Heisei Series: Head Canon & Theories

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Heisei Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by miguelnuva »

Since Showa got one how about one for Heisei

- Adult Jr basically becomes 70's Showa Godzilla for the Heisei Series. Biollante and Mothra will later Join him as Earth's defense. Emperor Ghidorah will wake up and eventually arrive on Earth.

This next one is pure head canon

-The Rebirth series is a soft reboot sequel to the Heisei films. Jr was sleep during the events of ROM 1, ROM2 he was too far away and ROM3 took place over too quick of a period for him to interfere do to time travel.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Heisei Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

- The Biollante theory for SpaceGodzilla's origin is correct.

- Miki and Koji got into a relationship and eventually married.

- Anguirus exists in this continuity. He just hasn't been involved in any of Japan's monster incidents.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Godzilla Junior did not become benevolent towards humankind; due to being a social animal that now suffered from social neglect from his father's death, he became just as dangerous to humanity as his father was.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mothra was the cause of Spacegodzilla. This is why the Fairy Mothra and the Cosmos play such a big part in the film, due to their culpability and their awareness of the threat.

Biollante eventually settled on some random planet and began to terraform it and in turn creating lesser creatures from shed plants, more or less becoming the dominant species aka Godzilla Earth. She's defended it from space monsters and in the future, humanity's prying eyes.

King Ghidorah's existence is a Bootstrap paradox. Aside from the obvious one that it's body only exists in 1992 because of the Futurians, the Dorats were made with DNA from THAT Ghidorah's body.

The civilization the Cosmos were a part of and Battra destroyed were a version of Mu.

Destroyah is a terrified individual. It's not some kind of omnicidal maniac or scheming villian, it's an animal who is trying to survive and constantly trying to get the upper hand on everything in existence trying to kill it for seemingly no reason. The worst act it did, killing Junior, was at best, a callous act to protect itself from the only thing that had ever killed it.

Similarly, while Destroyah is dangerous and wild, there's a possibility of it having a Showa Godzilla arc imo.

Yamato Takeru takes place within the Heisei universe as a historical event.

Godzilla 98 is a female and so is the rest of the species. Yes, even The Series one. Tatopolus just really sucks at understanding the biology.

Every "Godzilla" 1998 is born with a slightly different mutation. Toon Zilla is stronger, sterile and has better atomic breath because of her mutation; some might have mutated to look more like OUR Godzilla, etc.

The other Daiei aliens existed in the Heisei verse but were wiped out by Legion.

RIP Evan.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Here's my headcanons and theories:
  • Heisei Godzilla and 1954 Godzilla are separate individuals in canon already, but my headcanon is that Heisei Godzilla is the father of 1954 Godzilla. That would make Godzilla Jr. the adopted brother of Godzilla '54!
  • While the line was just created for the Americanization, Steve Martin's line in Godzilla 1985 that Godzilla is "looking for something" is true: that thing being Shindo. His visits to Japan in RoG, GvB, and GvKG are all primarily driven by a desire to find and exact revenge on the one human he mistakenly blames for everything he's gone through. This is why he never purposefully goes to Japan "just because" again in the rest of the series (in GvM it's basically an accident, in GvMG2 he's looking for Baby, in GvSG he's looking for Space Godzilla to get revenge, and in Destroyah he's looking for Junior).
  • The bird song sonic weapon wasn't forgotten, they off-camera try it in GvB first but it no longer works because Godzilla's wised up. Same for the ANEB: it's determined post GvKG that he's developed an immunity to the bacteria.
  • When Emi in GvKG says that they lied about Godzilla destroying Japan, because in reality he'd "soon disappeared" that was actually a reference to Godzilla's meltdown and death just four years later. Junior, being much more docile, presumably returned to the sea and never became the menace his father had become.
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Pkmatrix wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:51 pm Here's my headcanons and theories:
  • Heisei Godzilla and 1954 Godzilla are separate individuals in canon already, but my headcanon is that Heisei Godzilla is the father of 1954 Godzilla. That would make Godzilla Jr. the adopted brother of Godzilla '54!
  • While the line was just created for the Americanization, Steve Martin's line in Godzilla 1985 that Godzilla is "looking for something" is true: that thing being Shindo. His visits to Japan in RoG, GvB, and GvKG are all primarily driven by a desire to find and exact revenge on the one human he mistakenly blames for everything he's gone through. This is why he never purposefully goes to Japan "just because" again in the rest of the series (in GvM it's basically an accident, in GvMG2 he's looking for Baby, in GvSG he's looking for Space Godzilla to get revenge, and in Destroyah he's looking for Junior).
  • The bird song sonic weapon wasn't forgotten, they off-camera try it in GvB first but it no longer works because Godzilla's wised up. Same for the ANEB: it's determined post GvKG that he's developed an immunity to the bacteria.
  • When Emi in GvKG says that they lied about Godzilla destroying Japan, because in reality he'd "soon disappeared" that was actually a reference to Godzilla's meltdown and death just four years later. Junior, being much more docile, presumably returned to the sea and never became the menace his father had become.
The ANEB I believe just couldn't be made anymore to my knowledge. I've also see sources say it can't work on him with his 100m power up, he's too strong now.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

See, the way I headcanoned it was just like Shin, Heisei Godzilla has a ability to evolve past threats as well, he just can't do it instantly. So the bird sonic stopped working because he evolved it away in the 5 years in Mount Mihara, his second brain disappeared between 1994 and 1995, etc.

ANB kind of has an explanation: Shinoda's nuke counteracted the lions share of its effects as it supercharged Goji

RIP Evan.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:12 am See, the way I headcanoned it was just like Shin, Heisei Godzilla has a ability to evolve past threats as well, he just can't do it instantly. So the bird sonic stopped working because he evolved it away in the 5 years in Mount Mihara, his second brain disappeared between 1994 and 1995, etc.

ANB kind of has an explanation: Shinoda's nuke counteracted the lions share of its effects as it supercharged Goji
That is how I saw it. Same goes for after Mechagodzilla. I believe Godzilla has evolved some kind of defense against paralysis from losing his second rain. It could be any number of things. Less dependence on it. Maybe a backup brain. Maybe even fortifying the existing brains. Some may find that far fetched but I think it makes more sense than a weakness vanishing for no reason or humans just being very forgetful.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

The Mysterians occurred in 1957, granted on a smaller scale. This is why no one was particularly shocked when the UFO for the futurians appeared in the 1990s as aliens had been an established fact. Reverse engineering some of their technology is why there is super X airplanes and maser technology in the 1980s, but it's to a limited extent.

*Edit *
A friend just informed me apparently one of the compendium or guide books either states or heavily implies this actually happened. Not entirely sure if it did or not, wording might be vague, but still fun fact to think of given this continuity is pretty much the only one with almost no aliens until the MV.

Anywho, other ideas

-Not every instance of time travel is a stable time loop, it is possible to change history; it's just this particular instance with them trying to change the fate of the 1980s to 1990s Godzilla didn't work. Perhaps originally it survived its injuries and made its way towards the Bering Sea by its own volition. With nuclear testing and weapons being as prolific as they got through the 1960s to '70s, it might have been just inevitable that it would have round up a irradiated at some point or another anyways. All the futurians did was just speed up the process.

-Belvera is the priestess assistant to Battra and a reason for her hatred of humanity for a while was because of her master's death.

-Several Showa monsters such as King Caesar and Anguirus exist in this canon, but never awakened.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am pretty sure I set up a thread for this topic. Anyways, I have a ton of ideas.

1. Psychic abilities are dormant in all living things in the Heisei universe, including Godzilla himself.
2. Miki got married a few years after the events of GvD, but eventually divorced . She a daughter through said marriage.
3. Miki's has a strained relationship with her daughter, who wants a normal life with nothing to do with Godzilla.
4. The daughter eventually has a child of her own, a son has psychic powers that skipped a generation.
5. Mothra as not able to destroy the asteroid en route for Earth in 1999, but she was able to change its trajectory and cause it to crash on Venus instead.
6. Said Asteroid turns out to be the Heisei timeline's real King Ghidorah. The one used by the Futurians as an imperfect clone via the dorats being made from the DNA of the original who crashed on Venus in the Futurian's timeline.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Here are my headcanons and fantheories:

1. Godzilla was once an alpha male of his territory but most of his species died for unknown reasons.

2. The Mothra we see is actually rebirth, since there’s a cave art showing an imago Mothra and Battra fighting each other. This leads me to believe Mothra fought a Kaiju and actually died, which hasn’t been mentioned.

3. Battra will be revived in the future, since he was created from the Earth itself.

4. SpaceGodzilla isn’t Biollante, instead Biollante’s cells end up on an unknown planet and her spores create life itself.

5. Anguirus exists in this continuity, along with King Kong.

6. Mothra heads out to help an alien civilization from an unknown threat which is why she never returns to Earth.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The Godzilla and Rodan rivalry had been dated back to their respective ancestors: Godzillasaurus and 'Rodanosaurus'.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

The Futurians caused reality to get screwed up.

In my eyes, they possibly were from a future version of the Showa Timeline. All the advanced sciences and inventions across that series, as well as many of those inventors being Japanese or working with the Japanese government, coupled with a strong push for a more robust self defense force due to it raining aliens and kaiju, helped give Japan an economic booster shot. The global devastation from DaM also opened up the chance to basically buy up countries ravaged by the attacks, especially the smaller ones.

But the Futurians tried to arrange a scenario to knock Japan down a peg. They first tried to coax groups into attacking Japan, this is why so many aliens seem to have knowledge of Japan they otherwise shouldn't have easily had without mass infiltration (and we only really saw the Nebulans and Simians do that and only on a very mind scale). But the constant thorn in their side was Godzilla getting in the way. Thus, going off the opening scene in the novelization (as it doesn't conflict with anything in the film and was Tanaka's intent), they set about an idea to remove Godzilla from history and create their own version of one of his strongest yet more controllable foes, King Ghidorah. This kicked off the events in GvKG.

However, their meddling with the past on multiple occasions now caused enough distortions to reality that history itself was overwritten. The Infant Islanders were wiped out of existence, leaving behind just the two fairies. In retribution for the meddling, this was now a much grimmer timeline, with the magical life of the planet creating the stage for Battra to eventually appear. Most aliens now never found Earth, explaining the lack of them in the Heisei series. Certain monsters never emerged like Hedorah, whereas others were changed with the two rodan in Mt. Aso never appearing.

The timeline detected a shift with their meddling and stabilized itself, snapping back to cohesion with a loop. Now the Godzillasaur, originally fated to be mutated in 1954 and emerge in 1955 as the 2nd Godzilla to battle Anguirus; was instead dormant in the Bering Sea for several decades. But the timeline snapping back to cohesion set the stage for it to become a Godzilla after all, and all the Futurians managed was just delaying its arrival by about three decades. This is also why plenty of the Showa era elements returned to prominence in the post-1990 Heisei era. After the second Showa era monster, cloned from the Showa Ghidorah, appeared in GvKG, the timeline is trying to correct itself with old faces in new circumstance. The Rodans in Mt. Aso are either dormant or no longer exist, so a Pteranodon on Adona Island mutated to heavily resemble them. Mechagodzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Destoroyah all are pieces of fate emerged from the timeline correcting itself, and the Heisei Godzilla is essentially an alternate version of the 2nd Showa Godzilla.

Some elements couldn't be changed, such as the 1954 attack and perhaps maybe the Mysterian attack 3 years later (explaining the maser tech in 1984 and why the UFO isn't dismissed outright in GvKG as aliens did appear before).

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The Godzillasaurus wasn't protecting the Japanese from the Americans, it merely was defending its own territory.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Miki and Koji get engaged, marry and have a daughter, but eventually divorce.

Said daughter does not inherit her mother's powers, but instead they skip a generation to her toddler son.

Psychic powers like that of Miki's is dormant in all living beings and using certain methods, can be tapped into and unlocked.

Kenichi Yamane is currently head of G-Force and is a rather unpopular leader due to his cold and unfeeling attitude.

Plans are made using Futurian tech to terraform and eventually colonize Earth's neighboring planets in the solar system.

The real King Ghidorah was contained within the asteroid headed towards Earth in 1992, with Mothra only being able to change its course and it lands on Venus.

Eventually, a second Rodan is discovered laying dormant in Mt. Aso, Kyushu.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla Jr takes on a role like GTS Goji, helping the humans fight monsters and such. Really close with the human cast from the Heisei films.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

When Miki asked Yuki if he considered Godzilla his enemy, Yuki only said he’s “a great creature after all” just to get Miki to finally shut up and stop bugging him to change his opinion.

That fucker didn’t let go of shit. He held onto his grudge right to Godzilla’s end, and was laughing inside when G melted down in vs Destoroyah.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
So I’m the first cricket to post here in two years.

Oof.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:43 pm When Miki asked Yuki if he considered Godzilla his enemy, Yuki only said he’s “a great creature after all” just to get Miki to finally shut up and stop bugging him to change his opinion.

That fucker didn’t let go of shit. He held onto his grudge right to Godzilla’s end, and was laughing inside when G melted down in vs Destoroyah.

Oof.
He's going to become a depressed drunk when he realizes the Godzilla that died was not the one who killed his friend.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:59 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:43 pm When Miki asked Yuki if he considered Godzilla his enemy, Yuki only said he’s “a great creature after all” just to get Miki to finally shut up and stop bugging him to change his opinion.

Oof.
He's going to become a depressed drunk when he realizes the Godzilla that died was not the one who killed his friend.
Yes it was. Just smaller.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:45 am
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:59 pm

Oof.
Yes it was. Just smaller.
The 84-89 Godzilla is technically not the 91-95 Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image