Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by Gigantis »

A solid, but pretty simple episode this time around. Hanejiro has some more solid character development!
Spoiler:
I'm also gonna guess it was him replicating Kanata's voice.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:22 pm A solid, but pretty simple episode this time around. Hanejiro has some more solid character development!
Spoiler:
I'm also gonna guess it was him replicating Kanata's voice.
What?
Spoiler:
We see him lower his head and mimic Kanata's voice and phrases. How was it NOT Hanejiro? Oh man if Kengo shows up I hope he mimics his 'smile smile' to cover for him. Kengo: I say more than just 'SMILE SMILE' you know!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:38 am Excited that everyone seems to be digging Decker! I've got a few episodes left of Dyna, then I'll start this new show.
Oh, wow! You're watching Dyna! Oh, this will be a cool transition for you. I think you will enjoy Decker!

Added in 4 minutes 50 seconds:
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode of Decker! This show is way better than Trigger! I sure hope they keep this up throughout the series! I am not happy about the next kaiju he will fight in the next episode, but I sure hope that it has a good story.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

It really does feel like Decker's managed to recapture something that's been missing. Can't quite put my finger on just what exactly, but it's there.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I wanna re-watch Z now even though I got basically Taro up to Heisei to watch.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

NSZ wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:34 pm It really does feel like Decker's managed to recapture something that's been missing. Can't quite put my finger on just what exactly, but it's there.
Quality. It has quality after the complete lack there of in almost every aspect of Ultraman Trigger.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:03 pm
NSZ wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:34 pm It really does feel like Decker's managed to recapture something that's been missing. Can't quite put my finger on just what exactly, but it's there.
Quality. It has quality after the complete lack there of in almost every aspect of Ultraman Trigger.
And heart.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Saturndusk wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:20 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:03 pm
And heart.
Indeed. I don't think it's as good as the top three New Gen series (Orb, Geed and Z, IMHO), but thus far, it is easily up there with X and Taiga. Not bad at all. It's definitely better than Ginga, Ginga S and the shit show that was R/B.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Trigger had...good action. Kengo's actor seems to have good chemistry everyone and it's a shame he didn't have more than 'smile smile!' Ignis and Akito were good too. But sheesh when I think of Trigger I think of the annoying bad stuff first sadly. Yeah the team didn't really feel like a team outside of the main three. Sure we had handsome magnificent captain but the other three were just there...being loud and annoying.

Wasn't the main director of Trigger the same one as Geed? I call it a step down if I got the names right :( I really like Geed. Can't comment on Taiga yet.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:34 pm Trigger had...good action. Kengo's actor seems to have good chemistry everyone and it's a shame he didn't have more than 'smile smile!' Ignis and Akito were good too. But sheesh when I think of Trigger I think of the annoying bad stuff first sadly. Yeah the team didn't really feel like a team outside of the main three. Sure we had handsome magnificent captain but the other three were just there...being loud and annoying.

Wasn't the main director of Trigger the same one as Geed? I call it a step down if I got the names right :( I really like Geed. Can't comment on Taiga yet.
Agreed on action, disagree on legit everything else. Ignis just came off as a watered down, wannabe Jugglus Juggler for me. They attempted to spice things up with his history with the Dark Giants, but it just came off as blah and there was no real payoff with him not securing any real noteworthy victories against them that I can recall. They kept dancing around who's side he's really on, just like they did with Juggler, only it wasn't nearly as well crafted or entertaining. EVERYTHING about Kengo makes him one of my absolute least favorite hosts, if not my outright least liked out of like, what, 30 hosts? I have no real issues with Akito besides her being fairly useless to the plot and just being your typical Japanese girl in a world of monsters up until the end when she had to do stuff with her "powers."
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay.
But Akito was the guy, Kengo's boyfriend. Yuna is the mystic power gal.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:40 am Okay.
But Akito was the guy, Kengo's boyfriend. Yuna is the mystic power gal.
Oooooh. I got the names mixed up, my bad. Akito was the guy that WANTED to be Trigger, right?

Quote of the Year:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah Akito wanted to be an Ultra.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Fairly lighthearted episode this week, which is only fair.

Not sure how I feel about next week being a recap.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A pretty simple, lighthearted and cute episode. It's nice to see Eleking in the forefront again!

I usually skip recap episodes, so the next episode is probably gonna be one of the few Decker ones I don't watch.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I know for sure I'll be skipping next week, in no small part due to the host.

This week's episode was good, though. Very sweet.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I honestly forgot Metron/Mararu existed. 😂. I had no idea there was so much contempt for that character. I'm usually the one who's hardest on Comedy relief characters. It's ice to see a few people feel the same for once heh....
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Is this a new tradition? Introducing the magic form with an over-powered power but won't get used again?

Z's Gamma Future: Shrinks and goes inside kaiju and blows them up from inside.
Decker's Miracle Form: Turns kaiju back into its juvenile form.
So he'll just beat all the monsters like that. Oh maybe not any robot monsters I guess.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:42 pm Is this a new tradition? Introducing the magic form with an over-powered power but won't get used again?

Z's Gamma Future: Shrinks and goes inside kaiju and blows them up from inside.
Decker's Miracle Form: Turns kaiju back into its juvenile form.
So he'll just beat all the monsters like that. Oh maybe not any robot monsters I guess.
Ultras with instant win powers they use once and never again are hardly anything new. All the way back to the very first series, Ultraman has powers that could instantly restrain violent opponents, levitate them in the air, and then slice them in half.

Decker #5 was pretty solid. Best Eleking-centric episode in a long, long time.

And yeah, skipping next episode. Can't believe they're doing a recap after only 5 god damn episodes. And bringing back one of the absolute worst parts of Trigger to do it. No thanks.

Quote of the Year:

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I know last year with Trigger they rook 2 weeks off after only 4 or 5 episodes because of the Olympics, and showed 2 recaps during that time. Maybe they just integrated that timing into their schedule? Oh well, at least this timing will only be 1 week off instead of 2.

Also I know in light of everything it makes little difference, but since TPC started this new way of releasing 25 ( ish) episodes over half a year, It just feels better if they can have everything wrapped up be end of the year. Because Trigger had so many breaks the series final episodes spilled over to January a bit. I hope they can avoid that this year.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!