Favorite new Kaiju from the heisei series

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

Favorite kaiju from the heisei series

Poll ended at Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:54 pm

Biollante
56%
Battra
4%
Destoroyah
36%
SpaceGodzilla
4%

Total votes: 25

MegaGoji
Ronin

Favorite new Kaiju from the heisei series

Post by MegaGoji »

Out of all the new kaiju from the heisei is your guys favorite mine is Destoroyah :Destoroyah: he's Badass

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Favorite new Kaiju from the heisei series

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Battra is really interesting as a concept, from a lore perspective for Mothra. Cool design and muh beem weapons help too 😅
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Battra oozes untapped potential and I'd love to see him return, ideally in a recurring capacity in an ongoing series. In terms of what we actually have on screen so far, though, Biollante takes this. She's one of the greatest effects achievements of the genre, and well-utilized in one of the best movies of the genre.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Biollante no contest.

Her design and uniqueness as well as the puppetry that went into it...*Chef kiss*

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Destoroyah, but Biollante is a damn close second.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Although I haven't gotten around to watching any of the films in full yet, Biollante is my pick. Battra's a close second.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Destoroyah. Most versatility with their powers and evolutionary method being actual changes in a population rather than an individual, unlike pokemon or Shin Godzilla.
(I loved the jabs at Shin Goddzilla in Singular point about "that's not evolution", even if I think it was cool.)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Biollante has a rich story, and both forms were well done. I'd consider Biollante's second form to be the most terrifying kaiju created.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Biollante.

It's really no contest.

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

While I will say I like Godzilla vs Biollante more, Destroyah in both design and backstory is one of my favorite villains in the series period

Just the idea of a monster worse than G himself being spawned from the very same device that killed the original greatly ties into Dr. Serizawa’s fears of the oxygen destroyer being used as a weapon as it would be unleashing something more horrid than Godzilla (sure he probably wasn’t talking about a satanic crustacean Kaiju, but still)

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Biollante is a masterpiece of practical FX, and just a great kaiju all around.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Biollante.

It goes under appreciated these days how they took a rather silly concept, a giant mutated rose, and made it work so damn well in a Godzilla move. She remains so original for the franchise and her execution is pitch perfect. She doesn't have a lot of screen time in her movie, but every moment that her rose and final form are on screen make an impact.
If it bites... don't mess with it!