Talkback Thread #20: Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
CrimsonBloodX
Interpol Agent

Re: Talkback Thread #20: Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1993)

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Fredyla010 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 am
Arrow wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm One more thing:

The back-and-forth portrayal of Godzilla in this film's always amused me. One minute he's supposed to be a menace, the next minute he's supposed to be sympathetic. Who the hell am I supposed to comparateur assurance chat root for? If Mechagodzilla is a good guy, then shouldn't I be glad when he takes out Godzilla? If so, why am I supposed to be happy when Godzilla destroys it and goes back to the sea - free to haunt Japan another day? And why does Miki protest having to aid G-Force in killing Godzilla when she - and everyone else - knows it's the right thing to do? It's ridiculously confusing.
The Biollante theory for SpaceGodzilla's origin is correct.
Welcome to the forums!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Shoopwoop17
Monarch Researcher

Re: Talkback Thread #20: Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Watched this for the second time (I believe) last night, and I really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how fast Rodan seemed, and I'm also surprised this Mechagodzilla doesn't get more love. It's pretty badass, and it's theme is fantastic. Also this and Spacegodzilla are the best Heisei Godzilla looks, don't @me.

My biggest issue with the film is the depiction of "Pteranodon". The fact that they find a Pteranodon skeleton and then an egg that is bigger than said skeleton only to assume it's a Pteranodon egg is...a stretch at best. Also they call them flying dinosaurs, but that doesn't surprise me. But I enjoyed it.

Question: are the Mothra twins at the ESP school just supposed to be two girls who work there?
Last edited by Shoopwoop17 on Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

eabaker

Post by eabaker »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 am Question: are the Mothra twins at the ESP school just supposed to be two girls who work there?
Yeah, that was just supposed to be a little in-joke (like having Tadao Takashima taking a jab at Masahiro Takashima in the same scene). I've always found it more distracting than funny.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Shoopwoop17
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

eabaker wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 pm
Shoopwoop17 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 am Question: are the Mothra twins at the ESP school just supposed to be two girls who work there?
Yeah, that was just supposed to be a little in-joke (like having Tadao Takashima taking a jab at Masahiro Takashima in the same scene). I've always found it more distracting than funny.
My friend was convinced it was supposed to be them because the Heisei films try to be so consistent. But thats good to know, I'll definitely pass that along!
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.