What continuity do you wish could be continued?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

If one continuity could have a follow-up, which one would you want it to be?

25%
vs Megaguirus
3%
GMK
15%
Kiryu Saga
48%
Final Wars
9%

Total votes: 67

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Re: What continuity do you wish could be continued?

Post by onerichman »

I would love to see it continue from GMK, but this time use Anguirus and Varan.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Honestly with very little tweaking, G2000, GvsM, and Kiryu Saga could have fit into the same continuity. Honestly baffled me why the anthology route was taken and yet never really committed to outside of GMK.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

On second thought, it would be interesting to have the Godzilla 2000 continuity expanded a bit. I'd like to see how Japan and the world tries to deal with Godzilla after his battle against Orga and give more backstory to the Shinoda family, the Godzilla Prediction Network and their rivalry against Katagiri.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Desghidorah wrote:Honestly baffled me why the anthology route was taken and yet never really committed to outside of GMK.
What do you mean? GxM, GMK, GxMG, and GFW all take time to establish their new continuities.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Terasawa wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:Honestly baffled me why the anthology route was taken and yet never really committed to outside of GMK.
What do you mean? GxM, GMK, GxMG, and GFW all take time to establish their new continuities.
Which I feel more or less was a waste of time. Does Godzilla's behavior really change all that much if G2k, GvM, and GxMG were all the same Godzilla? Does the way people react to Godzilla ever wind up sounding like it couldn't have happened in either of those three?

This isn't me saying they should have been all in continuity with one another, but more saying nothing really felt like it was gained, to me, by hitting the reset button each time.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

comment deleted
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Living Corpse wrote:Could have had that Kiryu solo film they talked about doing.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... _solo.html

Kiryu saga does phone it in (and I say that as someone who enjoys those movies) but it seemed to have the most world building out of them all probably cause it had a sequel.
Always thought that back in the Heisei Era, Toho should've had alongside the Rebirth of Mothra series, a Mechagodzilla film. One year a Rebirth flick for the more family friendly . The next, Toho would release a more balls to wall, Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay, flick featuring a new UNGCC Mechagodzilla pitted against other monsters attacking Japan. Or called in by other United Nations member nations to deal with their own kaiju threats. And likewise the Kiryu Saga could've always gone beyond TOKYO S.O.S. with a new Kiryu being built to deal with both the possibility of Godzilla's return. And what ever other beastie we know is lurking around the corner. Heck, I thought that the 50th anniversary film would've, should've likewise involved a new KIryu, Godzilla, ,and Mothra dealing with King Ghidorah.

And the time line of GODZILLA 2000 with the open ended nature of it could've gone a lot of places with. Still wouldn't mind visiting the alternate universe where GODZILLA REBORN ! got greenlit.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

At this point....I would very very much want a sequel to Godzilla 2000.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Hard toss-up between Final Wars and the Kiryu Saga for me. I love the worlds that both movies inhabit.

Ultimately, I'll have to lean towards the Kiryu Saga on this one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

A sequel to Godzilla 2000: Millenium

Preferably “Godzilla: Reborn”, the script/outline that the creator of the English dub made as an American made sequel to G2K with TOHO handling the suitmation effects

Of course this time around it’ll just be TOHO handling it all and the cast would be more Japanese centric, but Goji fighting Miba (described as a bat-like creature that looks like the male MUTO but without legs made of lava) sounds so damn cool
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kiryu Saga is probably the objective answer if there is one given the wacky world building that could be explored, but I'd be lying if I did not say a GMK sequel entices me so I voted as such.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Not thinking continuities so much as directors - I'd like to see Kaneko (GMK) return no matter what, and I wish Toho gave Tezuka (Megaguirus, Kiryu Saga) the big 50th anniversary project over Kitamura. While you can nitpick Tezuka's films (I found he improved with each entry), you can tell he loves the material, I think he could've come up with something more respectful and befitting the occasion.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

The Kiryu Saga. I am not a fan of either of those but that cliffhanger ending BEGS to be answered. What becomes of Godzilla? What about those human experiments for cyborgs? Leaves way too much for the imagination. Next I would say is GMK. Godzilla coming back from a heart is just plain crazy.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I'd love to see The Godzilla 2000 continuity continued, I don't know about the Kiryu Saga though. I feel like it ended pretty much perfectly for what it needed and I'm not sure if bringing it back would be beneficial to the quality of the Duology, particularly Tokyo SOS.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

G2000 it's by far the best Millennium Godzilla incarnation and I would've loved to see Shinoda and the other characters return.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:07 pm G2000 it's by far the best Millennium Godzilla incarnation and I would've loved to see Shinoda and the other characters return.
I 100% agree! Shame it's planned sequel got cancelled though, it had an epic American cast set. GMK's continuity would also be really cool to learn more about, hell maybe even finally learn what on earth those DNA canisters were in the post credits sequence of Tokyo S.O.S were supposed to mean.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

AllosaurHell wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 pm
DynomikeGojira wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:07 pm G2000 it's by far the best Millennium Godzilla incarnation and I would've loved to see Shinoda and the other characters return.
I 100% agree! Shame it's planned sequel got cancelled though, it had an epic American cast set.
Godzilla Reborn is the one cancelled film project i would’ve absolutely loved to see the most. Godzilla fighting a winged creature in Hawaii in an American made Godzilla film did eventually happen, though ;)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:24 pm
AllosaurHell wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 pm
I 100% agree! Shame it's planned sequel got cancelled though, it had an epic American cast set.
Godzilla Reborn is the one cancelled film project i would’ve absolutely loved to see the most. Godzilla fighting a winged creature in Hawaii in an American made Godzilla film did eventually happen, though ;)
That and this absolute alpha Chad was going to be in it!
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I would love to see the continuation of Kiryu Saga

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

I want the Kiryu Saga to be continued. I want to see every Showa Toho monster turned into a mecha.