Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

ApexOversteer wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:52 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:37 am Rebor Retro Rex (say that 5 times fast) preorders are opening!

We've also gotten a look at this familiar looking VALLEY variant....

Mesozoic Rhapsody 'Valley' is also open for pre-order...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/164785

It is, my bad. Just wanted to alert people it existed.

Also, that Bull is chef's kiss.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat May 22, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:10 pmIt is, my bad. Just wanted to alert people it existed.

Also, that Bull is chef's kiss.
I totally feel you... it's the kind of thing you want to shout "Look! Look at what they've made!"

The Retrosaurus wave is going to be the most fun with dinosaurs I've ever had! I am just busting to have Valley already, and I'm just crazy anticipating the Invicta reboot and the Harryhausen Ceratosaurus! The Beast Wars Megatron isn't exactly my thing, but I can already see that end of the hobby being really excited that it's coming...

Between these, the upcoming REBOR Saurophaganax and the Nanmu Buck (which I think they should just name "Holy Shit" and be done with it), the next little bit of dinosaur collecting should be a real gas!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Rebor Ceratosaurus is actually just a resculpt of their Invicta Rex figure. Looks cool nonetheless. The Charles Knight Rex will make a great stand in for the Kong 33 Rex.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:53 pm The Rebor Ceratosaurus is actually just a resculpt of their Invicta Rex figure. Looks cool nonetheless. The Charles Knight Rex will make a great stand in for the Kong 33 Rex.

Yup, just as the Californication and MesoRhap are both based on the same body sculpt. Very clever by REBOR to sculpt one body, and then alternate heads, legs and arms, *BAM* totally different dinosaur.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

PNSO is adding Kronosaurus to its marine predator line.

https://twitter.com/Everything_Dino/sta ... 47552?s=19
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

SoggyNoodles2016

Wave 3 of the Ceratopsians Series is at BBTS.

Collect Jurassic also has photos of the upcoming Amber Collection

Hammond

Sattler

And Dimorphodon

The humans look great (might be the best of the line, that Hammond is DEAD ON) but the pterosaurs majorly disappoint me. I can live without the bendy wings of the Pteranodon on something that small but they are near identical to the average attack pack just with minor detail/scale differences. Too bad, was gonna grab them to make up for the NECA Pteranodon when I got the NYC Ultimate Kong.

Still nothing on the JP3 Raptor though but I'm hoping to be surprised

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Weirdly, I could see those being used for Kong anyway as a sub for the mini-monster figures I wanted to get but was unwilling to pay ebay prices to import. They'd make pretty good pit monsters and go well in the trees from my BOTM environments both...how big are they?

SoggyNoodles2016

Platypus Prime wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:13 pm Weirdly, I could see those being used for Kong anyway as a sub for the mini-monster figures I wanted to get but was unwilling to pay ebay prices to import. They'd make pretty good pit monsters and go well in the trees from my BOTM environments both...how big are they?
Yeah, no they would work, they just don't look good enough for 35 dollars when I can get one of the normal line's versions for like, 10 bucks.

No size listed on any preorder sites but given the whole line's 6 inch scale......2-3 inches? With a 4 inch wing maybe?

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

That's actually NOT much better cost-wise...nuts, I thought it might be a viable alternative.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The Rebor Smilodon color schemes have been unveiled including the standard and a Battle Cat variant.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Seeing as the minifigures for GvK are confirmed as 'not US release', I may just go ahead and spend a bit MORE but get more versatility. ToyPizza at https://www.knightsoftheslice.com/ has the red Glow Zuniceratops exclusive from BoTM, and BigBadToyStore still has the environment packs for Wetlands and Desert. I could put both my glow-dinosaurs with the desert set, and in the grand tradition of misidentifying therapod nests, claim it's theirs. I've already found that the environment packs work great with Kong and Godzilla too, so win/win if you consider that I can get all three of what I'm looking at for the cost of the import minifigures. Mononychus will have to pull double-duty as a pit critter.

SoggyNoodles2016

Platypus Prime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:58 am Seeing as the minifigures for GvK are confirmed as 'not US release', I may just go ahead and spend a bit MORE but get more versatility. ToyPizza at https://www.knightsoftheslice.com/ has the red Glow Zuniceratops exclusive from BoTM, and BigBadToyStore still has the environment packs for Wetlands and Desert. I could put both my glow-dinosaurs with the desert set, and in the grand tradition of misidentifying therapod nests, claim it's theirs. I've already found that the environment packs work great with Kong and Godzilla too, so win/win if you consider that I can get all three of what I'm looking at for the cost of the import minifigures. Mononychus will have to pull double-duty as a pit critter.
If you're looking for dinosaurs for lil dioramas, Platypus, I'd also recommend either the Nestling sets or the eventual 1/18th raptors,
Protoceratops, and Psittacosaurus. They'll make great lil dinosaurs to run around in comparison to Kong.

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I have an Atrociraptor, a green glow-Zuniceratops, the forest and mountain sets, and a papo Pteranodon, so with the other ones I mentioned I have a decent assortment. I really like the Psittacosaurus, but I'm not sure how well it would work for my setup as I sort of mix and match the dinosaurs and monsters. The feathered raptors and weird colored Zunis work great with Illustrated Kong, the only King Kong I have. I'm thinking of getting the road-runner colored raptor if I can Amazon-point it.

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon May 31, 2021 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

I was actually talking about the upcoming 1/18th ones! They'll be like 2/3 inches to match the size of the Ceratopsians and Tyrannosaurs, not the 6 inch guys. Thought they'd make good lil ones to run around between the feet of Kong and feuding dinosaurs.

I know BBTS and Creative Beast still have that Saurornitholestes if you're interested

Added in 14 seconds:
Ah, you said you wanted to Amazon point it, nevermind

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Well, it doesn't HAVE to be Amazon, and honestly I am not sure their listing is right for it. It's still one of the weirdest ideas I've seen, and that makes it work better for my setup!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rebor's upcoming Smilodon "Stray Cat" variants. Also come in open or close mouthed version. They look fantastic.

Image Image Image

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

"As the egg hatched, to the 'parents' utter confusion, the nest parasite took the opportunity to run like hell."

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 pm Rebor's upcoming Smilodon "Stray Cat" variants. Also come in open or close mouthed version. They look fantastic.

Image Image Image
Wow, a green, orange-striped Smilodon. That's pretty interesting.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

It's an homage to He-Man' best friend and "noble steed" Battlecat.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Bluefin seems to be teasing Jurassic MonsterArts figures on their Twitter!