What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Post Reply
User avatar
Kiryu2012
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Here, there, anywhere!
Contact:

What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Remembering the 'What If' thread I made in the Showa section of what if Anguirus had killed Godzilla and the theories that were made on that, I thought why not and decided on trying another 'What If' for the Heisei era.

Basically, what if Biollante killed Godzilla in their battle? How would that effect the Heisei series going forward?
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy poop man.
My DA

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10644
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s actually sort of irrelevant, because the Futurians would just resurrect Godzilla, or some other creature regardless.

According to Emi, the ANEB succeeded. Godzilla was basically dead from the ANEB and sleeping for hundreds of years. Maybe he’d eventually wake up, or be revived through some other means, but in any case he was gone for a good few hundred years. This caused the Futurians to hatch a plan wherein they create KG, which of course also leads to the incidental revival of Godzilla.

The real question is what if Godzilla wasn’t resurrected.
If you removed Godzilla from the equation and allow some of the events in the following films to be carried out, then it’s drastically different. Presumably the events of Mothra vs Godzilla would play out, but with Godzilla deleted from the equation and Mothra making peace. No Godzilla means no MKG, which also means no MG and Moguera. Rodan might exist, as would junior, but I doubt anyone would be so interested in baby Godzilla for it to lure Rodan into Tokyo. Likewise, even if SG existed through Biollante cells, it would get no reason to come to earth. Destoroyah would exist, but it’s believable it would be dealt with by the JDSF/super x-3.

Basically, Mothra vs Battra, a Rodan attack, and Destoroyah waking up would all happen, but it wouldn’t be as catastrophic as one might think. The worst thing imaginable is a reality in which KG exists, but Godzilla doesn’t, and that would be the end of Japan and the world as we know it.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Legion1979
Sazer
Posts: 12295
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Legion1979 »

So the question is...what if Toho had ended the Heisei series after 2 films?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by darthzilla99 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:32 pm It’s actually sort of irrelevant, because the Futurians would just resurrect Godzilla, or some other creature regardless.

According to Emi, the ANEB succeeded. Godzilla was basically dead from the ANEB and sleeping for hundreds of years. Maybe he’d eventually wake up, or be revived through some other means, but in any case he was gone for a good few hundred years. This caused the Futurians to hatch a plan wherein they create KG, which of course also leads to the incidental revival of Godzilla.

The real question is what if Godzilla wasn’t resurrected.
If you removed Godzilla from the equation and allow some of the events in the following films to be carried out, then it’s drastically different. Presumably the events of Mothra vs Godzilla would play out, but with Godzilla deleted from the equation and Mothra making peace. No Godzilla means no MKG, which also means no MG and Moguera. Rodan might exist, as would junior, but I doubt anyone would be so interested in baby Godzilla for it to lure Rodan into Tokyo. Likewise, even if SG existed through Biollante cells, it would get no reason to come to earth. Destoroyah would exist, but it’s believable it would be dealt with by the JDSF/super x-3.

Basically, Mothra vs Battra, a Rodan attack, and Destoroyah waking up would all happen, but it wouldn’t be as catastrophic as one might think. The worst thing imaginable is a reality in which KG exists, but Godzilla doesn’t, and that would be the end of Japan and the world as we know it.
That also begs another question: If Godzilla is not revived, does Emi, M-11, and Teresawa succeed in destroying the Futurians computer controlling King Ghidorah? That right there already has two divergent timelines.
"Your not coming off as cocky. You come off as an idiot" by SBK.

Logan268
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Logan268 »

darthzilla99 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:33 pm
That also begs another question: If Godzilla is not revived, does Emi, M-11, and Teresawa succeed in destroying the Futurians computer controlling King Ghidorah? That right there already has two divergent timelines.
I personally think they do succeed and it is Ghidorah who destroys the Mothership before going on his merry way rather then continuing to destroy Japan

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6972
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by edgaguirus »

Biollante might come to Japan's defense with the threat of KG and Destroyah, but would not interfere with Mothra and Battra. Rodan would come to Japan to find Baby Godzilla and take it back to the island. As others have said, MG and Moguera would not exist, but you'd still have the SX3 to deal with Destroyah.
Walk this way...This way.

Remember this, Dr. Glendon, the werewolf instinctively seeks to kill the thing it loves best.

User avatar
Breakdown
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 7368
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Hollow

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Breakdown »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:32 pm It’s actually sort of irrelevant, because the Futurians would just resurrect Godzilla, or some other creature regardless.

According to Emi, the ANEB succeeded. Godzilla was basically dead from the ANEB and sleeping for hundreds of years. Maybe he’d eventually wake up, or be revived through some other means, but in any case he was gone for a good few hundred years. This caused the Futurians to hatch a plan wherein they create KG, which of course also leads to the incidental revival of Godzilla.

The real question is what if Godzilla wasn’t resurrected.
If you removed Godzilla from the equation and allow some of the events in the following films to be carried out, then it’s drastically different. Presumably the events of Mothra vs Godzilla would play out, but with Godzilla deleted from the equation and Mothra making peace. No Godzilla means no MKG, which also means no MG and Moguera. Rodan might exist, as would junior, but I doubt anyone would be so interested in baby Godzilla for it to lure Rodan into Tokyo. Likewise, even if SG existed through Biollante cells, it would get no reason to come to earth. Destoroyah would exist, but it’s believable it would be dealt with by the JDSF/super x-3.

Basically, Mothra vs Battra, a Rodan attack, and Destoroyah waking up would all happen, but it wouldn’t be as catastrophic as one might think. The worst thing imaginable is a reality in which KG exists, but Godzilla doesn’t, and that would be the end of Japan and the world as we know it.
It's also possible Biollante would return and defeat Ghidorah and Battra. Biollante could absolutely defeat Ghidorah as well as Battra, however Destoroyah would likely need JSDF intervention to defeat.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6972
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by edgaguirus »

Biollante vs KG- People from the future warn Japan that without Godzilla, they will soon be vulnerable to a beast called Ghidorah. Their warning comes true, and the Futurians offer a computer to help fight the three headed monster. Biollante, meanwhile, returns, and tries to destroy this computer. Miki and others discover the Futurians are controlling KG in an attempt to alter Japan's future. Our heroes destroy the villains and their computer, and Biollante kills KG.

Biollante vs SG- In the future, Japan establishes a colony on another world. Their peaceful start is soon broken when an alien creature resembling Godzilla comes to the planet. This monster seems intent on colonizing the world for itself, and the humans fight for their new home. When their weapons prove powerless, one scientist has a radical idea. He has a piece of Biollante, and considers planting it. Some think the piece of rose/Godzilla has drawn the invader and oppose the plan. The scientist defies his peers and does it anyway. A new Biollante rises from the alien soil and does battle with SG.

Biollante vs Destroyah- Dead fish appear on Japan's shore, and the cause is unknown. Things get worse when a man on a drifting ship claim "water demons" killed the crew. Sand found on the ship shows no signs of oxygen, and the ship's position turns out to coincide to where the first Godzilla was killed by the oxygen destroyer. The water demons soon ashore and attack. As special forces deal with them, science finds that these creatures are ancient anaerobic lifeforms mutated by the OD. Biollante returns but has a hard time dealing with the swarm of smaller Destroyahs. Science finds the Destroyahs are vulnerable to cold, and a new version of the SX, the SX3, is sent into action. The Destroyahs respond by becoming a giant. Biollante and the SX3 work together to bring down the near unstoppable Destroyah.
Walk this way...This way.

Remember this, Dr. Glendon, the werewolf instinctively seeks to kill the thing it loves best.

User avatar
Voyager
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Fulda Gap

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Voyager »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm Biollante vs KG- People from the future warn Japan that without Godzilla, they will soon be vulnerable to a beast called Ghidorah. Their warning comes true, and the Futurians offer a computer to help fight the three headed monster. Biollante, meanwhile, returns, and tries to destroy this computer. Miki and others discover the Futurians are controlling KG in an attempt to alter Japan's future. Our heroes destroy the villains and their computer, and Biollante kills KG.

Biollante vs SG- In the future, Japan establishes a colony on another world. Their peaceful start is soon broken when an alien creature resembling Godzilla comes to the planet. This monster seems intent on colonizing the world for itself, and the humans fight for their new home. When their weapons prove powerless, one scientist has a radical idea. He has a piece of Biollante, and considers planting it. Some think the piece of rose/Godzilla has drawn the invader and oppose the plan. The scientist defies his peers and does it anyway. A new Biollante rises from the alien soil and does battle with SG.

Biollante vs Destroyah- Dead fish appear on Japan's shore, and the cause is unknown. Things get worse when a man on a drifting ship claim "water demons" killed the crew. Sand found on the ship shows no signs of oxygen, and the ship's position turns out to coincide to where the first Godzilla was killed by the oxygen destroyer. The water demons soon ashore and attack. As special forces deal with them, science finds that these creatures are ancient anaerobic lifeforms mutated by the OD. Biollante returns but has a hard time dealing with the swarm of smaller Destroyahs. Science finds the Destroyahs are vulnerable to cold, and a new version of the SX, the SX3, is sent into action. The Destroyahs respond by becoming a giant. Biollante and the SX3 work together to bring down the near unstoppable Destroyah.
How would SpaceGodzilla exist in this timeline? There was no encounter with Mothra and Biollante obviously never died…
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6972
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by edgaguirus »

To answer the question, Biollante kills Godzilla and then turns back into spores and goes into Earth orbit like in the movie. A stray spore or two drift off into the cosmos, and then SG is created as usual.
Walk this way...This way.

Remember this, Dr. Glendon, the werewolf instinctively seeks to kill the thing it loves best.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Justiriser
Posts: 15888
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:32 pm It’s actually sort of irrelevant, because the Futurians would just resurrect Godzilla, or some other creature regardless.

According to Emi, the ANEB succeeded. Godzilla was basically dead from the ANEB and sleeping for hundreds of years. Maybe he’d eventually wake up, or be revived through some other means, but in any case he was gone for a good few hundred years. This caused the Futurians to hatch a plan wherein they create KG, which of course also leads to the incidental revival of Godzilla.

The real question is what if Godzilla wasn’t resurrected.
If you removed Godzilla from the equation and allow some of the events in the following films to be carried out, then it’s drastically different. Presumably the events of Mothra vs Godzilla would play out, but with Godzilla deleted from the equation and Mothra making peace. No Godzilla means no MKG, which also means no MG and Moguera. Rodan might exist, as would junior, but I doubt anyone would be so interested in baby Godzilla for it to lure Rodan into Tokyo. Likewise, even if SG existed through Biollante cells, it would get no reason to come to earth. Destoroyah would exist, but it’s believable it would be dealt with by the JDSF/super x-3.

Basically, Mothra vs Battra, a Rodan attack, and Destoroyah waking up would all happen, but it wouldn’t be as catastrophic as one might think. The worst thing imaginable is a reality in which KG exists, but Godzilla doesn’t, and that would be the end of Japan and the world as we know it.
Actually they don't have to. Ghidorah was created because Japan was lied to and said Godzilla would asked from the ANEB which he never did.

If Godzilla is dead however the entire plan would have to change. King Ghidorah probably just shows up in 1992.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

User avatar
Desghidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Desghidorah »

Biollante fought an 80 meter tall Godzilla and it was mostly a draw, with a Godzilla who'd already gone several rounds with the Super-X2 and was weakened by ANEB. Godzilla got much larger and stronger in Vs. KG, and then got additional power-ups in Vs. MG2, and then there's the burning form which acts as an even bigger multiplier. Destoroyah's weakness is extreme temperatures and it still went multiple rounds with an absolutely turbo-charged Godzilla who was exuding something it was weak to.

Destoroyah is very, very tanky. Yes it has a weakness, but actually having enough firepower to exploit that weakness is a whole different problem. I highly doubt the Super-X3 or JSDF/G-Force weapons could suitably stop it without a Burning Godzilla to do the lion's share of the damage and draw all the aggro. As loved as Biollante is, because the design, movie, and plot behind her as awesome; I do think she is a bit exaggerated. Unless she also got power-ups over the course of the Heisei run, I don't see Bio or G-Force, together or alone, beating Destoroyah without a Burning Godzilla equivalent.

If Bio doesn't return, the Futurians are free to run-shop and likely wind-up leveling most of Japan with Ghidorah. Mothra and Battra might be able to stop Futurian Ghidorah, but the situation gets really bad if SpaceGodzilla arises no matter who won that fight. Destoryah is inevitable, and if it doesn't get stopped ASAP before it reaches its final form I don't like those odds for Japan.
Image

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5079
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Desghidorah wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:32 pm Destoroyah's weakness is extreme temperatures and it still went multiple rounds with an absolutely turbo-charged Godzilla who was exuding something it was weak to.

Destoroyah is very, very tanky. Yes it has a weakness, but actually having enough firepower to exploit that weakness is a whole different problem. I highly doubt the Super-X3 or JSDF/G-Force weapons could suitably stop it without a Burning Godzilla to do the lion's share of the damage and draw all the aggro.
To add onto this, as much as Destoroyah’s weakness to cold is mentioned, the Aggregate pretty much shrugs off the freeze tanks that were decimating the Juveniles. Presumably the Perfect Form would have an even greater resistance to cold, and has a beam that the Super X-3 isn’t suited to endure, as Heisei Godzilla’s beam is pretty much all heat, they hardcore focused on making the Super X-3 heatproof. Which means a beam with anything other than just sheer heat is going to have a much greater effect on the Super X-3.
Second in Command & Primary Verifier of the KWCE

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

User avatar
Desghidorah
G-Grasper
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by Desghidorah »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 pm
Desghidorah wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:32 pm Destoroyah's weakness is extreme temperatures and it still went multiple rounds with an absolutely turbo-charged Godzilla who was exuding something it was weak to.

Destoroyah is very, very tanky. Yes it has a weakness, but actually having enough firepower to exploit that weakness is a whole different problem. I highly doubt the Super-X3 or JSDF/G-Force weapons could suitably stop it without a Burning Godzilla to do the lion's share of the damage and draw all the aggro.
To add onto this, as much as Destoroyah’s weakness to cold is mentioned, the Aggregate pretty much shrugs off the freeze tanks that were decimating the Juveniles. Presumably the Perfect Form would have an even greater resistance to cold, and has a beam that the Super X-3 isn’t suited to endure, as Heisei Godzilla’s beam is pretty much all heat, they hardcore focused on making the Super X-3 heatproof. Which means a beam with anything other than just sheer heat is going to have a much greater effect on the Super X-3.
Precisely. G-Force without Burning Godzilla would have been completely destroyed (heh) trying to fight Destoroyah solo. Even with other monsters to help, that's hardly assurance. Honestly, Destoroyah's relation to extreme temperatures comes off less as it being a genuine weakness like kryptonite is to Superman; and more like the thing is so extremely hard to kill any other way that extreme temperatures are just about the only thing that can actually damage it.
Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Justiriser
Posts: 15888
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by miguelnuva »

Desghidorah wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:53 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 pm
Desghidorah wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:32 pm Destoroyah's weakness is extreme temperatures and it still went multiple rounds with an absolutely turbo-charged Godzilla who was exuding something it was weak to.

Destoroyah is very, very tanky. Yes it has a weakness, but actually having enough firepower to exploit that weakness is a whole different problem. I highly doubt the Super-X3 or JSDF/G-Force weapons could suitably stop it without a Burning Godzilla to do the lion's share of the damage and draw all the aggro.
To add onto this, as much as Destoroyah’s weakness to cold is mentioned, the Aggregate pretty much shrugs off the freeze tanks that were decimating the Juveniles. Presumably the Perfect Form would have an even greater resistance to cold, and has a beam that the Super X-3 isn’t suited to endure, as Heisei Godzilla’s beam is pretty much all heat, they hardcore focused on making the Super X-3 heatproof. Which means a beam with anything other than just sheer heat is going to have a much greater effect on the Super X-3.
Precisely. G-Force without Burning Godzilla would have been completely destroyed (heh) trying to fight Destoroyah solo. Even with other monsters to help, that's hardly assurance. Honestly, Destoroyah's relation to extreme temperatures comes off less as it being a genuine weakness like kryptonite is to Superman; and more like the thing is so extremely hard to kill any other way that extreme temperatures are just about the only thing that can actually damage it.
Destroyah was weak to extreme cold. Burning Godzilla's power not just the heat is what was weakening him.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6972
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by edgaguirus »

Getting back to Biollante....

It's possible to make Biollante stronger by continuing its evolution. Godzilla's genes turned the flower into a more animal kaiju. In further films, you could show the Godzilla cells continuing to change the hybrid monster into something less flower and more Godzilla. In G vs Biollante, Miki does say that she sensed more of Godzilla than Erika in Biollante, so it makes perfect sense for Biollante to develope into a more Godzilla like kaiju over time. The question is how far would Godzilla's influence go?
Walk this way...This way.

Remember this, Dr. Glendon, the werewolf instinctively seeks to kill the thing it loves best.

Online
User avatar
LegendZilla
Keizer
Posts: 8308
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: What if Biollante killed Godzilla?

Post by LegendZilla »

There should be a whole thread for "What-if" Scenarios.

Post Reply