Scorpion Releasing hints at "Japanese Monsters" on Blu-ray

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Scorpion Releasing hints at "Japanese Monsters" on Blu-ray

Post by o.supreme »

Question...Is Voyage into Space, a completely new story/movie, or is it just a clip show/compilation of the series?

I never thought about it, but it is kind of odd S!F ONLY gave us the Japanese version of Ultraseven w/ subs, and ONLY the English Dub of Giant Robo (Johnny Sokko)....I guess it was just what was most readily available...
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

o.supreme wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 pm Question...Is Journey into Space, a completely new story/movie, or is it just a clip show/compilation of the series?

I never thought about it, but it is kind of odd S!F ONLY gave us the Japanese version of Ultraseven w/ subs, and ONLY the English Dub of Giant Robo (Johnny Sokko)....I guess it was just what was most readily available...
Yoyage into Space (1970) was a made-for-TV clip film made by American International Pictures (AIP) who earlier had released the Japanese TV series Giant Robot in the States as Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot.

Ultra Q was, btw, also the Japanese version with subtitles and Ultraman was the Japanese subtitled version/American dubbed version combination. Of course, all of these (including Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot) were the DVD releases and not the Ultra Series Blu-ray releases we have (and are still getting) today. Shout! Factory released all of these DVDs except Ultraman: that one was done first by BCI Eclipse (in a two-volume release) and then by Mill Creek Entertainment (in an identical single release).
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

delete post
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just saw that Voyage into Space is available; unfortunately, it can only be bought online. It can't be bought in brick-and-mortar stores like, say, Barnes & Noble.

Here's the website I found it on:

www.roninflix.com/collections/brand-new ... into-space
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I've mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, but my niece got me the Blu-ray release of Voyage Into Space for Christmas last year, slipcover and all! Ho-o-o-o-o-ray!

Now if only Scorpion Releasing and Ronin Flix can just release Giant Robo / Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot: The Complete Series on Blu-ray, that'd be great!

UPDATE: I just found out this release is sold out; all 1,800 copies of it have been bought. Looks like I got it just in time, so please disregard the link mentioned above.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Suica
Ronin

Post by Suica »

Looks like I missed this by quite some time. I can currently grab it for £54 on Ebay, wondering if it's worth that kind of cost for a single movie though