Monster Discussion #52: SpaceGodzilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Monster Discussion #52: SpaceGodzilla

Post by edgaguirus »

Astrogodzilla does sound better. That name's out of this world.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Post by The Royal SCP »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Is it possible that Spacegodzilla may have some remaining Erika cells, like Biollante?
The Royal SCP wrote:I like SpaceGodzilla, in fact it's my favorite Godzilla clone! My only problem with SpaceGodzilla is the name, it's too cheesy! I would had named him Kesshō, Japanes word for "crystal"! Other than that, his is very badass!
I'd call him Astrogodzilla.
1) maybe, who knows!

2) I love that name!
The TRUE Royal SCP

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The Royal SCP wrote: 1) maybe, who knows!

2) I love that name!
Cheers m8. ;)
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Personally, I think that Spacegodzilla is a better King Ghidorah than the actual Heisei King Ghidorah.

Think about it.

Shōwa King Ghidorah:

- From space
- A destroyer of worlds
- So powerful that Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan needed each other's help to defeat him the first time.

Heisei King Ghidorah:

- Created by Humans
- A weapon to cripple Japan's economy
- Crippled by Godzilla with some non-mecha Human assistance - and even then, Ghidorah seemed to have recovered from the shock of losing the link with the future people.

Spacegodzilla:

- From space
- Attempted destroyer of Earth
- So powerful that it defeated MOGUERA in their first battle, defeated Godzilla (and Godzilla Junior) in their first battle, and required the combined efforts of MOGUERA and Godzilla to be defeated - and even then, it crippled MOGUERA.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

His movie’s trash, but SpaceGodzilla himself is pretty cool. I know people knock the design for being simple a lot, but I think it works, it stands out enough from Godzilla while still working as a dark counterpart to him. His huge variety of powers are cool, kaiju that are just sadistic bastards instead of animalistic are always fun (I agree with the post above me that SpaceG is a better King Ghidorah than the actual Heisei King Ghidorah), and the crystal aesthetic is neat.

Video games and comics use him way better than the movie does.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.