The Heisei Headcanon Thread

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
LegendZilla
Sazer

The Heisei Headcanon Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey everyone, LegendZilla here once again. Seeing as there's a thread dedicated to headcanons for the Showa era, why not let there be one for the Heisei as well? What theories do you have? I will like to share some of my own :

1. Time travel in the Heisei universe operates on Multiverse theory with The Futurians hailing from the original Showa timeline and unbeknownst to them, arrived in a parallel universe, specifically the one they intended to create. This idea is not my own, as someone a long time ago came up with it on a thread regarding the multiverse aspect of the Godzilla franchise as a whole. I find it intriguing nonetheless.

2. Psychic abilities like the one Miki has are dormant in every living creature that has a brain, including Godzilla himself.

3. Miki's powers in GvD were in decline due to her working them harder than usual in the previous film.

4. G-Force did not produce another mech like MechaG and MOGERA in GVD because they no longer had the funds.

5. Going of theory #2, The adult Godzilla Jr has his own dormant psychic powers unlocked somehow, causing him to feel what humans think and becoming Japan's benign guardian like the late Showa Godzilla. This idea shouldn't be too far fetched, because he did show hints of psychic abilities right from birth.

6. The scattered cells of various kaiju prove quite profitable on the black market.

Anyways, those are my ideas. Do you think they have merit? I look forward to seeing what ones you have. ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: The Heisei Headcanon Thread

Post by tbeasley »

I feel the series could be streamlined down to this and still make sense -

The Return of Godzilla
vs Biollante
vs King Ghidorah
vs Mechagodzilla II

With Destoroyah as an optional conclusion because I like the happy ending to Mechagodzilla II with Godzilla and Baby wading off to sea peacefully.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Heisei Headcanon Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

This could go here

Final Wars is the conclusion of the Heisei universe as the Godzila in Final Wars is Jr. Minila is an adopted son like Jr himself was adopted. Mothra is Leo in a new form and ROM also happened. Gorath was the Meteor Mothra stopped in 99. Keizer Ghidorah was the DNA Donner that created the Dorats.

Also had the Futurians not come back in time Mothra vs Bagan and Godzilla 3 were the original timeline.

ROM happens after Godzilla vs Destroyer. Jr is either sleeping or too far away to help Leo in these films.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image