Who is your favorite Ultra Brother?

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.

Favorite Ultra Brother?

Ultraman
23%
Zoffy
No votes
Seven
9%
Jack
9%
Ace
5%
Taro
9%
Leo
14%
Astra
No votes
5%
Mebius
27%
Hikari
No votes

Total votes: 22

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Who is your favorite Ultra Brother?

Post by Jermobooka »

Title.

I’m currently watching through Mebius and it’s safe to say that he ties with Tiga for my favorite Ultra. Just…so badass.

The thought made me wonder what’s everyone’s favorite of the Ultra Bro’s. So, naturally, I turn to TK for the answer.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Who is your favorite Ultra Brother?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Definitely Mebius overall, shame he shows up in barely anything because he was the perfect Ultra to celebrate the franchise.

If I gotta go with just the original 6, Taro, for how insane his powers are and how much of an impact he still has on the franchise. And because his design is the most standout of the 6 Ultra Bros.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:00 pm And because his design is the most standout of the 6 Ultra Bros.
Seven with a color timer and horns doesn't really seem standout to me.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The Original Ultraman will always be my favorite, but Mebius is a really great series. I never thoght TPC would ever return to the original Showa Continuity, bu they did, before explaining multiple universes, and it was amazing.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Mebius, Man, Seven, and Leo are my most favorite.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ultraman, Jack and Ace are the top three for me. I just love their designs.

Personality wise, there's not much different between all of them except Mebius, Hikari and Leo. They're all just good for the sake of being good and are completely interchangeable between series, one thing that actually does annoy me with this franchise. It rather sucks it took the franchise all the way up to the 90s to introduce a main Ultra with a different attitude and personality (Agul) that actually differs from the rest while still remaining a good guy.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Jack is the man, man. He's a fuckin beefcake for one (like me, relatable)
His human host has a great singing voice (like me, relatable)
and a gorgeous head of hair (like me, relatable)
Plus the Ultra Bracelet is the coolest (... Maybe less relatable, I'm not a jewelry person)

Jokes aside I have a real soft spot for Jack. He managed to stand out from Man despite being nearly identical in design to the untrained eye. Goh is the man too.
It was tough to pick between him and Taro though.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can't beat the original i always say. Man is just.. too chad.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

From the limited Ultraman stuff I’ve seen, 80. He has a great design and he was an absolute buttkicker in TAC.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

You know how many children's characters are revealed to be gay nowadays? I think it would be neat if one of the original Ultra brothers came out as gay. If I were to guess, it would be Zoffy or Ace.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 pm You know how many children's characters are revealed to be gay nowadays? I think it would be neat if one of the original Ultra brothers came out as gay. If I were to guess, it would be Zoffy or Ace.
Wouldn't it be better to just have... y'know, new Ultras that happen to be LGBT+? We don't have or need to pull a JK Rowling.

Anyways, Ace was originally supposed to be genderless so uh... there's that.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:35 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 pm You know how many children's characters are revealed to be gay nowadays? I think it would be neat if one of the original Ultra brothers came out as gay. If I were to guess, it would be Zoffy or Ace.
Wouldn't it be better to just have... y'know, new Ultras that happen to be LGBT+? We don't have or need to pull a JK Rowling.

Anyways, Ace was originally supposed to be genderless so uh... there's that.
Maybe Ace is actually gender fluid. Same goes for every male Ultra with a female host.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Does it really matter if any of them are gay or not? The only Ultra we know that even gets any is Father and Seven, and that's only because there's a Mother and Taro and Zero. And Taro too, I guess. I'd bet money on him being the gay one if it wasn't for Taiga. But aside that, you never see ANY Ultra just going around and having relationships. We don't even know who Taiga's mom is, let alone Zero's.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I mean, Mirai/Mebius is pretty freaking gay for Ryu in the show...

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:22 pmAnd Taro too, I guess. I'd bet money on him being the gay one if it wasn't for Taiga.
Who's to say Ultras of the same gender can't reproduce? They're beings of light, after all.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

You know with some characters, I don't need to or care to know who or what they screw.
Ultraman is a nice break from American entertainment where people obsess over fictional characters sex lives and the corporate types behind the scenes oblige for brief 24/7 news cycle clout.
Ultraman needs to punch, chop, kick, shoot specium and go "Shwa." I don't need to know what kind of private parts he's into.
I already have made grudging peace with the humanization of Ultras, but I prefer them to be like '66 where he's just... a giant. This is why I'm so excited for Shin Ultraman. I don't even care for them having kids, or Ultra Father/Mother.
Please, for the love of all that is holy, can we not project this incessant Hollywood attitude of surface level virtue signalling about how brave and progressive an exec is for making a children's character's sexuality a defining trait of their personality?
Like, LGBTQ+ attack team members are one thing. But I really don't need Ultra love stories of any kind, unless it's absolutely organic to the story they're telling, which frankly, it wouldn't be likely to be.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Okay, guys, the conversation Ultra Brother sexuality doesn't actually seem to have any relevance to this thread, so let's drop it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

eabaker wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:25 pm Okay, guys, the conversation Ultra Brother sexuality doesn't actually seem to have any relevance to this thread, so let's drop it.
Should I set up a new thread dedicated to such a subject?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 pm
eabaker wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:25 pm Okay, guys, the conversation Ultra Brother sexuality doesn't actually seem to have any relevance to this thread, so let's drop it.
Should I set up a new thread dedicated to such a subject?
If you think it'll lead to an interesting conversation, go for it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.