Ultraman New Generation Future "Gimmick" Ideas

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Ultraman New Generation Future "Gimmick" Ideas

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Like it or not, the New Generation gimmicks have proven popular enough to keep the franchise afloat and won't be going away anytime soon. While there's been some hits and misses with it, I've been enjoying most series (X, Orb, Geed, Taiga and Z are abso-damn-lutely awesome). Has anybody else had any sort of gimmick ideas that could one day pop up in a future series, be it forms/fusions/transformation items and weapons?

I've had one that's been heavily on my mind since the days of Orb. Derzerb and myself talked about it a bit way back in the day.

It's an Ultraman that has forms based on real life warriors from around the world. The basic form would be based on boxer or MMA fighter, mixing strength and speed with various energized strikes. The "strength" form would gain armor and a sword and shield combo and be based on a Spartan. It'd sacrifice speed, but gain tremendous strength. The typical "speed" form would be based on a ninja with sais and an ability to launch energy shuriken. The final series form, the "super form" that all New Gen Ultras seem to get, would be based on a modern day commando/soldier. His weapon would be a new thing designed by the support team, virtually a monstrous minigun. This form itself would be inspired/powered by the relationship the Ultra has gained with the support team over the course of the series.

Never really gave much thought to the transformation item gimmick, though.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ultraman New Generation Future "Gimmick" Ideas

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kaiju/Ultra fusions. I know the X Cyber Armors kinda did that but I'm talking the Orb/Geed/Z type fusions but with kaiju being in the space where Ultras would be. So using Specium Zeperion as an example, have like Gomora and Golza instead of Man and Tiga.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:16 am Kaiju/Ultra fusions. I know the X Cyber Armors kinda did that but I'm talking the Orb/Geed/Z type fusions but with kaiju being in the space where Ultras would be. So using Specium Zeperion as an example, have like Gomora and Golza instead of Man and Tiga.
How would you incorporate their designs into the Ultra? Like Monster Hunter-style armor and weapons?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I always kinda liked the idea of maybe having an Ultra who could get his powers based off of different animals (Gorilla for strength, Wolf for speed etc) but i have no idea how the design could work.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I second the idea of an Ultra harnessing past Ultra/kaiju fusions. If I were to pick which ones, I would go :

Ultraman/Gomora
Ultraseven/King Joe
Ultraman Tiga/Ganatathor
Ultraman Zero/Hyper Zetton
Ultraman Ruebe/Snake Darkness

Also, I know I may've said this before, but how would you feel if they gave new transformations to past Ultras? I think that they should give the original Ultraman himself a new transformation. I imagine it work in a similar fashion to Ultraman Zero's Beyond form where he utilizes capsules harnessing the powers of past Ultras (in this case his brothers-at-arms).
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I would say some sort of fusion with transforming vehicles, but Gridman kind of does that already 😉
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:01 pm I would say some sort of fusion with transforming vehicles, but Gridman kind of does that already 😉
Wait a second, why hasn't Ultraman officially crossed over with Gridman yet?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:01 pm I would say some sort of fusion with transforming vehicles, but Gridman kind of does that already 😉
So... Ultraman mixed with Transformers?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Yeah. I was thinking mixing past Ultras and Kaiju was pretty played out. What else is constant about most series? Science teams and their various vehicles. But even that could be expanded upon
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 pm Yeah. I was thinking mixing past Ultras and Kaiju was pretty played out. What else is constant about most series? Science teams and their various vehicles. But even that could be expanded upon
Z kinda already did that.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:06 pm
Gridman didn't take off when it was first created. It's only in recent years that Gridman is having any iota of success and that's in anime form.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

darthzilla99 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 am
Gridman didn't take off when it was first created. It's only in recent years that Gridman is having any iota of success and that's in anime form.
Still, the question stands. It's been 3 years since SSSS.GRIDMAN premiered and there's been stageshows so it's not like they don't have suits of Gridman, Anti, and their opponents.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gridman does, sorta, crossover in one of the BR releases for a recent film, I believe the Zero movie or Saga. Belial insults Kahn Digifier for his repeated failures of destroying Gridman. Gridman, or a Gridman-like hero, was also originally going to be in the Zero movie but was cut.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

darthzilla99 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 am
You wouldn’t be opposed to it would you?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:01 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:16 am Kaiju/Ultra fusions. I know the X Cyber Armors kinda did that but I'm talking the Orb/Geed/Z type fusions but with kaiju being in the space where Ultras would be. So using Specium Zeperion as an example, have like Gomora and Golza instead of Man and Tiga.
How would you incorporate their designs into the Ultra? Like Monster Hunter-style armor and weapons?
That just sounds cool?!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:47 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:01 am
That just sounds cool?!
I’m thinking an Ultra harnessing the power of one past Ultra and one Kaiju each. For example, OG Ultraman/Gomora, or Ultraseven/King Joe.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

A (comparatively) weak Ultra who teams up with capsule monsters to fight. Training and modifying the monsters is the central gimmick.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maybe an amulet-based gimmick as a callback to Ultraman Great.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.