Monster Discussion #43: King Ghidorah (Heisei)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Re: Monster Discussion #43: King Ghidorah (Heisei)

Post by Finalwar22 »

Ok, if Wilson and his crew were so advanced why didn't they just use MKG in the first place.
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

AllPowersCombined
Ronin

Post by AllPowersCombined »

Do you treat Mecha-King Ghidorah as a separate entity? I think it can kinda go both ways. Technically, Ghidora's body was "alive" so maybe it was more than just a zombie, but then again, these monsters are so tough that spending two centuries on the bottom of the ocean may as well count as death. Especially since the cod temperature wsa the reason its body survived in the first place.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Finalwar22 wrote:Ok, if Wilson and his crew were so advanced why didn't they just use MKG in the first place.
because Ghidorah hadn't been defeated in battle yet. it was fairing well when under mind control, too. it's not like they needed an MGK.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

three wrote:
Finalwar22 wrote:Ok, if Wilson and his crew were so advanced why didn't they just use MKG in the first place.
because Ghidorah hadn't been defeated in battle yet. it was fairing well when under mind control, too. it's not like they needed an MGK.
Ya if that pesky Teresawa, Emmy, and M-11 didn't intervene the movie was heavily implying KG was going to kill Godzilla. Although I doubt he would have
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

that's a good talking point actually which came up in the FM section: would Ghidorah have killed Godzilla?
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

three wrote:that's a good talking point actually which came up in the FM section: would Ghidorah have killed Godzilla?
What did they say? I don't like going in that forum.

I don't think he would have killed Godzilla. He had the nuclear pulse ready and waiting in case he got close to the end.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla21 wrote:
three wrote:that's a good talking point actually which came up in the FM section: would Ghidorah have killed Godzilla?
What did they say? I don't like going in that forum.

I don't think he would have killed Godzilla. He had the nuclear pulse ready and waiting in case he got close to the end.
in reference to the part when Ghidorah is using Godzilla's head as a trampoline, the sentiment of some forum members was that Ghidorah was "never going to kill him [Godzilla]". that i don't understand. how was it not going to kill him?

TheKaijuologist
Yojimbo

Post by TheKaijuologist »

I actually love the Heisei incarnation. I like his origin is slightly tied into Godzilla's own creation, and how the Dorats are forced to experience the same ordeal of mutation and the corruption from innocent animal to towering rage titan. It also gives birth to Mecha King Ghidora, who I can't help but adore! I have a countdown of my fav King Ghidora films on my channel, folks should check it, so you can hate on me with conviction:-)

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

I always thought that this KG looked the best and had the best backstory, but was too weak.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

three
Keizer

Post by three »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:I always thought that this KG looked the best and had the best backstory, but was too weak.

it was put up against one of the strongest Godzillas in the history of the series.

it was also winning until the computer was destroyed.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

three wrote:
F4ZaTE_X wrote:I always thought that this KG looked the best and had the best backstory, but was too weak.

it was put up against one of the strongest Godzillas in the history of the series.

it was also winning until the computer was destroyed.
Actually Heisei King Ghidorah had Godzilla in a strangle hold ,and damn near killed the bugger until he used the nuclear pulse to break it. And that was a bit after the computer was taken out.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

well that's after it had a chance to win. lol.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Hesei KG is a strong force. Godzilla won, but only because of the nuclear pulse. KG, both controlled and uncontrolled, gave Godzilla a good fight.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

*sigh* It's always the Heisei series. In all my years of being part of this community, I've learn that this particular continuity of the franchise receives the most amount of unfair biased nitpicking.

Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Post by Finalwar22 »

Maybe because everyone thinks its incredibly stupid. I don't think so, although I think that they could have done a better job.
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Finalwar22 wrote:Maybe because everyone thinks its incredibly stupid. I don't think so, although I think that they could have done a better job.
Any more stupid or far fetched than it's counterparts?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Both the Showa and Millenium eras have their share of nit picks, too. Still, we love those films.

Back on topic, I liked this Ghidorah. I wasn't crazy about the theme music for KG, though. It didn't sound as menacing as the original version.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Infinity
Monarch Researcher

Post by Infinity »

This King Ghidorah is my least favorite version of him. I didn't like his movie either. Its very dumb, and Godzilla is depicted as an incompetent fighter in it.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

LegendZilla wrote:*sigh* It's always the Heisei series. In all my years of being part of this community, I've learn that this particular continuity of the franchise receives the most amount of unfair biased nitpicking.
PREACH
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

My favorite Ghidorah design and fighting style, the things that hold it back are how stiff it is, although not as bad as later Heisei designs and the roar starting the grand Heisei tradition of using Rodan's roar for other kaiju.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"