TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Didn't Robosen make those unlicensed versions that went viral? Kinda funny Hasbro went to a "third party" company and they actually worked together. Usually it's Hasbro trying to shut them down.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I have the titan class fort max, trypticon, and omega supreme. never found metroplex for less than ludicrous prices and haven't had a chance to get the new scorponok yet
your source of self destruction

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Studio Series Slag is already out for review. There's a few design choices that rub me the wrong way but not bad for what it is.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Studio Series 86 reveals Wreck Gar and Sharktacon.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I got the Studio Series Hot Rod a few days ago and I absolutely love it! It comes with plenty of accessories that makes me happy and he just looks so good, it's like he just popped out of the screen. It makes me want to get the rest of the SS'86 figures because they also look really good!

The other Transformers that I've gotten before this are Masterpiece Shockwave, Netflix Wheeljack, Alternators Swindle, some Blaster that transforms into a cool looking vehicle, Newage Scaramanga (third-party Legends Soundwave), Mastermind Fraudo (third-party Swindle), and Mastermind Impetus (third-party Vortex). I pre-ordered Masterpiece Starscream and he was estimated to be released this month but it changed to August :(
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm I got the Studio Series Hot Rod a few days ago and I absolutely love it! It comes with plenty of accessories that makes me happy and he just looks so good, it's like he just popped out of the screen. It makes me want to get the rest of the SS'86 figures because they also look really good!
Now that's epic. 8-)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Studio Series 86 Starscream and Perceptor have been announced.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm a long-time Transformers fan, and I have quite the collection, but I'm running into more and more problems being enthusiastic when they make something I already have two or three (or more) of already. I've started tapering down my robot purchases as my nephew is getting to where he is buying his own, and also starting to be interested in my setup. I think it's great, if you don't have another generation of fans, all you leave behind is a bunch of junk no one understands.

I also use them in dumb comic ideas:
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Idk much about Transformers but as a kid I always wanted the bulkhead toy from the 2007 show. Always loved that show, definitely had the best artstyle Ive ever seen Transformers in and Im tempted to collect some of the characters from it since they arent SUPER expensive.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

My tax money should be coming in within the week or so. Really tempted to grab a 3rd party Grimlock. I like the bigger size and paint apps (plus lower prices) of the Gigapower version but prefer the design/build and transformation of the Fans Toys.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’ve been on a hunt for SS’86 stuff as I can. Have Grimlock, Slag and Hot Rod currently. Though that didn’t stop me from picking up Kingdom Rodimus when I happened across it a couple months ago because I’ve always wanted to have one.
Last edited by Saturndusk on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

86 Sludge has been revealed.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Sludge looks good. Funny, it would have a sorta accurate beast scale with my POTP Dinobots if I got it. Only liked Slash, Slug and Grimlock from that line. Can we get a core class Swoop? That'd be sweet.

I'm a little weirded out by them revealing that Arcee twice. I kinda like it but it doesn't go with anything I have.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:30 am JURASSIC PARK TRANSFORMERS
How would you feel about Power Rangers Transformers? I know we already have zords, but I imagine toys where each ranger turns into their zords.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Finally grabbed one of these bad boys "like new" off Ebay. Been looking for one from a US seller for months. Paid almost $450 for it but it's easily one of the cheaper ones I've come across. Couldn't pass it up.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Bump for Legacy Generations!

Probably going to pick up Knock Out and Kickback, kinda hesitant on getting Motormaster though till I see some Menasor pictures with him and the other Stuntacons

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Has the MPM Blackout been released yet??? I need it so bad, hope they pay me before it sells out
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Omegamorph wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:26 am Has the MPM Blackout been released yet??? I need it so bad, hope they pay me before it sells out
I think so on Target, I'm considering it because Blackout was honestly what got me really into transformers. SO many account names used to just be Blackout

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Houndoom wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:25 pm I think so on Target, I'm considering it because Blackout was honestly what got me really into transformers. SO many account names used to just be Blackout
I grew up with BW, RID and Armada, but Blackout and Scorponok are definitely among my favourite Bayformers. The insectile alien quality is just intoxicating
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.