What are some praise you would give director koji hashimoto?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
gfan84
Samurai

What are some praise you would give director koji hashimoto?

Post by gfan84 »

Since I have revived some comments about my Jin Fukuyama post I thought I could do something about koji hashimoto. Hashimoto is one of my top three non Honda directors. Why I put him there is because he created a GodZilla film that seemed the tone for the rest of the era as well as putting the franchise back in place after the 70s. What do you all think.

Added in 39 seconds:
By the way I meant to say Jun fukuda not Jim Fukuoka.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: What are some praise you would give director koji hashimoto?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

He directed my favorite Godzilla film in the Heisei series, The Return of Godzilla. So there's that.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: What are some praise you would give director koji hashimoto?

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Honestly, not much. I don't have anything inherently negative to say about him, but there just isn't really much to say at all (Speaking as someone who of course loves Return of Godzilla). He served as little more than a Yes-Man to Sakyo Komatsu on Sayonara Jupiter, and his work in ROG isn't much more impressive - pretty basic direction of human sequences, almost as if he agreed with the sentiment of them merely being there for exposition leading up to the extravagant SFX scenes. He seemed perfectly competent, and his work on the film, especially the "war room" scenes do a great job of emulating a typical "disaster" movie from the era and fit in perfectly with Nakano's apocalyptic effects scenes (This may be thanks to his role as assistant director on Submersion of Japan and Deathquake). Given he only directed two movies, both of which were special effects extravaganzas where his control was limited, its impossible to really judge him. Perhaps had he stood up to Komatsu a bit on Jupiter, we would have had a slightly better movie, but who knows (There wasn't any tension between the two accordingly, which only further cements my claims of him just doing what he was told).
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....