Lost Project Discussion: Terror of SpaceGodzilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Lost Project Discussion: Terror of SpaceGodzilla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Discuss the scrapped “Terror of SpaceGodzilla”, a pitch for the final Heisei movie that’s certainly… unique.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... zilla.html

The scrapped idea of “SpaceGodzilla’s Counterattack” was always the least interesting of the ideas for the final Heisei movie, SpaceGodzilla coming back immediately afterwards? Why would we want that?

But then this information dropped, and that’s definitely no longer true, because this sounds insane. Though I still prefer what we ultimately got, I certainly wouldn’t mind them revisiting this idea for a later incarnation of SpaceGodzilla.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Lost Project Discussion: Terror of SpaceGodzilla

Post by GigaBowserG »

It's like an early version of Obsidius or Krystalak, something being birthed by SpaceGodzilla that isn't necessarily him. I like the idea a lot, in particular having battles in space, and the SpaceG spawn being ginormous. I looked at the moon during the day earlier in the week, and instead of the moon, I tried picturing a massive crystal space monster floating up there in the bright blue sky, and it was a chilling thought.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

My question is how Godzilla and little G could even touch it?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I appreciate all the work that goes into finding these cool things. I think the most interesting part was the notion that the space fight with Moguera in Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla was underutilized and was supposed to be much more. That scene always felt too brief for what was otherwise a really unique moment in the franchise.

Anyways, cool idea, but as others mention, how would Godzilla be able to fight it? Maybe this might sound silly, but perhaps a platform to fly Godzilla up to space would be created and Godzilla would fight the new satellite creature in space. Wouldn’t make much sense, but hey.

I like the idea of SG or something from it merging with a satellite. It gives it sort of a SpaceMechaGodzilla vibe while still having working space to be super original.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

I'm glad it was scrapped. SpaceGodzilla possessing a satellite is interesting but the battles sound boring and anti-climactic. Either Gforce flies Godzilla up to SpaceGodzilla or Godzilla finds a way to reach his Atomic breath. Him dying from firing his longest breath would have been lame imo.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think am Armageddon like plot would be utilized and eventually SG would turn to normal size and attack G on Earth.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

This is interesting, and has potential in a different continuity. Maybe in a tv show or another season of something like SP. I think having a gigantic opponent that Godzilla can't reach would be a nice change of pace for foe concepts and a new situation for Godzilla. Different that the battle in Planet Eater. However, like darthzilla said the battles have a good chance of ending up boring or too quick. I could see a DAM style situation with several kaiju being placed onto the crystal satellite if it reached the atmosphere.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I imagine them using a new Super-X on this Spacegodzilla.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Among the menagerie of ideas that were tossed around for the final Heisei film, this actually feels like one of the weakest concepts.

Even some of the ideas we know very little about (such as the Super-Nuked Godzilla idea) could have had more potential than this one. For a "final film" deal, this just doesn't feel like it would have had that same pull.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I dunno if it that juncture they knew it was to he the finale.