Official "Mirrorman" thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by o.supreme »

Just watched Mirrorman Episode 1 (glad it wasn't region locked like some of the other content). That was awesome to see. Hopefully down the line if Mill Creek updates their contract with TPC we can get this along with a few other TPC owned Showa Toku heroes, and other Ultraman series.
Last edited by o.supreme on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by mwbworld »

I'm slowly watching Mirrorman myself. It's kind of fun - different in some interesting ways from the Ultraverse.

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Re: Official "Mirrorman" thread

Post by mwbworld »

I'll throw in (since this is now its own thread) - the early Mirrorman fight scenes fell somewhat surreal compared to Ultraman and Sentai since there is no narrator, nothing from Mirrorman just fighting and occasional grunts.

- Michael

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I've complained before about Ultraman episodes having a tendency to run together but Mirrorman is even worse. Doesn't help the monsters are largely the same with slight variations and really lacks the variety of the Ultra series. It's alright but it's slightly boring.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

Yup - got to agree. I kind of enjoy MM but I'm going slowly through it because nothing in particular demands me to watch more than one episode once and a while because it runs together so much.

And some of decisions by the characters are just super odd. For example in one episode the evil aliens frame MM human's form for murder and the head of agency (and pretty much his adoptive father who knows he's also MM) says oh well not a priority I'm sure the police know what they are doing. Even though they need MM to stop the latest evil alien scene. Wow, really cold as ice and very stupid...

- Michael