The SSSS.Dynazenon Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

The SSSS.Dynazenon Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Everyone loved SSSS.Gridman. Now SSSS.Dynazenon, its spinoff series, has begun. I'm a bit late to the party, currently watching episode 2 with episode 3 debuting a lil bit ago. Loving it as much as SSSS.Gridman. Kind of a shame to not see as many people talking about it as SSSS.Gridman when that came out. I kind of blame that on the Godzilla: SP anime, which IMO, this is already better than.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The SSSS.Dynazenon Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Fan of the show so far.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Yeah Singular Point seems to be the stronger of the two. I'm liking it but not quite feeling it as much as I did with Gridman. Gotta say the kaiju designs are even crazier than they were in the previous show

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Episode 5's kaiju was designed by Kiyotaka Taguchi (Demaaga, Segmeger). Commence fanboy squeal.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm suprised peoople haven't made much fanart of
Spoiler:
grown-up Anosillus the 2nd.
Thought they'd hop on that train sooner.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun May 16, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So, the Gridknight in this series isn't the same character (Anti) from the last series? He just looks so different
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

o.supreme wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:27 pm
Spoiler:
So, the Gridknight in this series isn't the same character (Anti) from the last series? He just looks so different
Spoiler:
Knight just looks like Anti but older. Plus, he's with Anosillus II like at the end of GRIDMAN and still has that flame motif in his clothing via the tie.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Watched the last episode yesterday. It was a pretty solid finale. I hope we don't have to wait another 2 years for Gridman x Dynazenon, but I know these things take time.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I've finally been catching up with this show, and I just finished the second to last episode. DYNAZENON hasn't been as gripping as GRIDMAN was, but I've been appreciating how lackadaisical it's been instead at times. This show is just surprisingly pleasant and fun to watch for the most part, while still keeping grounded in its characters and their personal dilemmas. I do wish a few more solid details were provided for certain things - how many people are actually getting killed in these battles this time, for example, or some more background to the kaiju users and what revived them - but ultimately I guess those parts don't matter so much.
This Gridman universe has been a joy so far, and easily my favorite works from Studio Trigger. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Spoiler:
Four S-shaped scars and a mole in the form of a dot—SSSS.Dynazenon.
SSSS.DYNAZENON – PRODUCTION NOTES 11-12 AND FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Yeah, this was a very good show, as was its predecessor. I'll have to rewatch the whole series again soon, to see if I can pick up more the abundant hidden details - and I'll certainly have to revisit it AGAIN once I finally see Gridman the Hyper Agent. I can't wait to see what's in store next for this franchise!

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

BUMP

As far as toys go, the MODEROID DYNAZENON model kit is getting a reissue and a soft vinyl Gagula figure (first form) has been created (though I hate the prices different companies are asking for it despite how awesome it looks)

Both set for a summer release

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »