Official “Ultraman Tiga” Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Official “Ultraman Tiga” Thread

Post by o.supreme »

I'll make you a deal Bluebaron. I absolutely promise that IF TPC ever allows ANY Company (not just Mill Creek) in North America to distribute a legit licensed copy of the 4Kids English dub of Ultraman Tiga in any physical media format (DVD, BRD, 4K)...not streaming..... "I" will personally pay for it in full and gift it to you....

"If" in turn, when if/ever TPC allows any ANY Company (not just Mill Creek) in North America to distribute a legit licensed copy of the Hawaiian OR CINAR English dub of Ultraseven in any physical media format (DVD, BRD, 4K)...not streaming you will then purchase one and gift it to me.

Believe me when I say, I'm all for more expose and more content in multiple languages, but I just don't think its going to happen, so much so that I'd be more than happy to gift one to you. I hope I am wrong and it does come out one day, but we shall see.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I found a nice, subbed version of Final Odyssey recently on YouTube, so I watched that last night.

I thought the movie was pretty good and a nice way to end the Tiga saga. I'm not 100% sure why we couldn't get it on the Mill Creek release
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hey hopefully we get a nice blu-ray or dvd of TFO later down the line. Last I heard it was because of music licensing they could not add it to the boxset.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I wouldn't mind the BD release for Tiga either. Yes, I know its upscaled but from what I saw on YouTube it didn't look that bad. The DVD is okay for picture quality but there were a few episodes that had artifacting then again that could have been because of compression.

Does anyone have the old Funimation DVDS and the new Mill Creek DVDs so we can compare the two?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

Apparently tokushoutsu streaming is airing the Ultraman Tiga trilogy and episode 2 of the lost 4kids Ultraman English dub has been uploaded to YouTube.

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

Angilasman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:13 am I've seen folks say 4Kids didn't dub all of Tiga because ir was canceled partway through, but I have a memory, maybe a false memory, of the 4Kids dub of the series finale playing in the screening room of G-Fest 2004.
Interesting you would say 2004 and not 2003?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Bluebaron wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:44 am
Angilasman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:13 am I've seen folks say 4Kids didn't dub all of Tiga because ir was canceled partway through, but I have a memory, maybe a false memory, of the 4Kids dub of the series finale playing in the screening room of G-Fest 2004.

I attended in '04.

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

Angilasman wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:44 am
Bluebaron wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:44 am

I attended in '04.
Thanks for the response! I did some more research and apparently 4kids did provide things for G-Fest 2004 as well. I wish the 2nd half of the dub would be preserved some how!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

gvamp wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:29 pm I wouldn't mind the BD release for Tiga either. Yes, I know its upscaled but from what I saw on YouTube it didn't look that bad. The DVD is okay for picture quality but there were a few episodes that had artifacting then again that could have been because of compression.

Does anyone have the old Funimation DVDS and the new Mill Creek DVDs so we can compare the two?
Yes I have them both. Comments/Comparisons are pages back dated shortly after the Mill Creek release of their DVD set. The music changes in episodes were some of the most egregious changes.

Hopefully MC is able to get license for Final Odyssey. Since it was a theatrical release, if should have an HD version available (of course the same could have been said for The Cosmos film trilogy, and The Next....) Not sure why we didn't get Blu Ray releases of those, other than to keep consistency with the series box sets on DVD.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

ray243
Monarch Researcher

Post by ray243 »

Interesting documentary about the behind the scenes stuff.
Last edited by ray243 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Episode 52

that one dude who likes the 4Kids dub is gonna by so happy :lol:

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 pm Episode 52

that one dude who likes the 4Kids dub is gonna by so happy :lol:
I was absolutely flabbergasted this thing dropped. A TV schedule from India indicated at least the Evil Tiga arc was aired and some staff who worked on the series did recall dubbing the whole thing. When I did a full series watch with some friends, we watched all the dub episodes released, then the rest of it subbed. Someone cracked a joke maybe some hero abroad had the episodes recorded. Then out of the blue...

Bluebaron
Ronin

Post by Bluebaron »

Yes, this is great! I'm still disappointed places like Henshin Online and Absolute Ultraman did not push more about the dub back in the day. As soon as it was cancelled from Fox Box they moved on and now this history could be lost forever. The rest of missing dub eps are highly likely to be forever lost media sadly. Preservation of dub localization history in the US is important.

Kagutaba
Samurai

Post by Kagutaba »

I'll get looked down on for admitting this but my Tiga hottake is that I much prefer "Awaken Tiga" over "Take Me Higher".

Not hating on "Take Me Higher", it's a bombastic theme don't get me wrong, I just personally favor "Awaken" as a song a lot more.
Last edited by Kagutaba on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

ray243 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:36 am

Interesting documentary about the behind the scenes stuff.
I had no idea what a big influence this one director was in creating so many of Tiga's most interesting episodes! The fact he took more creative control over the writing and effects as the series went along is really interesting.