The Godzilla: The Series Thread

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

The Godzilla: The Series Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Decided to give this series another watch. Been a good, long time. Seeing the bios I did sometime ago *finally* popping up on TK puts me back in the mood for it. And I still love it. On episode 3. While it has direct ties to the 1998 abomination of a film, every episode itself feels so filled with love and appreciation for the actual franchise. Nick is such a better character here as well. Really, there's not a single character that is annoying. And the whole "you killed N.I.G.E.L.!" running gag never actually gets old, IMO.

Still love it all.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Godzilla: The Series Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Thousand times better than the movie, every episode I’ve seen so far is fun as hell.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I hold this show in the absolute highest of regards to this day, for one big reason:

It was my introduction to Godzilla.

S1E10, "Bird of Paradise" was the first piece of Godzilla media I ever watched, and nothing was ever the same from then on.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Mechabrozilla
Ronin

Post by Mechabrozilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:00 pm I hold this show in the absolute highest of regards to this day, for one big reason:

It was my introduction to Godzilla.
The 1998 movie was my introduction but TAS was a natural extension of it. Whenever I visited my grandmothers house for the holidays I'd religiously get up and get dressed in time to watch it.

And as much as I don't hold the movie in nearly as high regard as I did in my childhood (in fact I can't really find it in me to watch it anymore) I still think Zilla (and by extension, Jr) has an absolutely fantastic design and Jr was a redemption for the whole thing.

I've long since moved on and my Godzilla tastes have changed heavily but I'll always be able to go back and watch TAS and I made a point to pick up the RIC Deforeal of '98 just so I had something on my shelf to remember my introduction to Godzilla by. Shame there's so few official merch of it thats worth collecting (and/or the best things got cancelled. Rip Cyberzilla :cry:).

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Hot take: the movie is better.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:53 pm Hot take: the movie is better.
Ehhh I love the 98 movie myself but the series was just a much better adaptation of the Toho characters and story telling style of classic kaiju films.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

and it had some interesting new kaiju.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.