What Is Your Favorite Millenium Godzilla Suit/Design

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Favorite Millenium Suit/Design?

MireGoji- Godzilla 1999/2000
37%
GMKGoji- Godzilla 2001
17%
KiryuGoji- Godzilla 2002/2003
35%
Final Goji-Godzilla 2004
11%

Total votes: 65

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

What Is Your Favorite Millenium Godzilla Suit/Design

Post by Jermobooka »

Sort of an “unofficial” extension of the current Godzilla design poll going on

Curious on what TK’s majority favorite Millenium suit/design is since i’ve seen an equal amount of love for all of them

My favorite would have to be a tie with 2002 and 2004. Both are great and i really can’t choose a favorite between either
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu May 06, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

godjacob
Futurian

Re: What Is Your Favorite Millenium Godzilla Suit/Design

Post by godjacob »

Love all the Millennium Suits but KiryuGoji is the King.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

KiryuGoji, easily. While the portrayal leaves much to be desired, the design, features, and sleek feel of it easily makes it iconic for me. To the point where, before the Monsterverse, it was my go-to design when imagining Godzilla. And luckily, the portrayal problem was resolved with Rulers of Earth.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GMKGoji, but also mods/admins, this thread should be moved to the Millennium sub forum.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kiryu, but G2K is not far behind.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

GMK followed by Kiryu/SOS.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Kiryu, is probably the best suit follow by GMK

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

KiryuGoji is my favorite Godzilla suit of all time.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GMK, definitely. It's not without its flaws, but it's more impressive on screen than any of Wakasa's Godzillas (although KiryuGoji is cool and definitely the best of his contributions to the Godzilla series). Like the later Kawakita costumes, the '01 suit's animatronic components were capable of very fluid movement (Wakasa's generally weren't). It's also the most expressive face of any Godzilla suit to date -- much of what Kawakita's team did in this regard was accomplished using a separate upper body prop, i.e. not the Godzilla suit itself.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KiryuGoji by a long shot. Not only is this one of my top four favorites, I hold this suit in special regards because it was my movie introduction to Godzilla.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

99/00 for me, the huge, purple spines elevate it above Kiryu Saga Godzilla for me.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

KiryuGoji - Takes Godzilla 2000 design & dials it up to 11.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

Red-Death Gigan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:39 am KiryuGoji - Takes Godzilla 2000 design & dials it up to 11.
I always thought it was the opposite? KiryuGoji is a dialed down MireGoji to me. Whether one likes that better or not is up to them, but I thought KiryuGoji took the more "radical" elements of MireGoji and toned them down some. MireGoji has scragglier teeth, larger and purpleish pinkish dorsal fins, and the first Godzilla suit to be officially green. KiryuGoji takes all three of those elements and reigns them back in to a more traditional state. For KiryuGoji the teeth became more uniform, dorsal fins stayed spiky but returned to their traditional color, and the overall suit becomes the traditional color again too.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

KiryuGoji, Millenium, and FinalGoji are really close to my heart, all three of them are amazing designs imo. My favorite of the three might be scarred KiryuGoji right now, it's notably expressive yet primal. Love the colors on him and the way the dorsal scutes look. I also really dig the prominent fangs.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Godzilla 2000 has a special place in my heart because it was the first Toho Godzilla suit I got to see on the big screen. That entire experience is very special to me.

The Final Wars design is seriously under-rated, outside of being so lean that you get the sort of 'neck bulge' for actor's head in the suit, I think it is a fantastic 'streamlined' design. I know we are absolutely in a big, bolky, slow phase of Godzilla designs right now...but good lord I hope one day we get a Godzilla design that is a bit more lean and ferocious and takes some cues from Final Wars.

GMK is cool in that kind of 'edgy teenager white-eyes demonic design is awesome' kind of way. I like the 'square-ness' of the jaw/mouth design.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Gigan13Vids
Young Farmer

Post by Gigan13Vids »

Purple is best.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I adore all the Millennium designs, I really do. GMK is imposing as he is spiritual, and Final Wars has that pure 2000s energy I can honestly say I sometimes miss. The Tezuka/KS Godzilla I have like eight figures of :lol:

But I must say, the more time goes on the more I gravitate towards Godzilla 2000. Maybe it's the Atari games, maybe it's being happily surprised to discover its use in Megaguirus. Or maybe it's just how unique he is, and reading about the suit in old G-Fan magazines really take me back in time. The Godzilla 2000 design is now my favourite Millennium design, I think it captures a little time in the franchise's history that I don't mind indulging in the fond memories of.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

If I were to vote again, I think I’d vote G2K. It’s grown on me even more.
For Emperor and Empire!

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

G2K - kick-skreonk
GMK - my favourite (obviously)
GxM - neat anime Godzilla
GFW - atrocity
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I love all the designs, but the MireGoji is my favorite without a doubt. It's the only one I think of when I think "the Millennium Series Godzilla." It probably helps that it was the first one and was seen up on the big screen, as opposed to all the others, which were seen on DVD.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."