NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm This thread needs a revival and who better to do it then everyone's favorite transparent asshole?
Up at the usual places now for a November release.
As a massive fan of the original film and story, HYPED to finally add him to my collection. Let's only hope it doesn't make me add the other Monsters though, for my wallets sake.
Technically you don't need an action figure of him, right? Just leave a space in your display of the other Universal monsters and, there ya go.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Getting into the Universal Monsters line, I can't decide between the black & white or the color figures!
Also I hope they make a Dr. Frankenstein figure, plus some of the other humans!
I see that there is a cool looking Frankenstein accessory pack, I wonder what pack they will release for The Wolfman, perhaps the gypsy cottage?
Plus, I really hope we get The Mole People figures..
Last edited by Anguirus on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

As was the case with King Ghidorah, Randy seems to now be denying that they were ever going to offer a Bruce the Shark from Jaws. Despite the fact that, you know, they showed off images of a prototype as a tease and Randy talked extensively about choosing a material that replicated the feel of shark skin. I dont understand the need to beat around the bush, if it didn't work out just tell us.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Fermix wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:39 pm As was the case with King Ghidorah, Randy seems to now be denying that they were ever going to offer a Bruce the Shark from Jaws. Despite the fact that, you know, they showed off images of a prototype as a tease and Randy talked extensively about choosing a material that replicated the feel of shark skin. I dont understand the need to beat around the bush, if it didn't work out just tell us.
I'm hoping he's doing a weird fucking roundabout way of saying it's still in development but yeah, did not miss this from Randy.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, went through Twitter and saw the posts and they're...weird. Someone asks if the Jaws was cancelled and he says "We never offered it". "Offered", not "announced" which I guess is him saying "we can't cancel what we didn't announce". Then someone clarifies they're talking about the picture of the sculptor holding the in-progress figure and he makes a joke about it. So...it's not cancelled? I guess? Randy will Randy.

Anyway, I'm hoping they reveal or tease the next Universal Monster at SDCC. Anything new from the horror genre would be great.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

For all the good stuff they make and as up front and accessible as Randy is at times, he's not as good of a source of info as you'd think he would be. From straight lying, to misleading to trolling people at times, it's confusing to get a straight answer, which kinda undermines the whole close interaction with the boss stuff.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Of course we should get a bunch of reveals this weekend. Don't know if there's much that would interest me but we'll see.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

NECA usually loads things up for SDCC, so I wouldn't be shocked if they steal the show. Although there's not a lot I want from NECA right now either but they usually still do cool stuff I can appreciate even if I'm not after it.

At this point, with them having done just about every TMNT character you can imagine and doing all kinds of oddball background characters and stuff, I don't think anything with that line would shock me. Tatsu I think is the only big get left and supposedly he's just impossible to track down. But even that wouldn't like, knock my socks off.

I am curious to see their Lugosi Dracula. But it's not like we don't know that's a thing.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

InfiniteHollywood wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:39 pm I am curious to see their Lugosi Dracula. But it's not like we don't know that's a thing.
FWIW, they posted a few previews of it, including a profile shot:

So all we really need now is stock images a la Invisible Man. Also knowing NECA, that would count as a "reveal" for SDCC so they may not show off any other Universal Monsters except those two.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Oh nice! Thanks! I feel like we saw some pics of it ages ago but maybe I'm wrong. I need to look and see if there's a fanged portrait!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NECA booth is up at SDCC, and some BIG reveals!!

Starting with Universal Monsters, our first full look at Drac and his accessory set!

and CREATURE!!! NECA already won the convention day one with this. Holy shit. Literal holy grail of figures for me. I'm still in shock that it's happening. This whole line is like, Toy Line of the Decade. So fucking happy.

Anyway, Toony Terrors They Live, Teen Wolf, [something I don't recognize] and most importantly, Killer Klowns!! Really hoping NECA does Ultimates on these.

Non-horror stuff, Ultimates ET (meh, personally) and Xanatos and Angela from Gargoyles!
https://i.imgur.com/ya3CL2M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/T0JrYT5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J4ClQwB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9bFf9ge.png

There's also some reveals for Turtles but I don't go there so I'm not sure what was shown off.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KILLER KLOWNS!

Oh hell YEAH! About damn time. Them, and Dracula and Gillman, are must buys for me. Now, NECA... Tremors.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Mirage TMNT look great. Dinosaurs is a fun unexpected one.

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

PSA: check your local Walgreens toy aisle. Mine has a bunch of NECAs in a clearance slot for $14.99 each. I picked up a Part VII Jason and would have gotten a 2018 Michael Myers but his box was really torn up.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:28 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 pm This thread needs a revival and who better to do it then everyone's favorite transparent asshole?
Up at the usual places now for a November release.
As a massive fan of the original film and story, HYPED to finally add him to my collection. Let's only hope it doesn't make me add the other Monsters though, for my wallets sake.
Technically you don't need an action figure of him, right? Just leave a space in your display of the other Universal monsters and, there ya go.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

The Phantom of the Opera has been revealed on Instagram!

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

I'm just hoping for an actual Bride of Frankenstein figure. I mean, they did the April O'Neil crossover....why not the OG?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NickMockoviak wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:03 am I'm just hoping for an actual Bride of Frankenstein figure. I mean, they did the April O'Neil crossover....why not the OG?
It’s almost definitely happening.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

NickMockoviak wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:03 am I'm just hoping for an actual Bride of Frankenstein figure. I mean, they did the April O'Neil crossover....why not the OG?
Confirmed at Comic-Con, out next year with Creature.

Added in 12 minutes 8 seconds:
Also, now that it's over I can tally up the MANY announcements of Neca-Ween lol

- Saw Ultimates
- Feral Predator Ultimates
- Nightmare Before Christmas line
- Toony Terrors Captain Spaulding
- a NEW Ultimate Ghostface (with a removable cloak to replicate the "Bro Ghostface" from the 2022 film's Stab 8 scenes, associated accessories, and plenty of masks)
- the killer from lost 1927 Universal Monster film London After Midnight
- Thing Dog

And so much more I can't catalogue on my 30 minute alone haha
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So, rumor has it that NECA is letting its Alien and Predator licenses expire!