Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by Ultra Zilla »

RamshackleRanger wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:^Okay I'm just going to say it again. The MonsterVerse isn't trying to be realistic in terms of real life but rather how people would react to giant monsters appearing. Honestly I see the MonsterVerse going the same route as the original Godzilla series did, started out grounded in reality (Godzilla, King Kong) before going to mystical prospects (Mothra, Shobijin), then to aliens (King Ghidorah). Judging from KotM we're probably getting mystical prospects and aliens which the former I wouldn't count as realistic, so why would Gamera an artificial bio-weapon from an ancient advanced race be any different from an supposed Goddess of earth? Just saying.
just because it isn't trying to be completely realistic doesn't mean there aren't any limits? Artificial Bioweapons are insanely far off.

Its entirely possible for mothra just to be an animal who is worshipped as a goddess without any magical aspects. To say alien life is unrealistic is kind of silly, seeing as how our universe is infinite; it's a 100% guarantee that, somewhere out there, there is life. So yeah, maybe the monsterverse isn't trying to be realistic: But that doesn't mean it's going to go all out.

It would be like adding Polka-Dot to the DCEU.
this didn't age quiet so well

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Ultra Zilla wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:^Okay I'm just going to say it again. The MonsterVerse isn't trying to be realistic in terms of real life but rather how people would react to giant monsters appearing. Honestly I see the MonsterVerse going the same route as the original Godzilla series did, started out grounded in reality (Godzilla, King Kong) before going to mystical prospects (Mothra, Shobijin), then to aliens (King Ghidorah). Judging from KotM we're probably getting mystical prospects and aliens which the former I wouldn't count as realistic, so why would Gamera an artificial bio-weapon from an ancient advanced race be any different from an supposed Goddess of earth? Just saying.
just because it isn't trying to be completely realistic doesn't mean there aren't any limits? Artificial Bioweapons are insanely far off.

Its entirely possible for mothra just to be an animal who is worshipped as a goddess without any magical aspects. To say alien life is unrealistic is kind of silly, seeing as how our universe is infinite; it's a 100% guarantee that, somewhere out there, there is life. So yeah, maybe the monsterverse isn't trying to be realistic: But that doesn't mean it's going to go all out.

For which reason: Because the Monsterverse did go completely unrealistic (opinions on if that's a good thing may vary) or because the DCEU did add Polka Dot Man (opinions are much less varied - he was great!)? Or both?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

Vakanai wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:07 pm
Ultra Zilla wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm

For which reason: Because the Monsterverse did go completely unrealistic (opinions on if that's a good thing may vary) or because the DCEU did add Polka Dot Man (opinions are much less varied - he was great!)? Or both?
Both

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Honestly, Legendary really should just gain the licensing rights to Gamera so he can finally get back into the spotlight.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

A big... fat... ZERO.

After eight long years, one of the most controversial questions of the Kaiju Renaissance has been definitively answered. Long live Kadokawa Gamera!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:19 pm A big... fat... ZERO.

After eight long years, one of the most controversial questions of the Kaiju Renaissance has been definitively answered. Long live Kadokawa Gamera!
It's still no zero just very low. Gamera coming back in an anime and not live action and being on Netflix is interesting. It's the same thing Toho did when they weren't making LA Godzilla and Netflix is doing a Kong anime. Not saying anything will come of it but do you see how the mind can connect certain dots.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:19 pm A big... fat... ZERO.

If anything, let another Hollywood studio do their own take on Gamera.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

heretic take make this hypothetical legendary gamera stronger than godzilla

some people that will mald and cope like 5 year olds because their favorite isnt the strongest is fine so we could see a really busted gamera going around, not that that means godzilla would *loose* but space jet powered turtle is broken in concept

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Janjira-York wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:30 am heretic take make this hypothetical legendary gamera stronger than godzilla

some people that will mald and cope like 5 year olds because their favorite isnt the strongest is fine so we could see a really busted gamera going around, not that that means godzilla would *loose* but space jet powered turtle is broken in concept
Someone made a good case if Gamera showed up he should acknowledge Godzilla as Alpha and the fight only happens because Godzilla enforces balance and Gamera would be causing unbalance by helping out people like stopping natural disasters.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image