Weapons Talkback: Maser Rifle, Energy Bazooka & Revolver

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Weapons Talkback: Maser Rifle, Energy Bazooka & Revolver

Post by BlankAccount »

Maser Rifle:

Resembling a mix between a rifle and a minigun (a smaller variation of the gatling guns), the Maser Rifle fires yellow-white rays rapidly in a machine gun like function. Much like the minigun, it's the barrels spin rapidly in and out of place for each shot, to slow down overheating and allow longer a longer assault before needing to cool off. The fact it injured and nearly killed Ebirah is a bit complicated. On one hand a giant monster is a giant monster, so the fact this was able to blast through his shells and skin is impressive for a gun made to be held by humans. On the other it speaks a lot of how woefully below average Ebriah's durability is, since these guns likely would do nothing to a creature like Godzilla at best and anger him at worse.

Still, it was able to breach armor that tank shells could not, probably from a combination of heat and chiseling away the same spot, and though a shrimps flesh is soft, it's still impressive it was able to get through as far as it did since a kaiju's skin is relatively thick no matter what it is from the very nature of it being large. The guns are big, bulky and possibly heavy but they were never meant for normal humans but the elite unit of mutants from the Earth Defense Force (EDF) who are capable of super human strength and jumps several times their own size like a flea, able to jump long distinces from building to building so this is none-issue as they are very mobile on foot. It likely has a battery that has to be recharged or replaced unless they found a way to make a generator small enough to fit in the gun but still power it like a Microscale Particle Accelerator, which we have actually made and since GFW is supposed to be the future this is very possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGcQHF1e1I

Oddly supplemental describes it as firing lasers, which while similar, masers and lasers are two different things, with lasers being wavelengths using light and masers being wavelengths using microwaves. So, maybe it uses one to power the other? Or shoots both? Probably just a goof.

Energy Bazooka:

NOTE: I couldn't find a good pic or video of these and currently can't capture the footage myself, so I had to screenshot off a poor quality video on YouTube. Sorry.

They resemble rocket launchers or bazookas. They fired large energy balls or bolts that were orange/yellow-whitish in color and exploded on Ebriah's shell. While Ebriah was hurt by them they didn't seem to do any real harm to him, possibly cause he's shell was too thick for them. It's possible they weakened it's shell allowing the Maser rifle to punch through. The weapon probably works as a companion piece with the Maser Rifle, being the hammer to their sickle. Now what the projectiles are specifically is unknown. Possibly plasma or inozied gasses as that can be turned into a burning hot sphere like stars such as our sun, as a laser would just be a ray.

In reality the props were just rocket launchers, either replicas, toys or real ones lend to the filming crew, but their projectiles are retroscoped or CGI energy blasts.

E.D.F. Future Revolver:

Not much I can say about them. Appearing to be a revolver possibly a high caliber magnum rounds, has a scope on top for aiming, and an underlug on the bottom as extra weight to reduce recoil when firing. Both are great for human use but utterly useless for mutants who have super strength and possibly better long distance sight and were probably only on the mutants guns as they were standard for everyone in the unit, normal or mutant. It's been while since I saw the film but I seem to recall them firing bullets, not energy projectiles? Someone correct me on this.

Fun fact the pink muzzle flashes these revolver give off are common for flashpaper guns used in Japanese films, and oddly show up with the tranquilizer rifles used on the Gyaos in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe. An odd oversight because in realty combustion would be a bad thing for tranquilizer darts chances of not being destroyed or damaged during firing.

godjacob
Futurian

Re: Weapons Talkback: Maser Rifle, Energy Bazooka & Revolver

Post by godjacob »

You know the entire plot of the Mutants being made to defend against Kaiju and really their whole existence becomes moot when you get ONE scene of them actually fighting a Kaiju. The rest is just Gotengos vs. Kaiju which anyone Mutant or non-mutant can do (In fact a non-Mutant was the one who "defeated" Godzilla).

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The Maser Rifle and the E.D.F. Revolver are some DANK looking weapons.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

If Final Wars masers are so effective, why not attach them to tanks or aircraft? Then you wouldn't have to rely on mutants to lug them around as handhelds.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:26 am If Final Wars masers are so effective, why not attach them to tanks or aircraft? Then you wouldn't have to rely on mutants to lug them around as handhelds.
Cause this movie doesn't put that much effort into thinking beyond being "cool".