Lost Project Discussion - Godzilla: Great Naval Battle

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lost Project Discussion - Godzilla: Great Naval Battle

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The possibilities for monsters from a similar origin as Godzilla is infinitely more interesting than a monster that is just a Godzilla clone. Likewise, as some mentioned, it’s interesting to have an underwater battle/scene that takes place for the bulk of the film.

While it’s probably a coincidence, this reminds me of the Devonian arc with Titanosaurus, Manda, and Gezora vs Godzilla in Godzilla rulers of the earth.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:57 am So... is it safe to say that we could've gotten Mechamanda?
Or something like Nurse from Ultraseven.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:15 pm The possibilities for monsters from a similar origin as Godzilla is infinitely more interesting than a monster that is just a Godzilla clone. Likewise, as some mentioned, it’s interesting to have an underwater battle/scene that takes place for the bulk of the film.

While it’s probably a coincidence, this reminds me of the Devonian arc with Titanosaurus, Manda, and Gezora vs Godzilla in Godzilla rulers of the earth.
Agreed, having monsters spawned from similar ways to Godzilla is not just more interesting but a very organic way to tie the narrative back to the original. I'd bring back Titanosaurus as the main creature Godzilla fights with two new sea kaiju. Whenever Titanosaurus properly returns, I want him to be handled with care and respect since he was one of the first kaiju I ever saw besides Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I've always wanted to see Titanosaurus return.

Since suits and water don't mix, this would be an ideal story to tell through animation.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Or they could have used effects to make it look like they were underwater like specific filters.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I would've liked these three new monsters to be rebooted versions of Ganimes, Gezora, and Kamoebas.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)