Millennium Series: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Millennium Series: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

*Discuss your head canons & fan theories here*
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Millennium Series: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-Godzilla 1998 and GMK takes place in the same continuity based on the reference in the beginning with how Americans mistook G98 for Godzilla.
-Godzilla 2002/2003 is Godzilla 1954's son.
-The Mothra we saw in Tokyo: S.O.S. is the daughter of the Mothra from 1961 especially considering some Showa movies are in this continuity such as War of the Gargantuas and Yog Monster.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The people of Planet X succeeded in escaping into the future during 1965, and popped up in 20XX, where they then took control of all the Earth's monsters and sent them to level the world.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:-Godzilla 1998 and GMK takes place in the same continuity based on the reference in the beginning with how Americans mistook G98 for Godzilla.
-Godzilla 2002/2003 is Godzilla 1954's son.
-The Mothra we saw in Tokyo: S.O.S. is the daughter of the Mothra from 1961 especially considering some Showa movies are in this continuity such as War of the Gargantuas and Yog Monster.
Godzilla 2002/03 being Kiryu's son was apparently officially acknowledged by Shogo Tomiyama and Masaaki Tezuka in an informational book for Tokyo S.O.S. It's not necessarily official canon, just something officially acknowledged by the filmmakers as a valid interpretation.

And according to some supplementary materials, the 2003 Mothra is a "descendant" of the original 1961 Mothra. There's no question the events of Mothra happened in the Kiryu Saga, as it is explicitly referenced in both films and on timelines for the Kiryu Saga.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

King of the Monsters wrote:Godzilla 2002/03 being Kiryu's son was apparently officially acknowledged by Shogo Tomiyama and Masaaki Tezuka in an informational book for Tokyo S.O.S. It's not necessarily official canon, just something officially acknowledged by the filmmakers as a valid interpretation.

And according to some supplementary materials, the 2003 Mothra is a "descendant" of the original 1961 Mothra. There's no question the events of Mothra happened in the Kiryu Saga, as it is explicitly referenced in both films and on timelines for the Kiryu Saga.
Heh. Thanks for the newsflash.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Even if the dates or timeline don't align 100%, I want to believe that the events in Godzilla Final Wars don't necessarily take place in 2004, but in the distant future. Thus Godzilla Final Wars is Godzilla Junior. Every Godzilla movie is somewhat canon, based on flashbacks shown from prior movies. The last scene from Godzilla Junior meshes with uncanny similarity with the scene of Godzilla Final Wars frozen in ice, as if Final Goji remembered his past as Junior.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Final Wars doesn't take place in 2004 to begin with. It's set in the undisclosed future year of 20XX.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Here are some of my ideas for now:
G2K: This one is set in the same continuity as the RoM trilogy.
GMK: Same continuity as the Heisei Gamera films.
The Kiryu Saga: G'98 is set in this timeline as well.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The Kamoebas Godzilla slayed in Tokyo: SoS was a host for Yog, the alien took control over Godzilla upon killing Kamoebas, then passed it to Kiryu after their first encounter, triggering Kiryu's memory bank malfunction and causing him to go berserk.
#spooky
#slatternking

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Definitely not original: The only movie actually connected to Godzilla 2000 is the 1954 original. The movie's only real mention of this universe is that Godzilla is comes to Japan here and there. It all seems to me that Godzilla is the only (giant) monster they have had before Orga, and that Godzilla would then not have had epic battles with monsters like Mothra. Ultimately, this is probably a "new" Godzilla" though, like GRA.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

-Godzilla 1999 is the son of Godzilla 1954 because is the 2nd on his continnuity.
-GMK Godzilla is a zombie, not a ghost, based on the origin of Godzilla in GMK.
-FW Godzilla is Godzilla 1954, based on the refence at the presentation of the Earth Defense Force.
Last edited by Godzilla2004fan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla 1998 take place in the same continuity.

Godzilla vs Megaguirus is a sequel to Godzilla 2000, since Godzilla's past isn't very elaborated upon in 2000 and looks just like he did in that film.

Varan, Manda, and Anguirus exist in the GMK continuity, they are also guardians of their own respective lands.

The little girl with the plant in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is the Kiryu Saga's version of the Erika Shiragami and the plant she keeps carrying around is obviously gonna lead to some dark events in the future.

The post credits scene of Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S with the DNA canister leads to the creation of Biollante, which I hinted at just a few moments ago.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

individuals from the G2000 and dilogy of the Kiryu are not direct relatives of Godzilla from 1954. These are specials subspecies that explains their external difference from the first Godzilla.
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

2000 is, for the lack of better words, a remake of GRA. This is only the second time humanity has seen a Godzilla, thus, this Godzilla is a modernized version of the Showa Godzilla, and if we look into his future, he kind of makes peace with humanity.

Vs. Megaguirus is a sequel to 2000, falling into a more goofy interpretation of the character the same way King Kong vs. Godzilla did.

GMK shares continuity with 1954 and 1998. It's not related to the Heisei Gamera continuity since turtles don't exist in that universe, and I'm sure a turtle appears at least once during GMK's continuity. Still, the mythology is very similar, and Anguirus and Varan are other unreleased Guardians existing on that Earth.

The Kiryu Saga has 1954 and every following non-Godzilla Showa film in continuity, that's why humanity is more prepared for kaiju attacks except Godzilla's reappearance, since they just fought him once, in 1954.

The Xilliens in Final Wars are the same from 1965. They traveled to the future successfully and had time to plan their new invasion.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

AllosaurHell wrote: The little girl with the plant in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is the Kiryu Saga's version of the Erika Shiragami and the plant she keeps carrying around is obviously gonna lead to some dark events in the future.
That's Sara Yuhara, right?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote: The little girl with the plant in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is the Kiryu Saga's version of the Erika Shiragami and the plant she keeps carrying around is obviously gonna lead to some dark events in the future.
That's Sara Yuhara, right?
Yes, and the fact that not many people noticed that she had to be a nod to Erika/Biollante kinda surprises me.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I don’t think it’s intended as a reference to Biollante at all.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Terasawa wrote:I don’t think it’s intended as a reference to Biollante at all.
It definitely wasn’t
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The plant is just a pretty direct way to show Sara lonely, by having her interact with it like it’s an imaginary friend. It also, vaguely, toys with the Kiryu Saga’s vague mysticism around “living beings” though it’s never really elaborated on.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I also believe that the modern day Godzilla is Kiryu's son. Just makes sense,you don't wanna kill your own son.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!