A New Entry into the Heisei Timeline..how would you?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
godjacob
Futurian

Re: A New Entry into the Heisei Timeline..how would you?

Post by godjacob »

Erimaki Anguirus wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:11 am I would want a solo film with Godzilla Junior attacking Tokyo. Maybe he blames the people for his fathers death?!
I feel this would end up making Jr. feel like a copy of his father rather than his own distinct character, which should be the point of a Heisei continuation following his story.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jr more or less was becoming the second coming of Showa Godzilla from my understanding of the Heisei series and what Toho hinted might become of him.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Maaaan, now i really want a sequel to the Heisei series after reading all these. It’s the best, most popular, most recognizable Toho Godzilla era and it’s surprising how Toho has yet to capitalize on it in film form
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:38 am Maaaan, now i really want a sequel to the Heisei series after reading all these. It’s the best, most popular, most recognizable Toho Godzilla era and it’s surprising how Toho has yet to capitalize on it in film form
They're probably just having too much fun with their constant-reboot fetish. If the execs at Toho had Devantart accounts, they'd probably post all sorts of creepy artwork on just that.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Godzilla, Angurius, Eternal Mothra & Varan taking on Bagan.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

It seems like somewhere within the timeframe of the millenium series would have worked best. IMO it probably wouldn't work now.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

You could totally do a "throwback" Heisei film. Just a little wrap-up movie. Sure it's been a while, but a grown Godzilla Jr. tackling a new King Ghidorah from space or some such sounds like money to me.
That's the project that begs to be done with "traditional" tokusatsu techniques.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Lately I've been thinking that instead of taking place after GvD, a new Heisei entry should do something different. Maybe have it be a soft reboot of sorts, following after the events of the 80's duology while ignoring the 90's films.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:42 pm Lately I've been thinking that instead of taking place after GvD, a new Heisei entry should do something different. Maybe have it be a soft reboot of sorts, following after the events of the 80's duology while ignoring the Heisei films.
Expanding on this, we can make a movie where GvSG never happens and the whole world will be the better for it!
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:42 pm Lately I've been thinking that instead of taking place after GvD, a new Heisei entry should do something different. Maybe have it be a soft reboot of sorts, following after the events of the 80's duology while ignoring the Heisei films.
Expanding on this, we can make a movie where GvSG never happens and the whole world will be the better for it!
Literally every post-Heisei film is a movie where GvSG never happened.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think he will be more heroic and friendlier to humans because he has been somewhat raised by them as saw in GVMG2. And he’ll probably have allies like Mothra or even Angurius. As for the enemies, should be new and creative like biollante, and not a lazy Godzilla copy like SpaceGodzilla