Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

Post by Terasawa »

The odds that anyone here has that specific bootleg are pretty slim. What are you looking for specifically, Godzilla 1985 or the Japanese, export, and U.S. versions together?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

deadman31 wrote:Yes I know it’s a bootleg but I must have it. ;)

If we aren’t supposed to talk about it I apologize.
Check the rules man. No public convos about bootlegs.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

goji1986 wrote:Check the rules man. No public convos about bootlegs.
From the forum rules: "The Discussion of Illegal Items... Is permitted, provided the sources aren't revealed outside of PMs. Posts asking others to break this rule are not permitted."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Ok well if anyone can help me out please PM me. I should have checked first, I apologize.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

What's so unique about that particular bootleg compared to all the others out there? I doubt its even the best quality available of G85.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

It’s got 3 different versions( Japanese, with an English dub and an international one plus the American version) Plus some extras
behind scenes and Bambi meets Godzilla

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

deadman31 wrote:It’s got 3 different versions( Japanese, with an English dub and an international one plus the American version) Plus some extras
behind scenes and Bambi meets Godzilla
Yeah, I'm still not so sure what's on there that you can't find elsewhere. I guess it's maybe nice to have it all in one package, but considering ROG has an official US release and all of that other stuff is easy enough to find online/other bootlegs, I'm not sure what the point in actively seeking out that precise copy is.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Hi I have the official release but it’s my favorite Godzilla movie and being OCD and a collectors hurts sometimes. ;)

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

deadman31 wrote:Hi I have the official release but it’s my favorite Godzilla movie and being OCD and a collectors hurts sometimes. ;)
Years ago I bought a multi-disk bootleg that, although the cover is different, matches this one's description except for the English language tracks on Return Of. My guess is that they've bootlegged the Kraken release for those.

Buy the Kraken 2016 release of Return Of, the Toho 2009 Blu-ray release of the same, and find a copy of the Red Menace Reconstruction of 1985, and you'll have everything (including all of the bonus features) that are in that multi-disk bootleg.

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Hi thanks for reply and not judging me ;)

I have the Kraken release, the Toho blu and more different boots than you could shake a stick at (monsters HD, subs,dubs etc). I just really like this package and I’m hopeful to find it.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

That cover is hideous. If you like the design, just buy the UK VHS of Return of Godzilla. That's where it originates from.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

-Criterion Godzilla Showa Box Set
-Arrow Gamera Complete Box Set
-Mill Creek Ultraman Sets

I'd really like to see the Heisei and Millennium Godzilla eras get SOMETHING a little nifty. I know the 80s films are not with Sony...but whether it be Sony or Sony making a deal with someone else....it would be cool to get those eras each put in a Blu Ray set.

Even an 'insignificant' supplement like an informational booklet would be fun...but just to get the films and discs together in one set in a 'matching' presentation would be nice. For all its faults, the Criterion Godzilla set being a set with uniformity puts some of my OCD at ease.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Chrispy_G wrote:-Criterion Godzilla Showa Box Set
-Arrow Gamera Complete Box Set
-Mill Creek Ultraman Sets

I'd really like to see the Heisei and Millennium Godzilla eras get SOMETHING a little nifty. I know the 80s films are not with Sony...but whether it be Sony or Sony making a deal with someone else....it would be cool to get those eras each put in a Blu Ray set.

Even an 'insignificant' supplement like an informational booklet would be fun...but just to get the films and discs together in one set in a 'matching' presentation would be nice. For all its faults, the Criterion Godzilla set being a set with uniformity puts some of my OCD at ease.
I'd personally love to see Shout Factory get the honor of doing the Heisei era. Seems like a perfect fit.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Quick question guys, its about the gmk and godzilla against mecha g blu ray 2pack. Are these the original japanese cuts? Or was there ever even an altered american version.

I just want to watch all the g movies in their original form. Thank you!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Gahdzilluh wrote:Quick question guys, its about the gmk and godzilla against mecha g blu ray 2pack. Are these the original japanese cuts? Or was there ever even an altered american version.

They have English credits and on screen text but otherwise they’re unedited compared to the Japanese versions.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Terasawa wrote:
Gahdzilluh wrote:Quick question guys, its about the gmk and godzilla against mecha g blu ray 2pack. Are these the original japanese cuts? Or was there ever even an altered american version.

They have English credits and on screen text but otherwise they’re unedited compared to the Japanese versions.
Thanks you!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

What is the best way to get a Godzilla vs Megalon DvD?
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What is the best way to get a Godzilla vs Megalon DvD?
If you must get it on DVD your most affordable option is the "Godzilla Stomp Box" released by Media Blasters.

You should also keeping an eye out for cheaper used copies on eBay. Right now, most copies seem to be listed at around the same price as the Stomp Box.

An unpopular option is to buy the region 2 Toho DVD, currently priced at $22.56 (plus shipping from Japan), although be aware you'd need a region-free player and that the disc doesn't have English subtitles or audio. CDJapan link. There are, however, subtitles you can download if you do go this route.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Terasawa wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What is the best way to get a Godzilla vs Megalon DvD?
If you must get it on DVD your most affordable option is the "Godzilla Stomp Box" released by Media Blasters.

You should also keeping an eye out for cheaper used copies on eBay. Right now, most copies seem to be listed at around the same price as the Stomp Box.

An unpopular option is to buy the region 2 Toho DVD, currently priced at $22.56 (plus shipping from Japan), although be aware you'd need a region-free player and that the disc doesn't have English subtitles or audio. CDJapan link. There are, however, subtitles you can download if you do go this route.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

I want to know if Toho's Godzilla Blu-rays retain all the major legacy bonus materials from the DVDs.

I'm aware that not all of the extras from the 3-disc Godzilla: Final Wars Special Edition DVD are on that film's blu-ray's release. I'm also aware that a soundtrack CD was included in some of the Millennium era films' the Godzilla vs. Megaguirus DVD set, and that unsurprisingly isn't carried over to the Blu-ray.

I'm using Google Translate to help understand Toho's home video website, FYI.

Regarding Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974):

Toho's DVD release of this film apparently included a "Mechagodzilla Encyclopedia", "Mechagodzilla Theory", "Okinawa Stage Map", and "Okinawa Shiisaa". But these don't seem to be listed on the film's Toho Blu-ray release. Are any of these features on the Blu-ray, but with their names changed? And if they aren't, are they interesting enough to warrant buying the DVD edition? I know that the Still Gallery from the DVD also doesn't seem to be carried over to the Blu-ray (correct me if I'm wrong on that front), but I'm not as interested in that.

Is all the behind-the-scenes material from the Godzilla 2000 DVD set's second disc included on the film's Blu-ray release? I just want to be sure that nothing's missing.

The 25-minute TV special and storyboard gallery included on the Godzilla vs. Megaguirus DVD set doesn't seem to be on the Blu-ray. Are they really missing or am I mistaken?

Then, there's GMK. The third disc from its DVD set included three kaiju suit documentaries plus an hour-long round table discussion. The Blu-ray release, by comparison, apparently includes (most of?) this material under the name of "The Worst! Birth of Godzilla Godzilla Vol., Mothra Vol., King Ghidorah Vol."; and "The Worst! Birth of Godzilla Godzilla Vol." is re-edited from the DVD edition. How is it reedited? Is all the material from the third DVD disc included on the Blu-ray?

Finally, there's Tokyo S.O.S. Based on the Product Description on its Amazon Japan page, the film's Special Edition DVD set included a making-of special featuring reporter Tomomi Muranaka. But this doesn't seem to be listed on the Blu-ray's features. Is it missing?
Last edited by John Pannozzi on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Friends don't lie.