What Godzilla movies do you own?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: What Godzilla movies do you own?

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:50 am I just looked at my list on pg. 13 and saw I've only got five left to go:

*Reptilicus,
*Super Inframan,
*Ringu Collection,
*One Missed Call Trilogy,
*Speed Racer: The Complete Series.

I would've added Yokai Monsters Collection to the list, but it doesn't have The Great Yokai War: Guardians in it - and it should've been, imo. Maybe if Arrow Video and Kadokawa re-released it with that film included in it, I'd consider it.
Also, I would've liked to have added Gamera: The Complete Collection and The Daimajin Trilogy (the second release), but they were too expensive.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I hope to get the Kino Lorber Studio Classics Blu-ray releases of Konga and Yongary, Monster from the Deep for my next birthday. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'd really like to see Netflix drop even the most bare bones of Blu Ray releases for the Anime Trilogy and Singular Point. Not even having an option to properly own them is frustrating.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

All of them except the Anime Trilogy.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm I hope to get the Kino Lorber Studio Classics Blu-ray releases of Konga and Yongary, Monster from the Deep for my next birthday. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
I'm also going to try to get the Midnite Movies DVD release of Reptilicus as well.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Warner Archive is issuing a reprint of its long out-of-print Blu Ray of 1933 King Kong. Be wary. I know it is tempting to jump on a title that has been long out of print, but next year is the 90th anniversary and we have almost everything short of official confirmation that one of the boutique labels is going to do a new release of the film. Could be a 4K disc from Criterion themselves for all we know.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, it took a while, but I got the Blu-ray release of Konga last night!

Now, all I need is the Blu-ray release of Yongary, Monster from the Deep and the Midnite Movies DVD release of Reptilicus and I'm all set...for now.

Only two more remain after that: the Blu-ray release of Speed Racer: The Complete Series and the DVD release of Super Inframan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:32 pm Well, it took a while, but I got the Blu-ray release of Konga last night!

Now, all I need is the Blu-ray release of Yongary, Monster from the Deep and the Midnite Movies DVD release of Reptilicus and I'm all set...for now.

Only two more remain after that: the Blu-ray release of Speed Racer: The Complete Series and the DVD release of Super Inframan.
None of these are Godzilla movies, this is the wrong thread.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:07 pm
mikelcho wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:32 pm Well, it took a while, but I got the Blu-ray release of Konga last night!

I know; please refer to my list of all the films I currently own from Friday, May 4, 2018 on pg. 13 of this thread.

The only reason I've done extra pages after it is because I can't change anything on the original list without making another post that'd be a copy of the old post with the changes and not a new post altogether. Believe me, I know, I've tried it before.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 pm

I know; please refer to my list of all the films I currently own from Friday, May 4, 2018 on pg. 13 of this thread.

The only reason I've done extra pages after it is because I can't change anything on the original list without making another post that'd be a copy of the old post with the changes and not a new post altogether. Believe me, I know, I've tried it before.
Mkay, cool. You still made this literal exact post in the "Last Kaiju Film You Bought" thread so there is no need to post it verbatim in another thread, much less one where it would be off-topic.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:38 pm
mikelcho wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 pm

Mkay, cool. You still made this literal exact post in the "Last Kaiju Film You Bought" thread so there is no need to post it verbatim in another thread, much less one where it would be off-topic.
Sorry about that. I figured since my lists were on both pages, viewers could come to one if they didn't know about the other.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am I've got these films:
Toho (DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted; all of them are in the Kiryu Saga as listed in the Toho Kingdom Blog article Godzilla Millennium Series Continuity (except for The Mysterians, Battle in Outer Space, Matango and The Bloodthirsty Trilogy (which are all included by myself simply because I think they fit the overall theme of the Saga)):
*Godzilla (1954; also contains Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956))-The Criterion Collection (first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Mysterians-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Varan-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Mothra-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Matango-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Atragon-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Dogora-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon (a.k.a. Frankenstein Conquers the World)-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*King Kong Escapes-Universal (Blu-ray; the only film I have in this list that doesn't include the Japanese version with accurate English subtitles on it, but maybe someday...)
*Space Amoeba-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.-Sony/Tristar
*Rodan and War of the Gargantuas-Classic Media/Dreamworks (first pressing)
*Sci-Fi Double Feature: The H-Man/Battle in Outer Space-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*The Bloodthirsty Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains The Vampire Doll/Lake of Dracula/Evil of Dracula)

Extras
*The Return of Godzilla-Section 23 Films/Kraken Releasing (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla vs. Biollante-Miramax/Echo Bridge (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla 2000: Millennium (also contains Godzilla 2000)-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)
*Rebirth of Mothra I II III-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)

Non-Toho (again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Rainbow Man-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Invisible Man Appears/The Invisible Man vs. the Human Fly-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*Warning from Space-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Whale God-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 1-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera the Giant Monster/Gamera vs. Barugon/Gamera vs. Gyaos/Gamera vs. Viras)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 2-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera vs. Guiron/Gamera vs. Jiger/Gamera vs. Zigra/Gamera, Super Monster)
*The Daimajin Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Daimajin/Return of Daimaijin/Daimajin Strikes Again)
*The Gamera Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Gamera the Guardian of the Universe/Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion/Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris)
*Gappa the Triphibian Monster-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock (Blu-ray-R)
*When Horror Came to Shochiku-Eclipse Films (contains The X from Outer Space/Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell/The Living Skeleton/Genocide) (first pressing)
*Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Yongary, Monster from the Deep-Kino Lorber Studio Classics (Blu-ray)
*Gorgo-VCI Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Konga-Kino Lorber Studio Classics (Blu-ray)
*Reptilicus-MGM (Midnite Movies) (I wish that the original unedited Danish version with accurate English subtitles and all of the deleted scenes put back in the proper places in the film had been included with this one - again, maybe someday...)
*Them!-Warner Brothers/Warner Archive (Blu-ray-R)
*Tarantula-Shout! Factory/Scream Factory (Blu-ray)
*The Angry Red Planet-MGM (Midnite Movies)
*Swedish Double Feature: Terror in the Midnight Sun/Invasion of the Animal People (Special Edition)-Something Weird Video/Image Entertainment
*Equinox-The Criterion Collection (also contains the original version of the film, The Equinox... A Journey into the Supernatural (1967)) (first pressing)
*Dragonslayer-Paramount
*Little Shop of Horrors: The Director's Cut (1986)-Warner Brothers
*The Iron Giant (Signature Edition)-Warner Brothers
*King Kong (2005) (Deluxe Extended Edition)-Universal
*Tremors: 7-Movie Collection-Universal (contains Tremors, Tremors 2: Aftershocks, Tremors 3: Back to Perfection, Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, Tremors 5: Bloodlines, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell and Tremors: Shrieker Island)
*Tremors: The Complete Series-Universal
*Pulse (Japanese version)-Magnolia Home Entertainment
*Pulse (unrated American version)-Dimension Home Entertainment
*Pulse 2 (a.k.a. Pulse 2: Afterlife)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Pulse 3 (a.k.a. Pulse 3: Invasion)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Ultra Q: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Ultraman: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Ultraseven: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version)) (actually, it's The Complete Series Minus 1, since the banned episode 12 is missing, but that's okay - I'm willing to be flexible here)
*The Birth of Ultraman Collection-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Secrets of the Rise of Ultraman-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot: The Complete Series-Shout! Factory (one of two Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese subtitled version on it - oh well, you can't win 'em all, I guess)
*Voyage Into Space-Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Flix (first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla (1998)-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: The Series - The Complete Animated Series-Mill Creek Entertainment
*Retro TV Toons - Godzilla: The Series - The H.E.A.T. Is On!-Mill Creek Entertainment (contains episodes 1-10 of the series)
*Godzilla (2014)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Shin Godzilla-FUNimation (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Kong: Skull Island-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla vs. Kong-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)

I hope to have these releases someday (once again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Super Inframan-Shaw Brothers/Image Entertainment
*Ringu Collection-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains Ringu/Ringu 2/Ringu 0/The Spiral)
*One Missed Call Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains One Missed Call/One Missed Call 2/One Missed Call: Final)
*Speed Racer: The Complete Series-FUNimation (the other Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese subtitled version on it - like I said before, you can't win 'em all, I guess)
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I have owned all Godzilla films on DVD or VHS at some point except Son of Godzilla. I ended up ripping them and have them all stored on an external hard drive so I can watch them whenever and this way I was able to keep the DVD menus and whatever extras were included.

I'm still missing Son of Godzilla though, I look for it every now and then. I'll probably just end up buying a digital version eventually if I find it.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just picked up the Midnite Movies DVD of Reptilicus tonight! Ho-o-o-ray!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:20 pm
mikelcho wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am I've got these films:
Toho (DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted; all of them are in the Kiryu Series as listed in the Toho Kingdom Blog article Godzilla Millennium Series Continuity (except for The Mysterians, Battle in Outer Space, Matango and The Bloodthirsty Trilogy (which are all included by myself simply because I think they fit the overall theme of the series)):
*Godzilla (1954; also contains Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956))-The Criterion Collection (first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Mysterians-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Varan-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Mothra-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Matango-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Atragon-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Dogora-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon (a.k.a. Frankenstein Conquers the World)-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*King Kong Escapes-Universal (Blu-ray; the only film I have in this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese version with accurate English subtitles on it, but maybe someday...)
*Space Amoeba-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.-Sony/Tristar
*Rodan and War of the Gargantuas-Classic Media/Dreamworks (first pressing)
*Sci-Fi Double Feature: The H-Man/Battle in Outer Space-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*The Bloodthirsty Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains The Vampire Doll/Lake of Dracula/Evil of Dracula)

Extras
*The Return of Godzilla-Section 23 Films/Kraken Releasing (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla vs. Biollante-Miramax/Echo Bridge (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla 2000: Millennium (also contains Godzilla 2000)-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)
*Rebirth of Mothra I II III-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)

Non-Toho (again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Rainbow Man-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Invisible Man Appears/The Invisible Man vs. the Human Fly-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*Warning from Space-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Whale God-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 1-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera the Giant Monster/Gamera vs. Barugon/Gamera vs. Gyaos/Gamera vs. Viras)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 2-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera vs. Guiron/Gamera vs. Jiger/Gamera vs. Zigra/Gamera, Super Monster)
*The Daimajin Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Daimajin/Return of Daimaijin/Daimajin Strikes Again)
*The Gamera Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Gamera the Guardian of the Universe/Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion/Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris)
*Gappa the Triphibian Monster-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock (Blu-ray-R)
*When Horror Came to Shochiku-Eclipse Films (contains The X from Outer Space/Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell/The Living Skeleton/Genocide) (first pressing)
*Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Yongary, Monster from the Deep-Kino Lorber Studio Classics (Blu-ray)
*Gorgo-VCI Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Konga-Kino Lorber Studio Classics (Blu-ray)
*Them!-Warner Brothers/Warner Archive (Blu-ray-R)
*Tarantula-Shout! Factory/Scream Factory (Blu-ray)
*The Angry Red Planet-MGM (Midnite Movies)
*Swedish Double Feature: Terror in the Midnight Sun/Invasion of the Animal People (Special Edition)-Something Weird Video/Image Entertainment
*Equinox-The Criterion Collection (also contains the original version of the film, The Equinox... A Journey into the Supernatural (1967)) (first pressing)
*Dragonslayer-Paramount
*Little Shop of Horrors: The Director's Cut (1986)-Warner Brothers
*The Iron Giant (Signature Edition)-Warner Brothers
*King Kong (2005) (Deluxe Extended Edition)-Universal
*Tremors: 7-Movie Collection-Universal (contains Tremors, Tremors 2: Aftershocks, Tremors 3: Back to Perfection, Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, Tremors 5: Bloodlines, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell and Tremors: Shrieker Island)
*Tremors: The Complete Series-Universal
*Pulse (Japanese version)-Magnolia Home Entertainment
*Pulse (unrated American version)-Dimension Home Entertainment
*Pulse 2 (a.k.a. Pulse 2: Afterlife)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Pulse 3 (a.k.a. Pulse 3: Invasion)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Ultra Q: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Ultraman: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Ultraseven: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version)) (actually, it's The Complete Series Minus 1, since the banned episode 12 is missing, but that's okay - I'm willing to be flexible here)
*The Birth of Ultraman Collection-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Secrets of the Rise of Ultraman-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot: The Complete Series-Shout! Factory (one of two Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese subtitled version on it - oh well, you can't win 'em all, I guess)
*Voyage Into Space-Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Flix (first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla (1998)-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: The Series - The Complete Animated Series-Mill Creek Entertainment
*Retro TV Toons - Godzilla: The Series - The H.E.A.T. Is On!-Mill Creek Entertainment (contains episodes 1-10 of the series)
*Godzilla (2014)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Shin Godzilla-FUNimation (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Kong: Skull Island-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla vs. Kong-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)

I hope to have these releases someday (once again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Super Inframan-Shaw Brothers/Image Entertainment
*Ringu Collection-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains Ringu/Ringu 2/Ringu 0/The Spiral)
*One Missed Call Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains One Missed Call/One Missed Call 2/One Missed Call: Final)
*Speed Racer: The Complete Series-FUNimation (the other Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese version with accurate English subtitles on it - like I said before, you can't win 'em all, I guess)
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

mikelcho, what's the point of quoting that same wall of text whenever you get something new?

Titanodon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Titanodon »

All I have is a Monsterverse boxset (that doesn’t include skull island), the english dub of King Kong VS Godzilla and the original Gojira. Luckily I’ve managed to watch Final Wars and Ghidorah the 3 headed monster online

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Every single one until GvK (I think)
For Emperor and Empire!

Chaos Reincarnation
Monarch Researcher

Post by Chaos Reincarnation »

All of them and most major Toho Science Fiction movies that have a US release. Still don't have The War in Space though. =(

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:21 pm mikelcho, what's the point of quoting that same wall of text whenever you get something new?
Because I can't change anything on the original post that I made on Friday, May 4, 2018.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.