GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
G-Matt
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Post by G-Matt »

goji1986 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 am
omgitsgodzilla wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 am So they did use the LD audio? I thought they couldn't find it and used the VHS instead.
IIRC the VHS audio has that warble in the soundtrack when the Super X2 launches and that’s not present on the BD.
That warble is still on the Blu-ray.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

Perils of being an early adopter, I have silent audio tracks as well. But the original theatrical mix was stereo, not 5.1, I believe, so I think I can manage without spending lots of money on an aftermarket replacement disc. Plus I don't have a 5.1 setup with an LCD display anyway :)

The English audio track on the original disc is dual mono, the two tracks appear to be identical, so I think we're spared the clipping if nothing else.

Having grabbed a recording of the laserdisc, the audio is not great. I hear what could be clipping on the right side, but whatever it is, it would need significant work to make it Blu-ray worthy. In fact, you could even go so far to say that the noise and distortion on the one side is the most distinctive stereo quality of the laserdisc :-P
Last edited by Great Hierophant on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

G-Matt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:50 am
goji1986 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 am
omgitsgodzilla wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 am So they did use the LD audio? I thought they couldn't find it and used the VHS instead.
IIRC the VHS audio has that warble in the soundtrack when the Super X2 launches and that’s not present on the BD.
That warble is still on the Blu-ray.
Dammit. I should have checked for sure, but for some reason I thought it wasn’t present.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132