shut it down for good. But something goes wrong and they goes to MV. It found out that this Universe is like a Place holder for a future, they tried to invade the MV before but every time they put a Kaiju in that Universe, Godzilla alway tear it/them apart. So the Jaegers get out of the AnteVerse to the MV and Swim up to Florida. It found out that there are giant robot the MV too called olympians that were made to protect humanity from any rogue Titan. Godzilla come to inspect the newcomers, after this Godzilla leave thinking they are just new Olympians made to defend the people more.

The precursors goes to another planet in the MV to conquer but they end up making a deal with the Xiliens, the Xiliens gave the Precursors a body of a giant bird like Kaiju, the Precursors took it and created a cyborg name Gigan. Gigan with some upgraded Kaiju goes to Earth, gives Godzilla trouble so the Jaegers come and help Godzilla and they defeated the upgraded Kaiju including Gigan, that’s all I have right now, what’s your thoughts on it

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 pm As you said the AnteVerse is a great place to start, maybe after PR UR Earth made a army of Jaegers to fight the Kaijus in the AnteVerse and shut it down for good. But something goes wrong and they goes to MV. It found out that this Universe is like a Place holder for a future, they tried to invade the MV before but every time they put a Kaiju in that Universe, Godzilla alway tear it/them apart. So the Jaegers get out of the AnteVerse to the MV and Swim up to Florida. It found out that there are giant robot the MV too called olympians that were made to protect humanity from any rogue Titan. Godzilla come to inspect the newcomers, after this Godzilla leave thinking they are just new Olympians made to defend the people more.

The precursors goes to another planet in the MV to conquer but they end up making a deal with the Xiliens, the Xiliens gave the Precursors a body of a giant bird like Kaiju, the Precursors took it and created a cyborg name Gigan. Gigan with some upgraded Kaiju goes to Earth, gives Godzilla trouble so the Jaegers come and help Godzilla and they defeated the upgraded Kaiju including Gigan, that’s all I have right now, what’s your thoughts on it
That is assuming they bother to even bring the Xilliens into the MV.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:43 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:44 pm As you said the AnteVerse is a great place to start, maybe after PR UR Earth made a army of Jaegers to fight the Kaijus in the AnteVerse and shut it down for good. But something goes wrong and they goes to MV. It found out that this Universe is like a Place holder for a future, they tried to invade the MV before but every time they put a Kaiju in that Universe, Godzilla alway tear it/them apart. So the Jaegers get out of the AnteVerse to the MV and Swim up to Florida. It found out that there are giant robot the MV too called olympians that were made to protect humanity from any rogue Titan. Godzilla come to inspect the newcomers, after this Godzilla leave thinking they are just new Olympians made to defend the people more.

That is assuming they bother to even bring the Xilliens into the MV.
I know but I’m not gonna to debate whether they’re going to be in the universe or not because MM did say there shall be no debate if they did it or not. We’re just sharing our vision if PR and MV does a crossover. I would like to see your vision of this crossover and how would you do it. I’m not trying to flamebait I’m just curious on how would you do it.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

-Is an animated movie?

-Breachers figured out how to breach into other multiverses in desperation to escape the retaliating PPDF-

Send a Kaiju into the Monsterverse -

Kaiju kills a Titan attracting Godzilla who kills the kaiju-

Duo Kaiju are sent to eliminate Godzilla but again the Monsterverse king triumphs (in part thanks to an ally Titan this time, Kong or Mothra or Behemoth, Gamera, Super X, Jet Jaguar, A good Mechagodzilla, MOGUERA, Rodan, Zilla- IDK)

Monsterverse residents recognize the invasive Kaiju come from the breaches & so attack a Jaeger when it pops out of a breach expecting another invasive Kaiju-

More Jaegers are sent in believing the alternate Earth to be overrun by Kaiju-

Eventually the warring Titans & Jaegers realize they shouldn't be fighting & stop-

An anteverse version of Godzilla appears out of a breach & wrecks shop. YKW, it actually kills everyone. Godzilla, the Titans, the Jaegers, all gone.

It seems the Precursors have finally won with their ultimate Kaiju Antegodzilla but out of nowhere, Mecha King Ghidorah & The Futurians appears from the future! -

They take out the Precursors and the Antegodzilla (maybe it turns out one of the Titans wasn't dead & can help MKG)-

Futurians can undo they entire movie from have happened somehow to appease people who never wanted the crossover in the first place- The End.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Post-PR1 humans open up a Breach of their own which leads to the MV universe. This can be used to bring more advanced tech to the MV. Also, the MV's version of the anteverse would still be active, so Anteverse kaiju can be introduced later on

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Because the MCU's multiverse is still all Marvel characters and not trying to shoehorn one unrelated franchise into another.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MCU is all marvel characters. PR joining the MV would be like adding Star Wars to the MCU.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm
MCU is all marvel characters. PR joining the MV would be like adding Star Wars to the MCU.
Star Wars and Marvel are still both owned by Disney. So it’s not THAT far-fetched.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:37 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm
Star Wars and Marvel are still both owned by Disney. So it’s not THAT far-fetched.
You've missed the point.

It's like Star Wars in the MCU because they are two completely different stories that have nothing to with each other. One is a series of superhero stories, the other is a space fantasty in another time. There's no way adding them wouldn't take insane logicistcal leaps and even then, if the story would even work.

Just putting properties together because the same studio owns it is how we get garbage like Space Jam 2 and Ralph Breaks The Internet. Film length commercials. It's ridiculous.

(Also, semantics: the same people do NOT own PR and the Monsterverse. Legendary owns PR but they've shared it with Universal after Uprising. So WB likely can't touch it to add to the Monsterverse, no matter what Legendary does)

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hate to backseat mod here but MM said pretty loud and clear that this is supposed to be about HOW Pacific Rim could cross over, not IF.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Ah shit, you're right.

My apologies.

Drop this conversation now and move on.

My idea: either directly tie the Breach to a Godzilla universe or have ancient kaiju be the ones who drove off the Precursors in the dinosaur times, only awakening now that the Breach is closed, if we go Monsterverse with this.

RIP Evan.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I’d enjoy the culture shock the jaeger pilots would have. “Wait, you guys have kaiju that are natural to your world, that protect the planet from external threats, and when you built a robot it went rogue so the kaiju had to stop it?”
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Pacific RIm in the Monsterverse would be noting like Star Wars in the MCU(which Disney is playing around with anyway) it would be like Ben Afflict in the post credit scene of Eternals as Batman. Pac Rim while a different tone is still monsters fighting Machines which we just got in Godzilla vs Kong.

If I had to cross it over just reboot Pacific Rim. Have Gispy's nuke exploding in the anti verse at the same time Godzilla blasted into the Hollow Earth. The Hollow Earth has what appears to be portals anyway, so it can linked that way.

I also have the Anteverse Aliens get a hold of Ghidorah's DNA somehow.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I know about the OP's emphasis on this not being a debate, but personally, I don't think the two canons (PR and MV) are really compatible at this point.

That being said, if I had to guess how I think a "crossover" could work while still being plausible, I could go with the multiple/parallel earths/universes angle. And assuming the Anteverse is its own entire universe altogether, and not a major part of the PR universe, they might make a breach portal to the MV earth/universe, and send their Kaiju there. And the Titans have to defend it. No Jaegers, unless one manages to travel through.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)