Hesiei Godzilla film favorites from greatest to least!

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
three
Keizer

Re: Hesiei Godzilla film favorites from greatest to least!

Post by three »

kiryu42red wrote:
Kugasami wrote:
Goji wrote:^ I think the better question would be why is VS. MOTHRA his all time favorite.
I just found it very interesting with some well done action scenes.

all it was was basically walmart ruining our planet and indiana jones

i think people are unduely hard on that film. true, i myself didn't rank it highly. but by the same token, it wasn't bad; i'd still take it over space godzilla. and sometimes i get in the mood to see godzilla face one of his arch - foes. it also was the highest grossing of the films in the godzilla series which many of you may discount, but if people paid to see that movie the most they weren't making a mistake. i find that the ones who dislike it are so viamently outspoken about it it seems like it sucked, but wasn't all that bad.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Dogbert
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dogbert »

kiryu42red wrote:
Kugasami wrote:
Goji wrote:^ I think the better question would be why is VS. MOTHRA his all time favorite.
I just found it very interesting with some well done action scenes.

all it was was basically walmart ruining our planet and indiana jones
It's just my opinion!
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

1. Godzills vs Biollante ( hands down )
2. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
3. Return Of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985
4. Godzilla vs Destoroyah
5. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
6. Battle For the Earth.
7. Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

three wrote: it also was the highest grossing of the films in the godzilla series which many of you may discount, but if people paid to see that movie the most they weren't making a mistake.
I'm sorry man, but this doesn't really make any sense..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

While I am a GvsM:TBFE defender (not that it's a masterpiece or anything, but I find it a perfectly passable light entertainment), the ticket sales defense is not a strong one. It says at least as much about the popularity of Mothra from past movies, good will of the audience from the previous Godzilla movie, and Toho's advertising campaign as it does about the quality of the film itself.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

How much money a movie makes doesn't really determine if it is a good film or not. People can be interested and pay to see it for whatever the reason, but maybe not walk out of the theater happy.

Anyways, Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle for Earth isn't my least favorite Heisei Godzilla film, Spacegodzilla is at the moment. Although I may be re-watching both films soon.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Goji wrote:
three wrote: it also was the highest grossing of the films in the godzilla series which many of you may discount, but if people paid to see that movie the most they weren't making a mistake.
I'm sorry man, but this doesn't really make any sense..

can you read? but if people paid to see that movie [Godzilla vs Mothra TBFE] the most [more often than the rest] they [movie goers] weren't making a mistake [accidentally sitting through a movie they thought sucked].

sorry if i'm harsh about it, but you'd think that anyone with half a brain could make sense of something on their own and not go through the trouble of targeting one line to say something...stupid.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

^ what did you have against space godzilla?

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Opinions.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

wataru wrote:I like PARTS of BFTE, but alot of it just comes across odd..

Like Godzilla's head sculpt, the entire Indiana Jone inspired events and how Battra was ripped off by an immediate change to imago form. Also, he seemed to be forgotten until Mothra changed and ZOMG MAYBE BATTRA DID IT TOO?!

Parts of it I REALLY liked... Godzilla vs Battra, Battra's larval form, Mothra getting the spotlight and Battra and Mothra teaming up.

yeah. what is it with monsters and tag teaming?

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

kiryu42red wrote:
wataru wrote:I like PARTS of BFTE, but alot of it just comes across odd..

Like Godzilla's head sculpt, the entire Indiana Jone inspired events and how Battra was ripped off by an immediate change to imago form. Also, he seemed to be forgotten until Mothra changed and ZOMG MAYBE BATTRA DID IT TOO?!

Parts of it I REALLY liked... Godzilla vs Battra, Battra's larval form, Mothra getting the spotlight and Battra and Mothra teaming up.

yeah. what is it with monsters and tag teaming?
Well Mothra and Battra are related, so in this instance it makes sense.
SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

can you read? but if people paid to see that movie [Godzilla vs Mothra TBFE] the most [more often than the rest]
Geeee, YA DON'T SAY?
they [movie goers]
Uh-huh, still with you.
weren't making a mistake [accidentally sitting through a movie they thought sucked].
Here's where you lose me.

"accidentally sitting through a movie they thought sucked"..?

What the fuck does this even mean? What's your point?

The movie being the highest grossing Japanese Godzilla film doesn't mean jack shit. IRON MAN 3 made a -------- amount of $ on it's opening weekend. Would you argue that it's the best superhero film ever made? No, you probably wouldn't, would you?

It's a mediocre entry that had a wider appeal because of the presence of Mothra. "Anyone with half a brain" should be able to figure that out, and piece together why this entry was so popular with Japanese audiences.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

6 they should have stopped making iron man films after the avengers

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

three wrote:it also was the highest grossing of the films in the godzilla series which many of you may discount, but if people paid to see that movie the most they weren't making a mistake.
By your logic, Twilight is one of the best films of all time.
three wrote:sorry if i'm harsh about it, but you'd think that anyone with half a brain could make sense of something on their own and not go through the trouble of targeting one line to say something...stupid.
The irony here is astounding. Really, bravo. :lol:
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

MechaZillaClone
GPN Volunteer

Post by MechaZillaClone »

1) Godzilla vs Destroyah
2) Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2
3) Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
4) Godzilla vs Biollante
5) Return of Godzilla
6) Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla
7) Godzilla vs Mothra
Shadow Arena
Wins-0
Losses-2

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Goji wrote:
can you read? but if people paid to see that movie [Godzilla vs Mothra TBFE] the most [more often than the rest]
Geeee, YA DON'T SAY?
they [movie goers]
Uh-huh, still with you.
weren't making a mistake [accidentally sitting through a movie they thought sucked].
Here's where you lose me.

"accidentally sitting through a movie they thought sucked"..?

What the skreeonk does this even mean? What's your point?

The movie being the highest grossing Japanese Godzilla film doesn't mean jack shit. IRON MAN 3 made a -------- amount of $ on it's opening weekend. Would you argue that it's the best superhero film ever made? No, you probably wouldn't, would you?

It's a mediocre entry that had a wider appeal because of the presence of Mothra. "Anyone with half a brain" should be able to figure that out, and piece together why this entry was so popular with Japanese audiences.
i guess you can read. half of your insults were mine, recycled. maybe next time instead of trying to be just a jerk, you could tell me where i lost you? instead of just "man this just doesn't make sense, sorry". many people go to movies and buy tickets expecting to love a movie and just get stuck sitting through it because they don't wanna waste the money (movie tickets are always overpriced, i doubt anyone would argue). Mothra alone didn't rake in that appeal. Godzilla vs KG being made before it, with the addition of another popular monster who had it's own set of movies in a rematch helped that movie. so...to sum it up accidentally sitting through a movie is you or someone rather plops down the cash thinking "this movie will be great" not having a clue it won't be what they hoped and end up sitting through it to not waste the $10 it cost to get in.

before we go on with this, i don't want it to escalate and i could make it. so i'll drop my sword here and apologize, i've had mixed responses since joining this forum (some people are alright, some come off as just trying to impress themselves or stroke their egos, and i don't think you fall into the latter catagory). so you don't hafta apologize or anything, i started all this. but yea it should be clarified now. i hope.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

^Dude, don't be a drama queen, and please try not to take the forum that seriously.

Updated list, upon rewatching:
1. The Return of Godzilla
2. Godzilla vs. Biollante
3. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
4. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
5. Godzilla vs. Destroyah
6. Godzilla vs. Mothra
7. Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

tymon wrote:^Dude, don't be a drama queen, and please try not to take the forum that seriously.

Updated list, upon rewatching:
1. The Return of Godzilla
2. Godzilla vs. Biollante
3. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
4. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
5. Godzilla vs. Destroyah
6. Godzilla vs. Mothra
7. Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla
oh shut up. i'll be whatever i want. and i'll take the forum as seriously as i want. *side note: i'll also be extremely defensive, as i've said a few times this forum has offered a mixed bag of treatment. i must say, you've actually been one of the negative responses. if you're gonna criticize, can you actually criticize? not just pick at stuff in an..i guess annoying manner offering nothing but chuckles at what i said? yea maybe it's stupid to you but c'mon. at least be semi productive about it*. by the by, twilight wouldn't be one of the best films of all time following my logic, it could just be considered good through popularity. you could be the miniority in disliking something and wrong about how good it is (critically speaking) and how much a movie makes generally is indicative of how good a movie is. they tend to make more if they're good.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

three wrote:oh shut up. i'll be whatever i want. and i'll take the forum as seriously as i want. *side note: i'll also be extremely defensive, as i've said a few times this forum has offered a mixed bag of treatment. i must say, you've actually been one of the negative responses. if you're gonna criticize, can you actually criticize? not just pick at stuff in an..i guess annoying manner offering nothing but chuckles at what i said? yea maybe it's stupid to you but c'mon. at least be semi productive about it*. by the by, twilight wouldn't be one of the best films of all time following my logic, it could just be considered good through popularity. you could be the miniority in disliking something and wrong about how good it is (critically speaking) and how much a movie makes generally is indicative of how good a movie is. they tend to make more if they're good.
Keep this behavior and reaction to members up and you just might not be here eventually. Just because something is popular doesn't make it good.
SA

three
Keizer

Post by three »

GodzillaDude wrote:
three wrote:oh shut up. i'll be whatever i want. and i'll take the forum as seriously as i want. *side note: i'll also be extremely defensive, as i've said a few times this forum has offered a mixed bag of treatment. i must say, you've actually been one of the negative responses. if you're gonna criticize, can you actually criticize? not just pick at stuff in an..i guess annoying manner offering nothing but chuckles at what i said? yea maybe it's stupid to you but c'mon. at least be semi productive about it*. by the by, twilight wouldn't be one of the best films of all time following my logic, it could just be considered good through popularity. you could be the miniority in disliking something and wrong about how good it is (critically speaking) and how much a movie makes generally is indicative of how good a movie is. they tend to make more if they're good.
Keep this behavior and reaction to members up and you just might not be here eventually. Just because something is popular doesn't make it good.

i've been here more than a month already (two actually). that's not a "normal" reaction. nice follow up to exactly what the guy above you said though. but before this gets dragged on any further, i'd like to try to put us back on topic as i've thrown everything off. so, do either of you have a gripe with Desotroyah as the favorite or 1985 as the best (by a slim margin)?