Organizer vs Regenerator

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Which name do you prefer?

Organizer G-1
47%
Regenerator G-1
53%

Total votes: 30

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Organizer vs Regenerator

Post by miguelnuva »

Just out of curiosity what is the preferred term for Godzilla's healing ability?

Personally because I saw the dub as a kid I say Regenerator G-1 but with the orginal Organizer G-1 it does link back to Orga better.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Organizer vs Regenerator

Post by Spuro »

Regenerator because of nostalgia. Even if Organizer better matches the name of Orga.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KK42 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm Regenerator because of nostalgia. Even if Organizer better matches the name of Orga.
Not only that but Regenerator describes what it does better.

If it helps, you could headcanon what I do: that the name represents the Millenians have become a new Organism. ;)

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Considering the ability is regeneration and not uh..."organizing" I think Regenerator G-1 works better for the term.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm with Soggynoodles. Regenerator G1 describes what it does.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I believe the implication is that it re-organizes cells in a way that facilitates regeneration.

And, ultimately, that's the term used in the Japanese version of the movie, which for me grants it inherent primacy.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

While I think Regenerator sounds better and describes what it does I am gonna say Organizer because that is the original version.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I like the name Regenerator G1 more than Organizer it just sounds better to me but Organizer is also good. Though I am pretty biased I could get used to calling it Organizer G1 if this concept came back in full in the future and Organizer was used instead of Regenerator G1

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I think Organizer G-1 is better because it leads into Orga getting his name in the first place (too bad the name Orga is never mentioned at all in the American version).

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Organizer G-1.