Eureka to Release Mothra '61

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Bisaju
Ronin

Re: Eureka to Release Mothra '61

Post by Bisaju »

I've been getting eureka and other british blurays for other films like jackie chan and the likes. I would recommend people get a all region player to open up. Also someone said they were hesitant about ordering overseas. I've been doing it since june and never had a major problem. Maybe a lil longer a wait or a fast one if ordering directly from the website. Like my arrow gamera set got here within 3 days. That was nuts.

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Eureka's encodes are sometimes superior for the pixel peepers...

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

For those interested, this is now shipping. I ordered directly from Eureka, and it arrived today. Its packed with a booklet containing some essays and viewing reference materials, as well as a poster. The cover is also reversible to the original Japanese poster image. I am going to try and watch it this evening.

Last edited by Star Falcon on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jet Faguar
Ronin

Post by Jet Faguar »

Can confirm it fixes the editing issue that occurs with the US releases found here.
Also contains an isolated music and sound effects track too (BIOS has one also).

Need subs? Click here.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Jet Faguar wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:44 amAlso contains an isolated music and sound effects track too (BIOS has one also).
I was really surprised about that addition.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

I guess it didn't end up actually having the Champion festival cut?
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

heiseigodzilla425
GPN Volunteer

Post by heiseigodzilla425 »

Purzel2205 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 am I guess it didn't end up actually having the Champion festival cut?
Correct, it is not included on the disc.

I checked it in MakeMKV (just in case it was inaccessible from the menu), and it is not on the disc.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Was the sync error in the dub fixed as well? Got my set but haven't had a chance to dig through it. Such a shame we weren't able to get the champion cut. But it's awesome that they tried.

Just checked my disc and sadly the dub sync error is still present. Sad to see they didn't fix it either.
Last edited by G-MAN on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:43 pm Whoops.
Yikes, that's pretty embarrassing...
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Yep. When I took a look at the booklet, I instantly said: "Eureka, you had one job."
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Wow. Just wow.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

The Killer Meteor
Yojimbo

Post by The Killer Meteor »

The Japanese version also removes the subtitle of Honda's credit from its right place, and instead sticks it part way through a dialogue scene!
Last edited by The Killer Meteor on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

From reading, this looks like a better package than the MillCreek one last year. Although, that little mix up is a pretty, pretty big oopsie.

So a definite no on the Champion cut?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

heiseigodzilla425
GPN Volunteer

Post by heiseigodzilla425 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:32 pm From reading, this looks like a better package than the MillCreek one last year. Although, that little mix up is a pretty, pretty big oopsie.

So a definite no on the Champion cut?
Correct.
heiseigodzilla425 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:15 pm
Purzel2205 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 am I guess it didn't end up actually having the Champion festival cut?
Correct, it is not included on the disc.

I checked it in MakeMKV (just in case it was inaccessible from the menu), and it is not on the disc.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The Killer Meteor wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:22 pm The Japanese version also removes the subtitle of Honda's credit from its right place, and instead sticks it part way through a dialogue scene!
Yeah, looks like they accidentally moved that line a few minutes later. I almost wonder if it's a typo in the timecode or something
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Love the they bothered to do a new commentary track. But with how high of a bitrate the Japanese cut was given and with the asking price. I feel they should've done two discs as the bitrate on the u.s. cut is ridiculously low compared to the millcreek release.

Also find it odd that H-MAN has two new commentary track for the Japanese cut as opposed to one of the new tracks for the American edit. Not a huge issue but definitely a weird choice considering how the rest of the two films are

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

This any better than the steelbook from 2019?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Vakanai wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 am This any better than the steelbook from 2019?
As far as special features are concerned, yes. Eureka's version also fixes a (relatively minor) error present in the previous Sony DVD and Mill Creek BD releases, illustrated here.

I think Eureka offers the better image and sound quality but it's not a drastic upgrade over the Mill Creek disc. Eureka's disc is also locked to region B.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Terasawa wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:00 am
Vakanai wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 am This any better than the steelbook from 2019?
As far as special features are concerned, yes. Eureka's version also fixes a (relatively minor) error present in the previous Sony DVD and Mill Creek BD releases, illustrated here.

I think Eureka offers the better image and sound quality but it's not a drastic upgrade over the Mill Creek disc. Eureka's disc is also locked to region B.
That's a shame, I'm gonna guess region B is Europe? I'm in the US here. That plus the outright ridiculous asking price I discovered on Amazon is going to keep me from this upgrade it looks like.

Thanks though!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.