Monster Discussion #52: SpaceGodzilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Gerdzerl

Re: Monster Discussion #52: SpaceGodzilla

Post by Gerdzerl »

SpaceG92 wrote:Bumping for ol' Crystal back!

So people where complaining about SpaceGodzilla's thunder thighs. Well, T-Facto you done it again!
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 1
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 2
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 3
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 4

So, opinions on the T-Facto sculpt of SpaceGodzilla? Like it, hate or indifferent? Personally, its the slight difference from the suit that makes it all the better for me.
Holy shit! That's leagues better than what we got! Why couldn't the actual suit look this good?

I mean, I wish they'd removed the weird vagina-esque crotch but other then that it looks great. :)

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Ah, SpaceGodzilla, good ol' candy corn shoulders, Goji's evil space clone brother. His movie may have been the lowest point in the Heisei era, but I think his design, powers and concept are quite kickass. If only he would've been better executed.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

gerdzerl wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:Bumping for ol' Crystal back!

So people where complaining about SpaceGodzilla's thunder thighs. Well, T-Facto you done it again!
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 1
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 2
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 3
T-Facto SpaceGodzilla Image 4

So, opinions on the T-Facto sculpt of SpaceGodzilla? Like it, hate or indifferent? Personally, its the slight difference from the suit that makes it all the better for me.
Holy shit! That's leagues better than what we got! Why couldn't the actual suit look this good?

I mean, I wish they'd removed the weird vagina-esque crotch but other then that it looks great. :)
sadly, that's way too early Heisei looking to ever have made it far later in the Heisei series. :/
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Oooh, perfect! Now to plant my seed. :P

Hello, ladies and gents of this thread! I come before all of you to pose a question:

Is SpaceGodzilla evil?

"What?!" I hear some of you think, "That arse sealed up Little Godzilla (whom you may or may not care about, lol) and tortured him. Then nearly destroyed the world. Why even debate?"
You have a point in that respect. SpaceGodzilla goes on about doing what he wants to do (kill Godzilla, conquer/destroy the world, all that jazz). But do recall near the end of the film, after SpaceG returns to space. In the English Dub, Miki clearly states that SpaceGodzilla had the same feelings.

The same feelings. As Godzilla? So SpaceGodzilla actually could have been a good uncle to Little Godzilla? So he could have been a defender of the Earth like Godzilla? Well, they are born from the same cells, after all. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say that this movie has lackluster writing on the whole. But let's over-analyze/evaluate this.

SpaceGodzilla, strictly going by his movie source here, is a creature that was born after Biollante/Mothra take their leave into space, to which a Godzilla cell drifts away into a black hole, is spat out of a white hole (which I am fully aware doesn't exist), then bombarded by various energies of stars that gave birth to what you see here. Then he speeds straight to Earth to kill Godzilla and make the planet his... Well, you know. ;)

So what am I trying to say? Well, if what Ms. Saegusa is saying is true, then the Godzilla body you see infested with crystals isn't the true enemy. It's the crystals themselves. Why else do you think that, a creature who shares feelings like his clone, he would go out of his way to torture then imprison Godzilla's son and kill the King of the Monsters? This is clearly the doing of the crystals.

Now, just strictly speaking about the film itself, there isn't a whole lot to go off of. You can easily have a different viewpoint or a counterargument. But going out of the films and looking into other Godzilla media, I've noticed something.
Recall Godzilla: Unleashed. Our two new monsters, Krystalak and Obsidius, born from SpaceGodzilla's crystals. Obsidius is the rampager who is lost in a new world (much like most of the Mutant monsters from said game), but Krystalak on the other hand is deliberately seeking the power surges to become the strongest thing in existence. Once again, this is another example where the devilish schemes come from the acts of a crystallized organism rather than an elemental/organic kaiju.

My point? The slightly botched (but still cool looking) Godzilla body you see the vessel of sentient crystal organisms that seek to destroy and kill. But maybe somewhere in there, the host could be looking for his own peace...
But this is all just a bit ol' theory. Feel free to agree or disagree! What are ya'lls opinion on the matter? A lot of this is coming from memory, so if I have any mistakes, let me know. XD Either way, my personal opinion of the monster remains the same; lame name, cool design and neat powers. Perhaps a bit overrated, but still cool in my eyes. 8-)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

three
Keizer

Post by three »

he came to kill Godzilla and enslave the human race.

oh, he's evil alright.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I think the character had a lot of potential, and could've really rivaled MechaG's popularity, but his movie was what really dragged him down. Whereas the movie's point should have been to show how amazing and fearsome SpaceG is, it ended up being too human based and made the SpaceG seem more akin to a bully than a threat.

SpaceG is actually a cool monster; the idea of an alternate Godzilla semi-naturally made is creative, and the design clashes with G's well. He's frankly one of the most unique Heisei villians.

Of course, I haven't seen Vs. SpaceG in a while, so that may not be exactly accurate, but that's what I recall.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

three wrote:he came to kill Godzilla and enslave the human race.

oh, he's evil alright.
SpaceGodzilla the Host might not be evil, but SpaceGodzilla the Crystal is sure is. But it's just a theory in the long run. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

He's pretty cool, I like the design and concept.
AKA Jamie.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Cool monster, crappy movie.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

Hmm - not that I'm being a Trollinator BUT with Space-Goji eh? Well the ups and downs of him:

Downs (I'll start with the downs as usually criticism is something that one can improve on rather than just complimenting on)

1.) Powers - well other than the fact he's Big-G but with Cosmic Space Powers - not really that impressive or such ...and the fact he didn't really 'bleed' or hurt Big-G 1994 for the matter ...
2.) Physical Strength - well does he sort of have Brute Strength you reckon? Given using JUST HIS TAIL and impaling plus hurling about a 160K tonne MOGERA 1994 is pretty impressive to a degree - BUT other than that Space-Goji didn't really seem to resort much to melee ...
3.) H2H - nothing really impressive really - given how he tends to fight from a distance AND if he was to resort to H2H combat he relies more on the energy touch he conducts when he comes in physical contact ...
4.) Beams - Corona Beams don't really seem to strike me that much - BUT yet in the games - particularly in Godzilla Save the Earth it can be ridiculous ... particularly against ORGA or Mecha-G 1993 where they are listed being weak to Energy based attacks ...
5.) Durability - well other than Big-G 1994's healing factor and enduring MOGERA's arsenal - nothing that big yet at first ...
6.) Speed - Big-G himself may not be THE FLASH or Silver Surfer BUT Space-Goji on terrestrial ground seemed awfully slow ...
7.) Design - any idea which Heisei Goji suit model Space-Goji resembles?

Ups:

1.) Design - Crystals still make Space-Goji the KING OF THE SHARDS HAHA :)
2.) Durability - then again taking a few Spiral Ray Beams and fighting still despite the loss of his Space Twin Shoulder Crystals ...
3.) Intelligence - Space-Goji is pretty tactical at times rather than just rushing in and choosing to attack from a distance ...
4.) Powers - still the Telekinetic power and grapple was nice :) AND CRYSTALS! CRYSTALS EVERYWHERE!
5.) Popularity - well the fact he's in the games plus also how he's in SH Monsterarts and who knows if he can return in the future Big-G films ...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:Hmm - not that I'm being a Trollinator
Please stop with this.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:Hmm - not that I'm being a Trollinator BUT with Space-Goji eh? Well the ups and downs of him:

Downs (I'll start with the downs as usually criticism is something that one can improve on rather than just complimenting on)

1.) Powers - well other than the fact he's Big-G but with Cosmic Space Powers - not really that impressive or such ...and the fact he didn't really 'bleed' or hurt Big-G 1994 for the matter ...
2.) Physical Strength - well does he sort of have Brute Strength you reckon? Given using JUST HIS TAIL and impaling plus hurling about a 160K tonne MOGERA 1994 is pretty impressive to a degree - BUT other than that Space-Goji didn't really seem to resort much to melee ...
3.) H2H - nothing really impressive really - given how he tends to fight from a distance AND if he was to resort to H2H combat he relies more on the energy touch he conducts when he comes in physical contact ...
4.) Beams - Corona Beams don't really seem to strike me that much - BUT yet in the games - particularly in Godzilla Save the Earth it can be ridiculous ... particularly against ORGA or Mecha-G 1993 where they are listed being weak to Energy based attacks ...
5.) Durability - well other than Big-G 1994's healing factor and enduring MOGERA's arsenal - nothing that big yet at first ...
6.) Speed - Big-G himself may not be THE FLASH or Silver Surfer BUT Space-Goji on terrestrial ground seemed awfully slow ...
7.) Design - any idea which Heisei Goji suit model Space-Goji resembles?

Ups:

1.) Design - Crystals still make Space-Goji the KING OF THE SHARDS HAHA :)
2.) Durability - then again taking a few Spiral Ray Beams and fighting still despite the loss of his Space Twin Shoulder Crystals ...
3.) Intelligence - Space-Goji is pretty tactical at times rather than just rushing in and choosing to attack from a distance ...
4.) Powers - still the Telekinetic power and grapple was nice :) AND CRYSTALS! CRYSTALS EVERYWHERE!
5.) Popularity - well the fact he's in the games plus also how he's in SH Monsterarts and who knows if he can return in the future Big-G films ...
:sigh: Oh god not you again.
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

SG wasn't that original an idea, but it was a good looking kaiju. The crystals gave it just enough of an alien look, and those huge shoulder crystals were cool. It was also one of Godzilla's more evil foes, and among his toughest.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
:sigh: Oh god not you again. *internally debating whether to be an asshole or not*
That post was almost two months old. Secondly, that was unnecessary and uncalled for. Don't do it again or you're getting a warning.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

deleted
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
Derzerb wrote:
F4ZaTE_X wrote:
:sigh: Oh god not you again. *internally debating whether to be an asshole or not*
That post was almost two months old. Secondly, that was unnecessary and uncalled for. Don't do it again or you're getting a warning.
:twisted:
Dohoho-hoho-hohohoho.

I think MM may have just found a new playmate.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

MM The Destroyer wrote:Dohoho-hoho-hohohoho.

I think MM may have just found a new playmate.
What's that supposed to mean?
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:What's that supposed to mean? A partner in crime?
Not quite...

Been nice knowing ya. ;)

Pair of kings.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

deleted
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Alright, I really think this has gone on long enough. Everyone should drop it now.

ANY more extensions of this conversation will receive a warning.